Texas Fishing Forum

Bassing & Camping this Weekend!

Posted By: AJTX

Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 05:11 PM

Hey guys , just putting this out there lookin for some tips or any sort of help. Me and a bud of mine are going camping this weekend with the kayaks looking for some pre spawn/ spawning bass. Located in San Antonio, it is very rough to find good spots other than Calaveras or Braunig . We are kind of between going to either Amistad or Canyon but not really sure. Would love to hear some other suggestions on locations and maybe some good spots as well! We are open to any suggestions from you guys and would love to see what y’all have to say. Thanks!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 05:23 PM

PM sent
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 05:34 PM

...fayette.... thank me later
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 05:50 PM

choke?

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 07:05 PM

Have heard of some good bass coming out of there , may have to go out and give it a shot ! Do you know if camping is allowed and any key points out there ?

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
choke?

Choke isn't worth the trip right now. Neither is Amistad.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega
Have heard of some good bass coming out of there , may have to go out and give it a shot ! Do you know if camping is allowed and any key points out there ?

At choke? Or at fayette? Pretty sure both have camping... choke is a tough lake

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 08:58 PM

My bud & I came to the decision that we’re going to go to Canyon. Should catch a few good ones here and there. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone ! Open to any tips or tricks as well. Main concern is going to be finding the right water temp as always in this time of year .

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/08/18 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: catslayer

At choke? Or at fayette? Pretty sure both have camping... choke is a tough lake

I know for a fact Choke has camping. Don't know about Fayette.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/09/18 01:19 AM

My bud & I came to the decision that we’re going to go to Canyon. Should catch a few good ones here and there. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone ! Open to any tips or tricks as well. Main concern is going to be finding the right water temp as always in this time of year .
cold clear water, throw a jerk bait and an Alabama rig till your whipped, then throw a drop shot, plum colored chompers finese worm.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/09/18 01:28 AM

It’s not called “bassing” by the way. Your going fishing is what you say, then let someone say “for what?” And you say “Bass, duh!”
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Bassing & Camping this Weekend! - 02/09/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
It’s not called “bassing” by the way. Your going fishing is what you say, then let someone say “for what?” And you say “Bass, duh!”

Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum