Texas Fishing Forum

Gamma Flouro

Posted By: Shallow Waters

Gamma Flouro - 02/15/18 07:45 PM

Anyone every tried the Gamma Edge 100% Flouro? I am looking to try a new 20# line. I dont have any issues or complaints with my current line but Landbigfish doesnt have it in 20# right now and I am looking to buy some while they are having the presidents day sale. I looked on Tacklewarehouse for the reviews and I have never seen such glowing reviews of a fishing line before. I feel like this line is either a prank or made of Jesus's actual hair. I would like to know if anyone on here has ever had any experience with it, I cant remember ever seeing it mentioned anywhere.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/15/18 07:59 PM

It's a good.
Posted By: MV

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/15/18 08:03 PM

they been around for awhile. I think they started with tennis string.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/15/18 08:12 PM

It's the strongest line made, but also one of the most expensive
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/15/18 10:39 PM

Great line.
Between Invisx and Shooter in stiffness.

Larger diameter than above for same poundage. Edge 16# diameter almost same as 20# other lines.

Tacklewarehouse has this info.
Posted By: Big 10 Inch

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/15/18 10:55 PM

It is the best! I have been fishing with it for years! LOVE IT!
Posted By: James Niggemeyer

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/16/18 03:21 AM

There are some good lines on the market today, but I have the utmost confidence in Gamma Fluorocarbon. Regardless of the diameter Gamma has amazed me with abrasion & breaking points. The molecular alteration is a legitimate process that I believe is what takes it to the next level. The 7lb Gamma Touch fluoro is wonderful on a spinning reel and the 14 & 16lb Gamma Edge is bread and butter for me.
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/16/18 04:23 AM

Expensive but absolutely better than anything else hands down
Posted By: burner42

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/16/18 06:14 AM

I use the the 16lb and 20lb, my buddy I fish with used Pline and always broke off, he has converted to Gamma now too! It's the best! Spend the extra money, you will be glad you did!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/16/18 12:36 PM

I went to a seminar back in 2005 and listened to Scott Scuggs speak. He was praising this line back then. The only thing I can compare it to is Seagar Tahtsu, they are both very expensive.
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: Gamma Flouro - 02/16/18 03:17 PM

I agree with the others. It is the best. I change it maybe once a year. It last a long time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum