Texas Fishing Forum

Impulse Rods

Posted By: Insurance man

Impulse Rods - 02/08/18 04:08 PM

I am considering them but wanted some feedback from someone who actually has used them..thanks
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/08/18 05:32 PM

Hello Insurance,

I recently started using Lance and Brion's rods and so far I really like them. Both of them are very helpful so if you are looking for specific applications/rods then reach out to them, they would be more than happy to help.

The rods have a great look to them, they are light, and I really like the guide size they use.. I believe a size 6 for the first guide and then a size 5 all the way to the tip.

So far I really like the Zell Rowland spinner bait rod, and the 7'3" Heavy fast tip (dubbed the Frog rod).

Give them a try, I'm confident you will like.

PM me if you would like any more info from me.
Posted By: basspro99

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/08/18 05:51 PM

I have been using their rods since they first started making them about 4 years ago. Lance and Brion have been great to deal with. All their rods are high quality and are backed by the best customer service out there. You cannot go wrong with either the Impluse series or the Energy series rods. Let me know if you have any more questions or just give them a call at 281-259-4437
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/08/18 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man
I am considering them but wanted some feedback from someone who actually has used them..thanks

I've been using them for almost a year, I appreciate the customer service and knowing these guys care about their product. I have a mix of both the Impulse and Energy rods. The 7'2 Energy Multi-Technique is sweet. Someone else mentioned the 7'3 HXF Frog Rod, I have three of them and love them for flipping and dragging a jig around. I like all of mine!
Posted By: agdave112

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/09/18 12:45 AM

Awesome rods. By far my favorite rods I’ve ever used. Like the others say lightweight and sensitive. 7’3 frog rod may be my favorite rod I’ve ever used period. Great guys and great customer service on helping you figure out what you are looking for.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/09/18 01:06 AM

I’ve played with some. They are nice rods.
Posted By: David Gillham

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/09/18 01:16 PM

They are great sticks.
Posted By: mpdchief

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/09/18 04:06 PM

Great rods and great people to deal with! You will not be disappointed.
Posted By: NRHmike

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/10/18 05:01 AM

I have about 15 of them...regular series and Energy. I know Lance and Brion very well. They are stand up guys with a stand up company. The rods are excellent, the service is great. You'd be hard pressed to find a better rod for the value of their product. They back their product with great customer service.
Posted By: TeamSkeeter20i

Re: Impulse Rods - 02/11/18 12:27 AM

I have been using the rods since they started making them. They are by far my favorite rods I have ever used and the customer
service is top notch. Both Lance and Brion are very helpful when it comes to rod selection. Give them a try and you wont regret it.

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/05/18 08:38 PM

Update on Impulse. I contacted Lance and Brion at Impulse rods after lots of positive feedback on my first post so I made the trip to Magnolia to get a chance to see how the rods are made and how they felt and looked. I was so impressed with the little differences they do to make their rods stand out from the other brands. Great quality build with a proven blank! As far the owners you CAN'T find nicer and more knowledgeable guys to deal with. They are actually in the shop every day building the rods themselves and I believe that is what makes the difference in quality. I fished with just about every model so far and must say even more impressive! I would highly recommend if you are in the market for a new rod brand that you give them a look because they have a full line of models to choose from and are made in USA. You are welcome to PM me with any questions about rods or rod models.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/05/18 08:41 PM

How do they compare to Loomis rods???

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/05/18 10:19 PM

I have only used a couple of models of Loomis in the past and they seemed very well made but they do not offer the full line of models that Impulse Rods do while using the same feeling blank. Loomis models seemed to be a much different feel and weight while Impulse feels the same in your hand but with different action. I do feel the Impulse rods quality control is awesome with the owners actually building the rods themselves compared to how Loomis is made in large quantity. Impulse uses Fugi reel seat that they trim shorter so that you can palm the reel and still touch the blank with your fingers. Also they use the best eyes you can buy and the bottom 2 eyes are double foot and the rest of the micros have a long foot so they can get a lot of wrap on them to keep them stable and from popping off like other brands have a problem with. I can say this if you put one in your hand you will be able to feel the quality right away. Also the Impulse rods are about half the retail price of Loomis rods.
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/05/18 11:31 PM

Happy to hear you picked some up. Lance and Brion have treated me so well and I fish exclusively Impulse now. i've let guys fishing rods that cost more use them and they love them. You can't beat those rods.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/06/18 01:57 PM

What blanks do they use to build on?

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/06/18 05:04 PM

They have their own blank that they have used for the last 5 years made to their specs.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/06/18 05:18 PM

I have only used a couple of models of Loomis in the past and they seemed very well made but they do not offer the full line of models that Impulse Rods do while using the same feeling blank. Loomis models seemed to be a much different feel and weight while Impulse feels the same in your hand but with different action. I do feel the Impulse rods quality control is awesome with the owners actually building the rods themselves compared to how Loomis is made in large quantity. Impulse uses Fugi reel seat that they trim shorter so that you can palm the reel and still touch the blank with your fingers. Also they use the best eyes you can buy and the bottom 2 eyes are double foot and the rest of the micros have a long foot so they can get a lot of wrap on them to keep them stable and from popping off like other brands have a problem with. I can say this if you put one in your hand you will be able to feel the quality right away. Also the Impulse rods are about half the retail price of Loomis rods.

Thanks for the reply, I may have to try one of their rods. Will they custom build a rod or do they just sell production rods??
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/06/18 05:57 PM

They have their own blank that they have used for the last 5 years made to their specs.

Yes but who makes the blank?

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/06/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Yes but who makes the blank?
They use Torray materials
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/06/18 06:59 PM

when did they start using Toray?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 11:41 AM

a pro staffer dogging G' Loomis?... you sound like one of the Hendrix pro staffers. talking down the best manufacturer in the world will get you nowhere esp with false statements.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 11:48 AM

There's a reason G Loomis Rods have been around since 1980. Simply put, it is the brand that others strive to become. Most fall short of ever reaching that pinnacle. While Impulse Rods may be great, they will never be better than G Loomis. That's just fact, not opinion.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 11:56 AM

they should have researched St. Croix for a better business model.

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S

a pro staffer dogging G' Loomis?... you sound like one of the Hendrix pro staffers. talking down the best manufacturer in the world will get you nowhere esp with false statements.
Dude you dont know me and I certainly did not dogg Loomis so if you dont have something positive to say or contribute to the post then stay off it.
Posted By: ImpulseRods

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 06:04 PM

Hey guys, this is Lance Stringer. My business partner Brion Hastings and I are the owners of Impulse... I am not here to try to make a sell, just want to clarify a couple of things for Y'all regarding this thread.

We are just starting our 5th year with IMPULSE... We use Proprietary blanks and handles for all of our rods. The Original series blanks are made with Toray material, which we have been using since day one... We assemble these rods in-house using Fuji components.

Our Energy series are imported, completely built to our specs using Kigan guides and Fuji reel seats...

We do offer customs, but they are limited to our stock blanks and components which means you can only change the handle length, color, and overall ( limited ) length. We are not custom builders, so we do not stock guides and components like custom builders do.

We take a lot of pride in what we do, and we are very proud of our rods and their overall performance. We do not compare our rods to other companies. We are working really hard at keeping a clean name in this industry and we do not want to give any misinterpretation that we are bashing anyone... With that being said, if anyone has any questions, feel free to call our office or visit our website at www.impulserods.com

THANK YOU to all that have posted, we really appreciate the kind words about us and our products.

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 06:12 PM

St. Croix does have a business model worthy of being copied, we have a lot of respect for what they have accomplished...

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 06:15 PM

SkeeterRonnie, I agree, G Loomis will always be number 1, they will be very hard to knock off of that pedestal... No reason for us to give up though smile

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 06:30 PM

David Short, I re-read the post insurance Man made and I do not see where he was bashing G Loomis at all... Someone above that asked how they compared and he gave his opinion... He even said they were very well made...

I am really not sure how you think you know what our business model is, but my cell phone is 409-738-5320 if you want to call so we can discuss it...

Lance
Posted By: Clay Shipe

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 07:24 PM

^^^ This is why I love these guys. Like Ive said many times before, best damn rods on the planet.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/07/18 09:45 PM

Makes me want to try one with that level of customer service!!
Posted By: agdave112

Re: Impulse Rods - 03/08/18 12:10 PM

Lance and Brion are awesome guys and run a great business. Great rods!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum