Texas Fishing Forum

St.Croix Legend X problems

Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction

St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/14/18 08:43 PM

So my order came in last night and the first thing I always do when purchasing a rod is look down the rod blank to make sure the guides and blank are straight. Well the first guide on one of the rods was offset to the right of the blank while the other guides were all straight. I pull out the second rod and the blank is crooked and the guide before the tip is not straight, I then notice that the first guide on one of the rods was assembled backwards. Not what I expect for a $400 rod!! I have other cheaper St.croix rods that are perfectly straight with no problems at all. These surprised me! Now I'm not sure if I want to exchange them to see if I can find a couple better ones or just get a different rod entirely. Also they're not as light as I thought they'd be.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/14/18 09:28 PM

Dang I haven't heard of anything like that before with them...

I'd make a call to them and give that serial number on the blank and that will let them know specifically "when and where" that happened and maybe they just had a bad batch or bad employee?

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/14/18 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy

I'd make a call to them and give that serial number on the blank and that will let them know specifically "when and where" that happened and maybe they just had a bad batch or bad employee?
I did call and all they told me was to send them back so they can take a look at it. I'm not going to do that though. Tackle Warehouse told me I can send them back to them and they'll replace them with better ones or something else.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 02:21 AM

Are they made in Mexico? I know the ones I used to use were. POS rods IMO
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Seriously? Pretty sure they make their rods in Park Falls, Wisconsin.
http://stcroixrods.com/resources/factory-tour-details
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction

I did call and all they told me was to send them back so they can take a look at it. I'm not going to do that though. Tackle Warehouse told me I can send them back to them and they'll replace them with better ones or something else.

I would send them back directly to St Croix. Let them determine what happened to the rods and when. They will take care of you. Unless you just don’t like the rods at all. Then send them back to TW for an exchange.

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Seriously? Pretty sure they make their rods in Park Falls, Wisconsin.
http://stcroixrods.com/resources/factory-tour-details

Pretty sure the Mojo, BassX, and Rage is Mexican made. Maybe more of them by now.

One of my roommates is pro staff for them, he uses the Mojo rods. Breaks one or two a week. Lol.

Trust me. I wanted to like them.....but they're garbage.

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 03:06 AM

....and yeh....pretty much EVERYTHING in a 3rd world country is "hand crafted". Don't believe the hype.

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 03:47 AM

They are made in the U.S. but this is the second time I've seen issues with their higher end rods. It's mind boggling cause they claim their rods are laser aligned. Looks like it's time to invest in new lasers.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
Originally Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction

I would send them back directly to St Croix. Let them determine what happened to the rods and when. They will take care of you. Unless you just don’t like the rods at all. Then send them back to TW for an exchange.

+1 Maybe they would be able to see who built it and who approved it. I love my St Croixs, Avid and Legend Tournaments.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 03:59 AM

St. Croix Legend X Casting Rods are made in the U.S.A.

https://www.fishusa.com/product/St.-Croi...BSABEgKEkvD_BwE
Posted By: Brad R

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 01:40 PM

Yes, some made in Mexico, others here in the USA.

Yours is made in Park Falls, not Mexico.

I really like St. Croix rods, own several of them.

But, I'd send these back to TW since that is where you bought them. TW will take care of you: replace them or exchange them for others, or I suppose give you your money back. You have less options if you send them to the manufacturer. All St. Croix will do is likely replace the rods.

If I were St. Croix, I'd certainly want this sort of feedback and I am certain returns by TW to them will sort of "get the message" to them.

If they let it go on, if it is more than a "one in 10,000" kind of thing, the market place will re-value their rods . . . in a way St. Croix will not like.

Hyperbole aside, is there something in St Croix's blanks, its SC series and ART, that supposedly makes them snap? This would be news to me. I haven't heard this applied to St. Croix rods before, never experienced it.

Brad
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 02:34 PM

I would probably get in contact with the manufacturer or retailer where yu purchased the rods.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/15/18 06:18 PM

I have 3 of Waterloo scrape rods made on SC blanks in Victoria,Texas that are 15 years old and love them. fish
Posted By: James Niggemeyer

Re: St.Croix Legend X problems - 02/16/18 03:41 AM

I agree with the other guys about sending them direct to St. Croix. I believe wholeheartedly that they will make it right. Definitely have never seen anything like that before regardless of whether they are built in Park Falls or the Fresnillo plant. First class people, company producing first class product.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum