Texas Fishing Forum

Good Fishing Lake

Posted By: newbiefisher

Good Fishing Lake - 02/12/18 05:17 PM

What's a lake thats fishing well right now? I want to take my son on a trip for the 3 day weekend next weekend. Size would be nice but with a 12 yr old I prefer the constant action of catching numbers.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/12/18 05:51 PM

i would suggest a Hot Water lake: Welsh, Martin Creek, Squaw Creek, etc..

Those lakes have been producing #'s lately.

JD
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/12/18 05:52 PM

Right now it's more about weather. A big cold front can kill the bite it a few warm days can get the bucks up and eating just about anything you throw up there.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/12/18 06:16 PM

Not sure what part of the state you live in but I totally agree with 2 previous posts...I'd take him to a hot water lake like Welsh or some of the others that are still on line. The other post I agree with is on the weather. The last thing a 12 year kid wants to do is to sit in cold rain while trying to fish and I know for most of North Texas that is the forecast for this weekend. Of course it's 5 days away, so that forecast can change a lot.

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/12/18 07:00 PM

I am in San Antonio by the way. Don't mind driving a few hrs if the fishing is worth it.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/12/18 07:01 PM

Falcon.

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/13/18 06:45 PM

Falcon is 3.5 hrs away. Not bad for a weekend trip but fishing reports don't seem good.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/13/18 06:49 PM

Definitely go to Falcon. Numbers are crazy right now on the North end of the lake. Bigger fish are kind of hard to come by but they're still being caught. I'd pick Falcon over any lake in Texas right now.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/13/18 07:14 PM

Fayette. Big numbers lake.

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/13/18 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
Definitely go to Falcon. Numbers are crazy right now on the North end of the lake. Bigger fish are kind of hard to come by but they're still being caught. I'd pick Falcon over any lake in Texas right now.

Even though it's a week after the Bass Champs tourny?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/13/18 08:27 PM

Go to Fayette!! That's not too far from you and that lake always produces.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Good Fishing Lake - 02/13/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: newbiefisher
Originally Posted By: bigbass94

Even though it's a week after the Bass Champs tourny?

Lol, those fish down there don't care. They just wanna eat. Mean SOB's.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum