Texas Fishing Forum

Best Cull Tags out right now

Posted By: OzzieFish

Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 09:23 PM

Hey I hear there's has been some improvements in Cull Tags that will not put a hole in the fish. Whats are the brands being used with the best results. In the past they never really held a fish very well always found them floating in live well...
Posted By: Walls

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 09:34 PM

https://calcoastfishing.com/product/clip-n-cull-2-0/

I just ordered these. Can't attest to how well they work as they aren't being released until 2/27. Expensive, so I hope they work well.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 09:37 PM

I have the first version of the Cal Coast clips above for nearly a year now and no issues at all. They had terrible reviews even when I bought them but they have worked flawlessly. You just have to insure you are closing them fully but that is not hard to see or feel.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 11:07 PM

The reviews on Cal Coast scared me away. I went with a set from Qwik 8. When I called, the gentleman told me he was about 3 weeks behind. I told him I needed 'em for a tourney the following weekend and he came through. I've only put 'em through three tourneys so far, but they haven't given me any trouble. They can customize them into various colors, too, if you're into to that sort of thing.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 11:44 PM

https://thmarinesupplies.com/collections...ion-cull-system

These work really well
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish
Hey I hear there's has been some improvements in Cull Tags that will not put a hole in the fish. Whats are the brands being used with the best results. In the past they never really held a fish very well always found them floating in live well...

I'm stuck in the past with my modified "X" tools.... thumb hook puts'a hole in there anyways, what's a hole here or there... nuts
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/12/18 11:54 PM

i have the Clip N Cull's. They work good, but you have to apply the clamp good n tight.
Posted By: Texjef84

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 12:02 AM

T-H Marine G-Force cull system would be on my list to check out
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 12:16 AM

Cull tag? Hope to need one of those some day.
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 03:47 AM

We’ve used G Force from TH for the last year. They’re a little hard to hook at first but once you figure them out, very easy to use and stay on lips very well. Plus TH is a great company with which to work.
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 12:22 PM

my costumers love these have had no complaints and built very well
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 02:01 PM

I have the clip n cull and I wasn't impressed with them. Bigger fish have shaken out of them in my livewell. I lock them down as tight as I can and they have come off the fish. I went back to a traditional cull clip. Puts a small hole but they won't shake it off.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 02:06 PM

Hey Oz
I have been using the Clip n Cull for a couple of years now and have not had any issues with them and would buy them again if need be. thumb
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 02:11 PM

I've used the accu cull econ tags the last two years. They worked well for the most part, but several of the plastic clips have broken over time. Wish I could just buy a pack of replacement clips.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 02:34 PM

Every single product TH Marine produces seems to be excellent!
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1

Hey Oz
I have been using the Clip n Cull for a couple of years now and have not had any issues with them and would buy them again if need be. thumb

Thanks!
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 02/13/18 03:54 PM

Custom cull tags with barbed wire and a mini bear trap on the end, also an electric wire that goes across the top of the livewell.

There is no escape.
Posted By: tinmar

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 03/27/18 10:44 PM

Anyone know what happened to Procull...I left mine in my boat when I sold it, sure would like another set...hands down the best culling bouys I've ever had
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Best Cull Tags out right now - 03/27/18 11:33 PM

I have a set of the T H Marine tags and they are difficult to manipulate with a thrashing fish and have pulled off of the fish several times. I told the Rep when I met him at the Fun N Sun tackle show and told him about the issues. He told me that they had a second version out and he would send me a replacement set but even after several reminders via txt, I have yet to see the Gen 2 version.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum