Texas Fishing Forum

Father and Son Teams.

Posted By: jbassman

Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 02:12 PM

Who is fishing with your Son or Father as a Tournament Partner? My son is 28 and we have been fishing tournament's together for the last 19 years.

Great times. fish
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 02:19 PM

The best partner ever #winning thumb thumb peep
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 02:43 PM

My son and I just started fishing tournaments together. He fishes the High School Circuit and we do some small local tournaments. Going to the Big Bass Splash in April on Rayburn. 8 hours on the boat with your son and no cell phone thumb thumb thumb Not worried about the stringer..the conversation and time on the water with him is worth any entry fee.. especially at this age.

Keep them in the woods and on the water.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 02:46 PM

Bubba Haralson has won a bunch of team tournaments with either one of his sons (Charlie and Tom) as a tournament partner. Dunno if Bubba's still fishing, but those Haralson's were the best father/son teams, ever! You guys are blessed to be able to share those times and experiences with your sons.
Posted By: BCS

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 02:47 PM

I fish with my son in tournaments and he is 26. He is a really good fisherman and would be better if he had more time to put in on the water. We have fun and have won some $ a few times. He loves to prepare and sends me stuff all the time to look at, either new techniques or lures to use. We get along great on the water. I even won a Wednesday night working man tournament with my daughter. She was pumped to split the money!
Posted By: riddick19

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 02:47 PM

My son is 13 and about to break him in on local T
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:12 PM

My son is 19 and had been fishing tournys with me since he was 12 or 13. Best partner I could ever have. When he finishes junior college this year, he is moving on to Tarelton. There he plans on fishing with them. Going to miss him as a partner. The grandbaby is 5, so I've got a few years of training with him before he is ready to go.
Posted By: C130

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:13 PM

My son is 16 and we always fish together. He does high school fishing also. Hope to do more non high school tournaments together this year. We
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:26 PM

My son is 15 and has been small bass club tournament since he was 7. He started fishing when he was 4.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:37 PM

This is our first year fishing club tournaments.

Disclaimer: The pretty Phoenix behind us is not ours, lest anyone be misled. smile
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:40 PM

I fish every weekend and tournament with my father. I couldn't ask for a better partner!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:41 PM

We are this year, since McKinney Bass Club went team format!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 03:42 PM

Not to mention a 3 rd place finish at Welsh!
Posted By: BaylorLipRipper

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 04:32 PM

My father took me pond fishing very frequently growing up.. still likes to tell the story of when I caught my first good sized bass on a jitterbug at age 5. Apparently I just turned and ran from the bank till it hit shore and then went and unhooked him like a champ. After a Guided fork trip with John Tanner when I was 12, my life has forever changed. He created a fishing freak of a son and I've been addicted ever since. We have fished together for 10 years now but I don't get out as much with a real world job! frown We are fishing team series currently, but he's lacking on putting the keepers in the boat!! Still the best partner I could ask for.
Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 04:52 PM

best experience fishing with dad. get to spend quality time together, joke with each other, learn new techniques off each other, easy to split the money with. love you dad (jbassman)
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 05:46 PM

We have several Father/Son teams that fish with us in RHBC. Always great to see families fishing together. Getting more husband and wife teams as well
Posted By: C.C. Near Nuthin

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 05:56 PM

Both of my boys fish tourney's with me. My oldest has been fishing nearly every tourney with me for the last several years. One is 19 the other is 21.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 11:05 PM

My 12 year old son and I fished champs last year. He is playing select basketball this year, with weekend travel tournaments. So fishing is on the back burner for a few more months.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/15/18 11:57 PM

My son is 22, will be 23 this year, we've been fishing tournaments together since he was 15, this will our 1st year not fishing together, we both work offshore on different rigs, and now we only have 1 day together at home per month! I already miss him in the boat with me!
Posted By: pkskeetersr

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/16/18 01:23 AM

I have fished with my son since he was12 he is 52 now and we still do good in some tournaments
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/16/18 01:38 AM

Yep, me and my father have been fishing tournaments on Fork for many years now. He's getting older but still puts a whooping on me...sometimes!
Posted By: EvanVidal

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/16/18 04:14 AM

For as long as I can remember my dad and I have been partners.

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/16/18 06:02 AM

Here's another one Evan.

Great memories!
Posted By: EvanVidal

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/16/18 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Here's a couple more Evan.

Great memories!

Thanks Tom!!
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/16/18 05:01 PM

I fish with my father in the Bass Club of Fort Worth. He usually puts it on me pretty bad! We always have a good time, nobody I'd rather fish with.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/17/18 02:46 AM

My dad is my tournament partner. Been fishing Bass Champs since 2014. Got lucky and won our 4th tournament that year. He’ll be 70 next month and is looking forward to this coming weekend!
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Father and Son Teams. - 02/17/18 04:28 AM

My son and I have fished 2 years of West Texas Team trail,2 years of Media and are on our 3rd year of Bass Champs.I love getting to spend the time with him and he brings that young energy to the team,I usually get to run the net,but the old man still knows how to catch them every now and then!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum