Texas Fishing Forum

New to lake tawakoni

Posted By: Cpus

New to lake tawakoni - 02/24/18 10:40 PM

I was planning on fishing fork on Sunday but due to the tournament I’m just going to pick up my boat from lake fork marina and take it to lake tawakoni. Any help for me with good boat ramps? And for running the lake safely?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: New to lake tawakoni - 02/24/18 11:03 PM

State Park is the best launch on the lake and the safest. The new launch on the west end of the bridge looks pretty good also. Rabbit Cove would be ideal if you launch at the bridge. The cove the State Park is in always worked for me. If you fish Rabbit Cove stay between the bank and the trees on your left but be careful going around any points on Tawakoni, the run pretty far out into the lake. Flipping bushes and flooded willows should get you some bites. Good luck.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: New to lake tawakoni - 02/25/18 03:11 AM

Don't run the middle of the lake unless you know the cuts. At this level, you might be fine, but it is an east Texas lake, so you know there is timber! As for launch, you can launch back in Rabbit and fish in there. You can launch at the State Park and fish there, or make the run down to the dam. Fish the boat ramps, 45 degree banks, and the backs of creek channels.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: New to lake tawakoni - 02/25/18 03:30 AM

Coming from Fork, it might be might be more convenient to launch at the new ramp on the west end of the 276/2-mile bridge. Then run under the bridge toward Rabbit Cove but fish the little main-lake points and mini pockets on the way. After Rabbit, you can fish State Park cove, Ash (in Waco Bay) and Duck coves. As mentioned give points a wide berth and watch for floating debris with high water.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: New to lake tawakoni - 02/25/18 01:55 PM

Lots of floaters out there now... Picked up a few out of the cove yesterday
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum