Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek Saturday

Posted By: Ripinlip

Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 06:04 PM

First thing is I know how to turn my lights off when backing down the ramp and then float it and bum a ride!! clap

I have a club tournament there this weekend and I have never been to Squaw Creek before but from what I hear it gets really crowded out there. What time would y’all recommend getting there to get in line at the gate?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 06:05 PM

Mid night if you want to be one of the first ones on the water
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 06:55 PM

Night before , hide out in the woods till early am
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 07:13 PM

I'd go now
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 08:27 PM

4:30am
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 08:30 PM

I got there at 4:30 am two weeks ago and I was 20th inline..
Posted By: racinrebel38

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 08:41 PM

Got there last Saturday at 530 and was 5th in line... Just depends on how many tournaments there that day
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 09:05 PM

Sleep in the cab of your vehicle.... that way you can enjoy the fog delay...
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/07/18 09:27 PM

I'm pretty sure someone posts this same topic every week! Just show up late and leave early and you will be ok.
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/08/18 04:59 AM

3-4 weeks before. Might be halfway back to highway lol
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/08/18 11:44 AM

Depends on what boat you have and if you have a self deployable trolling motor. If you have that they let you go first...
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/08/18 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Ripinlip
First thing is I know how to turn my lights off when backing down the ramp and then float it and bum a ride!! clap

I have a club tournament there this weekend and I have never been to Squaw Creek before but from what I hear it gets really crowded out there. What time would y’all recommend getting there to get in line at the gate?

The ramps are many and easy to use.

Issue is since this is a private lake. They control when you can launch your boat, and they also will not let you go past the ramp area buoys if there is fog after they allow you to launch.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/08/18 09:01 PM

scared
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Squaw Creek Saturday - 02/08/18 09:25 PM

Get there around 5 or wait til 730ish, maybe the line will be gone. If you choose the later of the 2 you can look out at all the others that will be waiting on the fog delay. Actually, the fog may come in after they release everyone because the cold front will be coming in later, temps will be dropping and humidity will be on the rise.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum