Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn

Posted By: RNS3

Sam Rayburn - 02/23/18 03:13 PM

Hey guys first time on TFF with a question. I have never fished Rayburn and plan to be there Sunday thru Wednesday. Will the rains really muddy up the water or just stain it? And how will rising water affect the fishing? Just fishin for fun. It’s a 6 hour drive for me and with work this is one of the few chances I’ll have to try it.

Thanks for any responses.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/23/18 03:24 PM

The backs of the big creeks will probably muddy up but main lake will probably stay clear. Fishing has been fantastic and I wouldn't think that would change. Haven't personally been in a few weeks so can't give you anything up to date.
Posted By: RNS3

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/23/18 03:39 PM

Thank you sir.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/23/18 03:50 PM

No way to predict it. More rain tomorrow and some next week. Some popular areas will be dirty. Just go fishing and don't worry about it
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/23/18 04:01 PM

It could go either way, slow it down or turn it on. I would look for clean water coves personally but as long as it's not real muddy they usually still bite. A lot of muddy water will normally hurt the bite for a few days but I wouldn't think 1' would make it to bad. Depends on wind too, a good south wind will blow the muddy water off the main lake and a north wind will blow it out of the main rivers and down the lake. I wouldn't let it stop your trip. They will be biting somewhere out there
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/23/18 08:41 PM

Water in some coves will be dirty. I'd be more concerned about the wind.

I fished earlier in the week and it was blowing pretty good out of the Southeast.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/24/18 06:51 PM

How muddy is it now?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/24/18 07:53 PM

Not as bad as Toledo. More rain coming Tues and wed unfortunately

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/24/18 08:11 PM

I’m suppose to come in the 28th might have to keep heading south till I hit falcon
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/24/18 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Flooringit
I’m suppose to come in the 28th might have to keep heading south till I hit falcon

Ill be down at falcon arriving the 28th, send me a message if you want to meet up and bs. I stay at the state park in my rv

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/24/18 11:27 PM

Funny your from Iowa and my buddy that’s coming with lives in Omaha.
Posted By: PieFiller1

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 12:25 AM

Ken Smith posts video fishing reports for Sam Rayburn, you might check those out they are helpful

Posted By: PieFiller1

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 12:33 AM

Sorry, thought I knew how to do that....

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 12:40 AM

Yea I’ve seen them. It sure he’s been out since this new rain lol
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 01:06 AM

Think Ark....as in Noahs, lake will hit pool sometime tomorrow. Lot of off colored to dirty water, burn plenty of clean water now as well, even most of the way up the lake.

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Flooringit
Funny your from Iowa and my buddy that’s coming with lives in Omaha.

Im 2o minutes from omaha, I was at falcon two weeks ago, broke my engine on the boat so Im going back monday.
Posted By: Trx

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 01:55 AM

Jeff are you from council bluffs?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 01:58 AM

Y'all really drive from Iowa to fish Falcon the way it is today? I am not sure I would have drove that far to fish when it was good.

Don't y'all have water in Iowa???
Posted By: Trx

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 02:01 AM

Yes its 24inch thick rite now jfc!

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 02:21 AM

I did and it was about normal fishing to me... not what everyone totes about falcon being but not tough. I was going to go to florida but it sounds crowded and like its going to be hard to find a rv spot etc. zapata I parked in empty lots a few nights and state park, easy peasy.

Its only 1200 miles.

I live east of cb a few minutes.

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 02:48 AM

Funny how people wonder about how far people drive to fish. I know guys who fly to Ireland cause that’s where golf started. There are fish in every state but Texas has a good size of them

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 02:51 AM

Its snowing and cold in Iowa... I just quit racing dirt track cars two seasons ago and used to go race in feb in texas, alabama etc..
Posted By: saibling

Re: Sam Rayburn - 02/25/18 03:32 AM

main lake will remain clear with visibility 2 to 4 feet. Creeks will muddy as rain water flows you'll see distinctive mud lines. water has risen 1.5 feet since Monday. I'm heading out in the morning if the rain holds. good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum