Texas Fishing Forum

Tournament fishing

Posted By: Luke Scribner

Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 05:40 PM

I fish a local club out of Farmersville. This past weekend I fished a tournament on Martin Creek lake that had about 100 boats on it. When you fish a lake that is really pressured like that, what do you do? Most of my spots that I have found on the map had about 5 boats on it, When that happens I feel a little lost on the game plan. I guess I'm asking how to adapt and get a new game plan?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 05:43 PM

Usually I go find spots that I feel are less pressured. Think outside of the box a little bit.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 06:08 PM

Just tell them.. “Hey you don’t own the water Bro” and start Fishing!! It seems to be the norm these days get it done to me a lot and if you catch one try your best to keep it simple and stealthy or you will be making some new friends fish
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 06:25 PM

Just fish. I fish tournaments all the time on Fork and normally have numerous boats around me. Doesn't bother me a bit. Just put your head down and fish.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Just fish. I fish tournaments all the time on Fork and normally have numerous boats around me. Doesn't bother me a bit. Just put your head down and fish.

This...

I tell my HS boys every tourney - they can't catch your fish, just do what you do.
Posted By: Shaggin Bass

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 08:03 PM

Buddy of mine fished a tourney there subday and said it was rediculous and etiquette was right out the window.
Think there were two different toyrneys there.
Definately becoming more the norm than the exception anymore. Smh.
All ya can do is put your head down and keep fishn.
If your tourney rules dictate minimum distances and the other boats violate the rules. Take a pic of the boat n reg nunbers and complain to tourney directors if they are in the same tourney.
But as in life same in fishing there are jerks everywhere.
Dont let it ruin your day and just fo fishing.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/05/18 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaggin Bass
Buddy of mine fished a tourney there subday and said it was rediculous and etiquette was right out the window.
If your tourney rules dictate minimum distances and the other boats violate the rules. Take a pic of the boat n reg nunbers and complain to tourney directors if they are in the same tourney.

You can let the director of ANY tournament know of bad behavior - whether your fishing the tourney or not.
Years ago, there was an angler fishing Anglers Choice who lost his ride and his sponsors due to constant rules violations to NON-competitors. He was renowned for being a d**k on (and off) the water.
Posted By: Luke Scribner

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/06/18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaggin Bass

People were literally sitting on a spot not even fishing just waiting. Also people will be on plane about 20 feet from you leaving a spot...
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/06/18 04:56 PM

Get you a Bullet and then no one gets to your spots first. LOL kidding Luke you're a great fisherman taught me a bunch of what I know and I've never known you to shy away from bumpin elbows a little. Haha
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/06/18 11:09 PM

How many times have you been fishing the exact same bait as your partner and him catch a fish behind you. Happens all the time. Same thing I fish behind other boats all the time doesn’t bother me a bit
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: Tournament fishing - 02/08/18 05:01 AM

Sometimes banks that don't look good won't get fished. I've caught countless keepers on banks that look terrible
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum