Texas Fishing Forum

Larry The Lizard Baits

Posted By: Basscat496

Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/26/18 10:17 AM

Has anyone ever used these lizards in the 6 or 10 inch?? They looked neat with the built in rattle in the tail. I was thinking about ordering some but just wanted to see if anyone has used them and what they thought of them? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: george Greider

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/26/18 12:06 PM

Good Lizard Bait. I like the built in rattle.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/26/18 01:37 PM

We tested them for a week in Mexico in comparison against the regular Zoom 6" Lizard. The Zoom out perform them.
TEST:
- Potential in Mex. is 100 Bass per day.
- Each boat received 3 different colors of Larry-The-Lizards for two days. Each boat only caught 50 Bass each day.
- Each boat received the same colors in Zoom Lizards for two days. Each boat had over 100 Bass per day.
- Conclusion: The added sound did not produce and the action of the Lizard did not produce as compared to the Zoom Lizards.

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
We tested them for a week in Mexico in comparison against the regular Zoom 6" Lizard. The Zoom out perform them.
TEST:
- Potential in Mex. is 100 Bass per day.
- Each boat received 3 different colors of Larry-The-Lizards for two days. Each boat only caught 50 Bass each day.
- Each boat received the same colors in Zoom Lizards for two days. Each boat had over 100 Bass per day.
- Conclusion: The added sound did not produce and the action of the Lizard did not produce as compared to the Zoom Lizards.

Thank you for the info. I don't think I will be ordering these now. I'll stick with my Zoom baits. They are pretty expensive for what you get. Glad I made this post before I wasted my $$$$... Thanks again.

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: george Greider
Good Lizard Bait. I like the built in rattle.

Thanks for the info. I really like the look of them and the built in rattle, but from the other post it doesn't sound like its worth the $$$$. I might look at them closer next time I am out at Lake Fork Marina.
Posted By: 1 link stringer

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 03:11 AM

All I throw are ZOOM lizards. The action is awesome. Very slow to medium retrieve, the tail and leg action look as close to real as you can get.
Posted By: 1 link stringer

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 03:11 AM

All I throw are ZOOM lizards. The action is awesome. Very slow to medium retrieve, the tail and leg action look as close to real as you can get.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 03:32 AM

Zoom has been the lizard that all others are judged against for a reason. I cant even get a Berkley Power Lizard to keep up with a Zoom.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 12:32 PM

Kickerfish Hightail lizard is gone, but not forgotten.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Larry The Lizard Baits - 02/27/18 01:02 PM

Only one I can compare close to Zoom lizards were the old Jawtec lizards. Culprit would be my 3rd choice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum