Texas Fishing Forum

Buy American Made Thread

Posted By: hoodat92

Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 12:01 AM

This has probably been done, so apologies in advance, but I try to buy American made as much as I can, and I buy WAY TOO MUCH fishing stuff, but many times it's hard to find Made in the U.S. products...so how about a thread where everyone mentions American Made fishing products and where to find them.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 12:23 AM

I miss the old bandits...
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 12:50 AM

American made or American assembled? Just kidding, I try to support as local as I can as well. thumb
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:06 AM

I do my best to buy American but some things are hard to find. Try buying clothes or shoes made in America. I buy Callaway golf clubs that are assembled in America but not sure where the components come from. I do know my Ford truck, my home and Skeeter boat was made in America but there again not sure about the components. Interesting thought, how much stuff we buy is actually made here. Hmmmm
Posted By: bigdiastema

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:20 AM

Some St Croix, Some Falcon, and BPS Patriot rods are US made. All great stuff. Lots of custom poured soft baits. Not sure about anything else.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:30 AM

I make a point of buying the best quality I can afford. If it is American made, that is a plus.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: bigdiastema
Some St Croix, Some Falcon, and BPS Patriot rods are US made. All great stuff. Lots of custom poured soft baits. Not sure about anything else.

Every single one of those blanks come from over seas
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

Per Falcons website....

Quote:
On our American-made rods, we start with USA-sourced aviation-grade carbon fiber and craft the blanks ourselves in-house. This hands-on process and decades of experience gives us the unique ability to fine tune actions.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I do my best to buy American but some things are hard to find. Try buying clothes or shoes made in America. I buy Callaway golf clubs that are assembled in America but not sure where the components come from. I do know my Ford truck, my home and Skeeter boat was made in America but there again not sure about the components. Interesting thought, how much stuff we buy is actually made here. Hmmmm

Your motor was made in Japan and the majority of the profits went back there as well

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.

Per Falcons website....

Quote:
On our American-made rods, we start with USA-sourced aviation-grade carbon fiber and craft the blanks ourselves in-house. This hands-on process and decades of experience gives us the unique ability to fine tune actions.

The Falcon HD series are made in China.
Posted By: dflipper

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:08 AM

Skeeter is owned by Yamaha.
Eagle Claw (Trokar)
Zoom
It's sad that you can't just rattle off more! I believe in buying American everytime...but it's hard to do in this hobby. Certain lines of a lot of them are made/assembled here. It's like Toyota...made/assembled here but owned by the Japanese. I like the purpose of this thread and hope it gets a lot of response...truth is most people just don't care or think about it. Proud to say the lumber that built my house are from the great piney woods of east Texas! Keep fighting the good fight, it's worth it to keep your money here for sure!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:09 AM

shouda started 80 years ago..

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:13 AM

We Americans are the reason nothing is made here anymore. We want things, but want them as cheap as possible. A 12 year old working 18 hours day in China is the only way we can get that
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide

Your motor was made in Japan and the majority of the profits went back there as well

And your boat might have been made in Texas, but the company is Japanese-owned (Yamaha, same as your motor). Again, more profits going back there. Your truck might have been assembled in the U.S., but a lot of components were made North (Canada) or South (Mexico) of the border, plus very probably in the Far East
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:33 AM

There is a difference between MADE in America and ASSEMBLED in America. Thousands of people earn a living getting those imported items to your door from the shipyard to the retailer. You are still supporting Americans when you purchase imported products. Very few things including your Ford were made here. Most were just assembled here because Ford wants to buy cheaper components than they can buy here. I just look for the best product that I can afford.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: dflipper
Eagle Claw (Trokar)
Zoom
It's sad that you can't just rattle off more! I believe in buying American everytime...but it's hard to do in this hobby. Certain lines of a lot of them are made/assembled here. It's like Toyota...made/assembled here but owned by the Japanese. I like the purpose of this thread and hope it gets a lot of response...truth is most people just don't care or think about it. Proud to say the lumber that built my house are from the great piney woods of east Texas! Keep fighting the good fight, it's worth it to keep your money here for sure!

Skeeter may be owned by Yamaha but they are made right here in Texas by Americans. For all I know the Yamaha motors are built here in America. Having said that, as much as we want, try and aspire to buy American the truth is it's almost impossible because the things we buy almost certainly have some sort of import connection. Just the way American businesses work. We all want the best product for the best price and that's where the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.come in. They can make it cheaper than we can, just the way it is. Hard to find any of the everyday things we buy that do not have import connections.
Posted By: angleiron

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:50 AM

Put all those fine folks in prison to work and maybe we could start to compete with China.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:53 AM

Yamaha’s are most definitely NOT made in America

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:53 AM

Not much pride in workmanship from all those prison occupants.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters

I don't see much quality from China either.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:59 AM

This thread needs a do over. He asked to list companies or products made in America. Not a debate or opinion on whether it’s right or wrong
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:00 AM

Yamaha outboard motors are manufactured at four production bases: the Fukuroi South Factory (Fukuroi City, Shizuoka Prefecture) and group company Yamaha Kumamoto Products Co., Ltd. (Yatsushiro City, Kumamoto Prefecture) in Japan, MBK Industrie in France and Yamaha Motor da Amazonia Ltda
Posted By: smileyman

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: angleiron

AGREED !
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:33 AM

Made in America*

*By a robot designed in europe and assembled in Asia

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:36 AM

This thread needs a do over. He asked to list companies or products made in America. Not a debate or opinion on whether it’s right or wrong

Thanks KD, exactly right, this really kind of pisses me off. I don't care to hear your political or socioeconomical views. If I wanted to read grown men's ranting and conjecture, I'll read a Trump tweet.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:39 AM

I simply asked for American Made Products. PERIOD. Nice Hijacking guys. flag
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 04:58 AM

Well, there's no such thing as an American made reel... However, there are number of American rods.

Even lures! Texas Tackle Factory plastics are made in Cuba but designed here (yes, this is true, I have a little sponsorship type thing going with them and the owner Bradley has told me this.)
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
Well, there's no such thing as an American made reel... However, there are number of American rods.

Even lures! Texas Tackle Factory plastics are made in Cuba but designed here (yes, this is true, I have a little sponsorship type thing going with them and the owner Bradley has told me this.)

Maybe not for freshwater fishing but there are still a few for saltwater and fly fishing. Avet, Penn, and Tibor are a few that come to mine.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodat92

Thanks KD, exactly right, this really kind of pisses me off. I don't care to hear your political or socioeconomical views. If I wanted to read grown men's ranting and conjecture, I'll read a Trump tweet.

You definitely got politics in the thread now. thumb
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:44 PM

Your ford truck may have foreign made parts but there’s one heck of a assembly plant in Kansas City that employs a whole bunch of red blooded Americans. Kistler, loomis, most st croix, zoom, lft, Mercury, deka battery.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 01:50 PM

https://americansworking.com/fishing-equipment-made-in-the-usa/

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 02:09 PM

Sorry for the hijack, totally my fault on this one. I will throw in Alpha Angler for American rods. Good luck with the rest.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:00 PM

Originally Ardent reels were touting that they were 100 per cent made in the USA. I don't know if they've been able to hang with that or not?
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:18 PM

Ranger is only Bass Boat listed. Surely there are more Bass Boats built in America or any type of boat. List appears to be incomplete.
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 03:58 PM

Power tackle?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 04:10 PM

I was actually looking forward to seeing this thread work but it went completely down hill. I will stick with falcon rods. Yes, they have a few overseas components but all but the hd series blanks are made here and I don't buy those for that reason. Why include bass boats, they all get slapped together in the US. There's lots of jigs and stuff made here. Santones, oldhams, all the custom stuff.
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 04:17 PM

I blame the unions.

My motormate is made in the USA.
My B&W receiver hitch is made in the USA.
My Anderson Bean cowboy boots are made in Texas. smile

Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 04:23 PM

Falcon rods, Bagley (I think), PH Custom lures ( I think), Ardent, Revenge baits (one of my personal favorites), Nichols lures (another personal favorite).
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 05:19 PM

No. I don't think any of their reels are made here anymore.
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 05:30 PM

Anything with a Fuji component isn't made in America...just sayin.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Chad Miller
Power tackle?

The only thing from power tackle thats American is the finger print from whoever is assembling it

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 06:04 PM

Power tackle?

The only thing from power tackle thats American is the finger print from whoever is assembling it

Sight says all products made in USA.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 06:27 PM

Power tackle?

Sight says all products made in USA.

Assembled and made two different things. I know for a fact blanks come from over seas. And I guess You’re going to try and say the Fugi FCS seat they use is American made?

They are assembled here, but 100% of the components are from Over seas
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 06:32 PM

Maybe you should just google it. Lots of sites already have that information listed and you won't have to get pissed off because someone posted a view on a public forum?

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Maybe you should just google it. Lots of sites already have that information listed and you won't have to get pissed off because someone posted a view on a public forum?

Good point Bobby. thumb
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: B. Dill
I blame the unions.

EXACTLY!! These were needed 35+ years ago but not today. They just drive cost up and productivity down.

For the OP:
Easy Steps by Easy Step System (Mount Pleasant, TX)
Gene Larew Baits (Tulsa, OK)
Motormate (Fort Wayne, IN)
Smashtech Swimbaits (Pittsburg, TX)

If I had more time, I know I can think of some more.

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/23/18 07:46 PM

Cast a Way rods, maybe all star at one time?
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/24/18 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
Originally Ardent reels were touting that they were 100 per cent made in the USA. I don't know if they've been able to hang with that or not?

No the are made overseas now people wouldn't buy them I still have some Ardent Edge reels made here. I don't know if All Pro rods are still made here but when the were the blanks were made in McMinnville Tenn.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/24/18 02:33 AM

We Americans are the reason nothing is made here anymore. We want things, but want them as cheap as possible. A 12 year old working 18 hours day in China is the only way we can get that

Bingo was waiting on someone to say it. Has nothing to do with unions as they are pretty much gone except for government unions. The fact is Americans are cheap that is why nothing is made here. I quit trying to buy Products made in USA because it’s like trying to find hens teeth.
J D

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/24/18 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: dflipper
Eagle Claw (Trokar)
Zoom

Skeeter may be owned by Yamaha but they are made right here in Texas by Americans. For all I know the Yamaha motors are built here in America. Having said that, as much as we want, try and aspire to buy American the truth is it's almost impossible because the things we buy almost certainly have some sort of import connection. Just the way American businesses work. We all want the best product for the best price and that's where the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.come in. They can make it cheaper than we can, just the way it is. Hard to find any of the everyday things we buy that do not have import connections.

You do know the Japanese got out of tv buisness seems they can’t compete with China

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/24/18 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: smileyman

AGREED !

Agree
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/26/18 08:19 PM

May not be completely fishing related, but the only thing I can think of off the top of my head at this house that is truly 100% American is my two Gibson guitars. And the boat.. And yes, all of our vehicles are US based (all GM.) But everytime I pop the hood on one you always see something made some where else.. FOr example, both my Duramax and 5.3 gasser have radiator hoses made in Brazil.. Also a few components made in Mexico

Finding really ANYTHING now that is truly 100% American is hard to come by if you ask me.....
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/26/18 08:46 PM

The boxes on my norman crankbaits say made in the USA...don't know if they still are, but I bought these a few months ago. Mostly DD-22s.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Buy American Made Thread - 02/26/18 08:50 PM

Well...The EPA put an end to most domestic manufacturing.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum