Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody know Lowrance

Posted By: KenTx1962

Anybody know Lowrance - 02/27/18 03:02 AM

Hey guys I am ordering a new boat and it's a package deal that only comes with Lowrance. One of the options is transducer, it lists structure scan transducer vs 3D structure scan transducer. Anybody explain the difference to me?

Also FYI when the boat arrives I will have a brand new HDS 9 and a HDS 12 Carbon for sale as we will be replacing all with HBirds, so if anyone has an interest in buying them let me know.

Ken
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Anybody know Lowrance - 02/27/18 04:13 AM

Don't waste your effort on 3D Structure Scan if you are going with 'Birds anyway. The 3D Structure Scan is a new technology that images in a 3 dimensional plane on the head unit. You can google some videos that show it in operation. It looks cool, but from the feedback I have heard it is of minimal use to freshwater fishermen.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Anybody know Lowrance - 02/27/18 04:14 AM

If your just going to be reselling it, get the cheaper lss2 or totalscan. The 3d will run you $700-$1k more, depending on the dealers cost.
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Anybody know Lowrance - 02/27/18 04:47 AM

Thanks guys, probably just get the head units and sell those and let guy that wants to use them get the transducer he wants.
Posted By: basshc

Re: Anybody know Lowrance - 02/27/18 11:45 AM

Smart move wish i’d Done the same still struggling.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Anybody know Lowrance - 02/27/18 02:28 PM

You getting another ranger?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum