Texas Fishing Forum

Best Trailer Tires

Posted By: Bucketmouth69

Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 03:31 AM

Which trailer tires seem to be the best for your Big Rigs?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 03:33 AM

I do not have a "big rig" I have 15" tires on my boat trailer

I have some Carlisles right now that have been decent tires
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 12:38 PM

Goodyear Endurance, just google them and read up on them. Goodyear introduced it last year. Made in the USA, and its heavy duty, stand it up next to any other tire and look at the thickness difference, this is a heavy duty tire. I don't know of any other trailer tire rated for 80 mph.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher
Goodyear Endurance, just google them and read up on them. Goodyear introduced it last year. Made in the USA, and its heavy duty, stand it up next to any other tire and look at the thickness difference, this is a heavy duty tire. I don't know of any other trailer tire rated for 80 mph.
New Endurance would be one of my two top choices. The other would be the Maxxis M8008. Both of these tires have higher speed ratings than all the other ST tires.....way higher. While not stocked Discount Tires can get you either, usually within a couple days. My #1 trailer tire choice: http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-122-st-radial-m8008
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 02:10 PM

^These. Just installed a set last week.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 02:11 PM

No doubt my next set will be GY Endurance....

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ClarkBird
[quote=David Welcher]Goodyear Endurance

How much if you don't mind me asking.....
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 02:14 PM

I don't like anything Goodyear. That's just my two cents. Carilse or however you spell it are junk.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 02:27 PM

Maxxis
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
[quote=David Welcher]Goodyear Endurance

How much if you don't mind me asking.....

at Discount Tire - $541 out the door set of 4. w/ $50 rebate from DT and GY
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
I don't like anything Goodyear. That's just my two cents. Carilse or however you spell it are junk.

Goodyear had a great tire years ago with the Marathon. Then they started outsourcing the tire overseas and their quality went to [censored]. Goodyear started listening to the market and has responded. The horse and cattle folks haul a lot more weight than a bass boat and they are raving about this tire. Just go get your hands on one and set it next to what ever you want. You will see the difference.

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 04:14 PM

Thank you, ClarkBird....
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/08/18 06:54 PM

I have had really good luck with Maxxis 8008 tires. Take a look a the Simple Tires website. I just ordered 2 sets of tires from them. Great prices, free shipping, delivered to my door in 4 days.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 12:57 AM

There is no "best" anything.
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 01:38 AM

Me too. I had 2 Maxxis separate on me in the last year. Ran them for years, but tore 2 fenders totally up in the last 12 months with less than 1 yr old Maxxis. We shall see about the GY Endurance.
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 01:53 AM

Dang, I hate to hear that! I hate trailer tires! They don’t hardly ever just wear out, they always blow out and ruin fenders. I try to remember to replace mine when they are no more than 4 years old by manufacture date stamped on the tire.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
it when it comes to trailer tires. For sure!
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 02:35 AM

They are all good if you take care of them and keep the air pressure all the way to max psi or maybe even a few pounds over max. Alot of failures are due to people not taking time to check the pressure regularly and be sure it's where it needs to be.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 07:48 PM

I just bought a set of Goodyear Endurance. Will let ya know how they work out.
Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 08:48 PM

Maybe the new goodyears r good but the marathons were garbage
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/09/18 09:22 PM

My last boat had 20" wheels and radials on there. They were the same price as trailer tires. I ran that set of tires for 5 years without a single blow out or flat. My buddies bay boat has 18" wheels and radials and he pulls it to the coast every other weekend and has been for the last 4 years without an issue. My current boat had Carlisle on it. One popped one year in, so I replaced them all with Goodyear Marathons and one popped a year later. They are junk. I'm going with a bigger wheel and radials
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I hate these "best" conversations. It can be really good for you but not best for everyone. There is no best rod, reel, boat, net, fishing line, truck, Mexican food, donut, fishing shoes, garden hose, web browser, GPS, etc., etc. There is only what is best for you.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 01:24 AM

I swore I would never own Goodyear’s again after Marathons but broke down today and bought the 8 ply Endurance.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 01:27 AM

Well I have two new Goodyear endurance on one side and two one year old Carlisle on the other side. Lets see which ones last the longest.

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 01:32 AM

I hate these "best" conversations. It can be really good for you but not best for everyone. There is no best rod, reel, boat, net, fishing line, truck, Mexican food, donut, fishing shoes, garden hose, web browser, GPS, etc., etc. There is only what is best for you.

There IS a best Mexican food.....and I'm sitting here listening to tejano music waiting on mine as I type this.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 02:17 AM

There IS a best Mexican food.....and I'm sitting here listening to tejano music waiting on mine as I type this.

Pancho's ?

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 02:21 AM

Raise the flag is NOT below my standards! Trust me.

I can eat about 40 sour cream enchiladas and at least a dozen fluatas.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 02:31 AM

Raise the flag is NOT below my standards! Trust me.

I can eat about 40 sour cream enchiladas and at least a dozen fluatas.

When my brother comes down from Atlanta Pancho's is the first place he wants to go. Not real Meskin food but some of it is real tasty. The sopapilla's are very good as is the green chili stew.
Posted By: Charlesg35

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 02:33 PM

I'm on the second set of Marathons since 2009, never had one fail. Tried other brands on previous trailers, had no luck with any others.
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Best Trailer Tires - 02/10/18 05:31 PM

I got the Endurance tires early last year. After thousands of miles, they are working out great. I found a good price online, showed the link to Discount Tire, and they matched it..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum