Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 04:31 AM

Have you used it?
What do you think about it?
Do you still use it?

Thanks
CB
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 04:53 AM

I bought a 660 yard spool of 20 lb based on reviews and a wouldn’t take another one for free.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 05:27 AM

I have settled in using it the last 2 years. It's almost all I use anymore. I love it. No issues at all. Easy to use, cast and holds up well. Love the price too.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 11:45 AM

Great for drop shot
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 12:31 PM

I bought some a couple of years ago because the guy at the tackle shop said he liked it better than Invizx and many other anglers seem to like it so I thought I would test it out and see what all the hype was about. It broke on me three times on the first day I fished with it so I respooled with Invizx and never bought any Sunline after that. I was using 15# test on a standard Tx. rig.

I have learned over the years of fishing that what works for some does not always work for others.
Posted By: 007.

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I have settled in using it the last 2 years. It's almost all I use anymore. I love it. No issues at all. Easy to use, cast and holds up well. Love the price too.

This has been my same experience. I had gotten away from fluorocarbon until I tried this line.
Posted By: 007.

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
I was using 15# test on a standard Tx. rig.

Are you sure it was the Super? It doesn't come in 15 lb., only 14 lb. and 16 lb. Nevertheless, as you said, one has to use what works good for them.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 03:11 PM

Used it with no issues. Use Sniper the most though.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 03:29 PM

I had an issue with a spool of 10lb. Would break just tying my knot. I switched to Sniper and have never had an issue. I think it was just a bad spool but that causes confidence loss.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 04:18 PM

I'll use it in a pinch, but I much prefer Sniper.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/21/18 06:02 PM

Good line for the price. With that said, I'd rather use Red Label Seaguar. I've been using some Sunline Assassin recently and I liked it so much, I bought 2 660 yard spools last month.
Posted By: Ranger205

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/22/18 05:36 AM

I bought some when academy was selling 600yd spools for $19 and was blown away. Its about all I use in flouro. Great stuff and price is great.
Posted By: James Roberts

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/22/18 05:48 AM

I got some and used it for moving baits and it was fine, then I used it as a leader connected to braid, and broke it several times so that was it for me.
JR
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/22/18 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 007.
Originally Posted By: ezbassin
I was using 15# test on a standard Tx. rig.

Are you sure it was the Super? It doesn't come in 15 lb., only 14 lb. and 16 lb. Nevertheless, as you said, one has to use what works good for them.

It was 14# test, not 15 as I previously stated but it broke on me three times that day so I went back to Invizx.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/22/18 11:17 PM

I just spooled some on so i don't know but i have used the assassin and like it .
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/23/18 10:21 PM

Its junk. I swear by sniper, but the super is the worst line I have ever used, and I used Vicious. Burn it.
Posted By: CB2011

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/24/18 12:36 AM

I switched from invisizx to the sniper and it was junk. They replaced it all and I sold it to a friend who swears by it and went back to invisix
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/24/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: CB2011
I switched from invisizx to the sniper and it was junk. They replaced it all and I sold it to a friend who swears by it and went back to invisix

You sold junk line to a friend? Some friend
Posted By: CB2011

Re: Sunline Super Flourocarbon? - 02/25/18 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
Originally Posted By: CB2011

You sold junk line to a friend? Some friend

Sunline replaced the line and I sold the new stuff. He loves it but thanks for your opinion
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum