Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter Pricing

Posted By: B-Deuces

Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 06:45 PM

When buying a new skeeter, is the price set in stone or is there room to negotiate like most cars?
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 06:47 PM

I think they will negotiate but Ive never bought a new boat.
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 06:48 PM

Always room to negotiate. And always ask for freebies. Check what kind/type of batteries they put in the boat too. Make sure they put in a deep cycle starting battery, not just a starting battery.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 07:18 PM

Not much different than buying new car.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 07:19 PM

Yes their is room to haggle. Larger inventory dealers have more room to dicker because they pay less for the boats vs. a dealer who only stocks 3 or 4.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 07:45 PM

Maybe for last year's model as Skeeter has a national pricing policy. So they say. Don't expect 5-10% like for vehicles. I can say the dealer near me sticks to the MSRP as they move too many boats at full price.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 07:48 PM

Don't buy until there's a Yamaha and/or Skeeter Rebate going on.

Or get you a 6 month old one with full warranty from one of the Skeeter guys who takes great care of his boat. If you're interested in an '18 ZX250 loaded out, I know of one for sale in a few months. I fished it the other day, the Ultrex is something else, the new locker layout is nice, but the new trailer? It is the real deal, everything about that trailer looks right. What an ingenious idea to put weep holes in the bends of the cross members! grin
Posted By: markson

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 09:11 PM

I had my local Skeeter dealer tell me that he could not budge on the price because Skeeter would yank his dealership, which is a complete lie. As well as illegal (collusion), all confirmed by the Skeeter factory rep. He also tried to add the price of the trailer on top of the MSRP when Skeeter includes the cost of the trailer. Also told me that I would not get good service if I did not buy from him and came in later for repairs. If you want to price shop just drive to Houston and get the lowest price in the country (so they say), but then if you do not live nearby be sure you can get good service close to home (more important for the Yamaha than the Skeeter). I have to drive an hour to a Dealer for repairs and maintenance because the two closest to me both suck at service. Also go over the entire boat to make sure there are no issues, the first one I bought had battery tray screws coming out thru the hull (to Skeeter's credit they did replace it with a discounted larger boat, free cover and free Yamaha extended warranty).

And whatever you do, GET THE ULTREX, 100% game changer for your fishing.
Posted By: reinke

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 10:55 PM

I have never been able to get a boat dealership to budge from their sticker price. Had $30,000 down and a pre approved loan. Could have spent up to $80,000 on the boat. And they would let me walk out the door before they would add extra warranty or throw in a cover or upgrade batteries or add second console. Price was in stone they would say, my hands are tied, nothing I can do, if you want those items added you have to pay. I was not asking them to give me the boat just work with me on something before I hand over $70,000. Act like I just slapped his wife. Brand new boats from 2 years back still sitting on show room floor asking full price. I did get my new boat (FX20) and hope its the last new boat I need to purchase.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 11:42 PM

of course there's wiggle room, just depends on how much the dealer wants to sell a boat.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/12/18 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: young gun 12
When buying a new skeeter, is the price set in stone or is there room to negotiate like most cars?

Sent ya a PM.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 12:00 AM

There's negotiation in everything.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 12:29 AM

Go see Monte at Fun n Sun. Right now they have a 1500$ rebate and extra 2 years of warranty on the motor

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 01:21 AM

Folk's, I sold Bass Boats for a living,( 9 years)recently retired. The average mark up is 10%-18% based on dealer purchasing power. Suggest you purchase from a well stocked/high volume dealer in the off season (Nov. thru Jan.) as they pay less based on purchasing volume.

I would negotiate to get the boat at 5% to 7% above dealer cost. Ask to see dealer purchase invoice. If there not comfortable with that, offer them a figure based upon the "mark up" percentages above.

You can thank me later and send small gratuity via Pay-Pal. PM me for Pay Pal info. thumb
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:01 AM

Well that oughta keep em in business
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Folk's, I sold Bass Boats for a living,( 9 years)recently retired. The average mark up is 10%-18% based on dealer purchasing power. Suggest you purchase from a well stocked/high volume dealer in the off season (Nov. thru Jan.) as they pay less based on purchasing volume.

I would negotiate to get the boat at 5% to 7% above dealer cost. Ask to see dealer purchase invoice. If there not comfortable with that, offer them a figure based upon the "mark up" percentages above.

You can thank me later and send small gratuity via Pay-Pal. PM me for Pay Pal info. thumb

There can be $11,700 mark up on $65,000 boat???
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:35 AM

If the sell a hundred boats a year how much the dealer be allowed to make? Don’t forget to employ enough good people to run a business that will have a good reputation and also make the headache of ownership worth it.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:41 AM

Buy used - much more negotiable and much more value.
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 03:41 AM

Monte OR Fain at Fun N Sun. Just bought a ZX250 from Fain. Didn’t have to negotiate much. He treated me great. Got a great deal. Rebate, discount, installation of upgrades, hats, shirts, you name it. Super folks. Be sure to meet Barbara in finance. Just sayin’!!

I wouldn’t send anyone to any other dealer!! Great deal, super people!!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:28 PM

The guys at Skeeter play games all the way through the year with pricing.

Clown show in my opinion.

Program boats - make sure you know what you are getting...or you will fight for six months to get things right.

I am not one to talk smack about something....my experience was ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: patriot07

This - used from an individual I might add....the dealer just added 10 grand to what they gave the guy on a trade.
Posted By: DuctsZX250

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: BWBForney
Monte OR Fain at Fun N Sun. Just bought a ZX250 from Fain. Didn’t have to negotiate much. He treated me great. Got a great deal. Rebate, discount, installation of upgrades, hats, shirts, you name it. Super folks. Be sure to meet Barbara in finance. Just sayin’!!

I wouldn’t send anyone to any other dealer!! Great deal, super people!!

Also purchased my ZX250 from Fain a year ago. Great experience and good folks to deal with.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07

The most accurate statement in this thread......

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp
Originally Posted By: T Bird

There can be $11,700 mark up on $65,000 boat???

Easily!
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 05:15 PM

For those who know, does Skeeter as well as other boat manufacturers give the dealers a residual at the end of year. In the truck business, dealers would receive another percentage sometimes up to 5%
thx
Posted By: Jim Gilbert

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 06:02 PM

Good timing for me reading this post since I'm looking to buy but a bit confusing as well. I'm sure buying used is the best way to go but would like to get into a new boat too. Bought many new vehicles but never a new boat. Many nice comments about Fun&Sun here. I made a swim thru there a few months ago but left there thinking they weren't all that motivated in getting me into a boat. Spoke with Brian and Monty and I know Monty will most likely see this too. I'm looking at Phoenix and Skeeter and like everyone else want the best deal. CONFUSED!
Posted By: Tidwell77

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/13/18 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Gilbert
Good timing for me reading this post since I'm looking to buy but a bit confusing as well. I'm sure buying used is the best way to go but would like to get into a new boat too. Bought many new vehicles but never a new boat. Many nice comments about Fun&Sun here. I made a swim thru there a few months ago but left there thinking they weren't all that motivated in getting me into a boat. Spoke with Brian and Monty and I know Monty will most likely see this too. I'm looking at Phoenix and Skeeter and like everyone else want the best deal. CONFUSED!

Im sure with your last name that Jeff would love to get you in a Funnsun boat!

Seriously though, Funnsun is a bunch of class act people that has always steered me in the right direction and took care of me even after the purchase and during routine maintenance.
Posted By: 10lberfork

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 12:48 AM

in the same boat trying to decide I dont like the cheap graphs they have in them i can get the phoenix any color i want plus all the different graph styles i want for 60k birds dual solix 12 and 360 or 61k and get dual carbon 12 and 3d structure scan...
so is zx 250 or phoenix pro 721 i will have to wait for 8 weeks to build Man the decision of buying a new boat

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: 10lberfork
in the same boat trying to decide I dont like the cheap graphs they have in them i can get the phoenix any color i want plus all the different graph styles i want for 60k birds dual solix 12 and 360 or 61k and get dual carbon 12 and 3d structure scan...
so is zx 250 or phoenix pro 721 i will have to wait for 8 weeks to build Man the decision of buying a new boat

From a guy who just bought a new zx250. If you can’t afford a Phoenix 920 or 921, go with the Skeeter. The 721 isn’t even close to a Zx250 fishing performance wise
Posted By: 10lberfork

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

From a guy who just bought a new zx250. If you can’t afford a Phoenix 920 or 921, go with the Skeeter. The 721 isn’t even close to a Zx250 fishing performance wise
clark did you get the cheap graphs and fortrex on your zx 250
Posted By: TX Rigged Senko

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 01:09 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more. Dealers have a lot of overhead and the manufacturer understands this. Gross margin is probably much more than $12k

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 01:28 AM

clark did you get the cheap graphs and fortrex on your zx 250

I got the Ultrex, and the graphs aren’t cheap the elite ti with structure scan is 1800$ by itself at Cabela’s the 9 on the front is 900$, but I’m not a big fan of lowrance I like my Mega 12’s I had On my old boat. I didn’t buy the boat for the graphs on it.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 02:22 AM

ZX250 over the 721 for sure, easy choice
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 04:36 AM

Tell Fain that Blake sent you. He will do everything he can to get you in the boat you want. Super guy. Knows boats excellent fisherman and will give you a great deal.
Posted By: Jim Gilbert

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 06:50 AM

Ha ha, funny you say that. Jeff always calls me cousin when I see him. Of course no relation that we know of. My name is on their wall too for the first top 6 tournament. Should be a selling point right? I may have to swing by again. I'm truly lost on what boat and where to get.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/14/18 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BWBForney
Tell Fain that Blake sent you. He will do everything he can to get you in the boat you want. Super guy. Knows boats excellent fisherman and will give you a great deal.

For sure! I drive over 2 hours for service and I wouldn't buy anywhere else. Fain is a good one.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/15/18 01:00 AM

I’m confused about the graphs? Can’t u get any graph u want mounted on a brand new boat? Also does anyone else think Phenoix boats have the ugliest dash of any new boat, all plastic.

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/15/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
I’m confused about the graphs? Can’t u get any graph u want mounted on a brand new boat? Also does anyone else think Phenoix boats have the ugliest dash of any new boat, all plastic.

Skeeters come from the factory with Lowrance, so if it’s already sitting on a showroom they don’t give the dealer a credit to swap them out so you can put what ever graphs you want but you’re going to pay for them somewhere. Better off doing what Im doing and pull the lowrance off and sell them
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/15/18 01:51 AM

Haha....well, since you asked. I personally think that the cheesy plastic dash is reminiscent of a new Nitro and NOT what I'd want in a boat that costs that much. Haha. But, ugly award goes to BassCat. I just can't wrap my head around em.

Before I get roasted by all the Nitro and BassCat owners.....I realize Nitro is a value boat and BassCats are "fast". I have a Skeeter, some think it's ugly too (my wife), but I like it......and her too.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Skeeter Pricing - 02/15/18 04:03 AM

Skeeters come from the factory with Lowrance, so if it’s already sitting on a showroom they don’t give the dealer a credit to swap them out so you can put what ever graphs you want but you’re going to pay for them somewhere. Better off doing what Im doing and pull the lowrance off and sell them

Ok that makes sense!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum