Texas Fishing Forum

If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select?

Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:14 PM

Practically speaking. Don't say something like "one with 15 fish finders, a 1000 hp outboard, etc."

Of all of them out there which would you want?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:18 PM

I am not trying to be funny but to me I already have it. Fully loaded Skeeter FX20. Got everything on it I could every want on a boat.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:18 PM

Basscat Jaguar

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:19 PM

I remember when I was a kid (over 50 years ago). I wanted a water moccasin like this.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:22 PM

brand wouldn't matter as long as it new and free.
Posted By: COFF

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:29 PM

a
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:29 PM

Legend V 21
Posted By: RO519

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:32 PM

Ranger Z520L with a 250 ProXS. 10" Atlas Hydraulic, 2 10' blades, 2 12" Lowrance touch graphs on BBT mounts at the console and one 12" up front. Ultrex. And all the bells and whistles Ranger offers.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: RO519
Ranger Z520L with a 250 ProXS. 10" Atlas Hydraulic, 2 10' blades, 2 12" Lowrance touch graphs on BBT mounts at the console and one 12" up front. Ultrex. And all the bells and whistles Ranger offers.

Never heard of that brand of mounts... so these new mounts pretend to know everything, hate Amazon, and they are stuck in a Great Depression?
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Never heard of that brand of mounts... so these new mounts pretend to know everything, hate Amazon, and they are stuck in a Great Depression?

Copper mounts?
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:37 PM

BassCat Cougar FTD with a Mercury 300XS.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

Copper mounts?

They turn the fish green.
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:40 PM

i like little stumpy lakes so gimme a really thick 1/8"+ aluminum around 17-18 foot, hand control trolling motor, 75 or so HP
Posted By: Chris B

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 09:49 PM

A Skeeter FX20 with Lowrance electronics. But I really don't feel like I am missing much in my ZX225. Its been a pretty awesome boat.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:04 PM

A 22' Vexus with a 300 Merc. with a 250 cowl and all the goodies...... I think hmmm
Posted By: Iron Will

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:07 PM

A 14 foot flat bottom jon boat that I can hook my 1957 5.5 Johnson on. Been shopping c-list for a couple of years for one but either no title or everyone wants close to what you can buy a new one for. Seems jon boats hold their value.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Iron Will
A 14 foot flat bottom jon boat that I can hook my 1957 5.5 Johnson on. Been shopping c-list for a couple of years for one but either no title or everyone wants close to what you can buy a new one for. Seems jon boats hold their value.

Im right there with ya. Want a 15 ft john, two comfy seats, a fish finder, trolling motor 10 hp or so on the back. Then bring on retirement

Too big a rig is a pita for an old guy
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:25 PM

Good question. I just bought a 2018 Nitro Z18 after looking at a bunch of different brands. First off was the cost difference which was 10's of thousands of dollars depending on brand (I could afford them but why spend the extra money). I had a lot of wiggle room to rig the boat with what I wanted (tandem axle trailer w/brakes, Lowrance graphs, and other lesser add-ons) I have had this boat for 7 months and I have not found a single issue with it and I have already put on close to 80 - 100 hrs. It has a great hole shot, huge deck, tons of storage and runs an easy 65 (GPS) with full load, 44 gallons and partner (should get close to 70 if I mess with the jack plate and weight but it is fast enough for me).

I did want a Z20/Z21 but storage was an issue so I went with the Z18 because it fits in my garage. Thinking about putting a Power Pole on it for dock shooting but that is all I really need. I fish for crappie and it has delivered everything I wanted out of it. My partner wishes it had a second console so I told him he could buy it and I would add it when we go fishing but I do love all the extra room it has and my console works great.

It ain't a Skeeter, Ranger, BC or Phoenix but the boat will be paid off in two years and I get to the same spots they do and am completely dry and not a-- puckered.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:25 PM

I am a shallow structure fisherman.No open water for me.
Just a flat bottom boat for stability and a small motor to move me along.
You can spend 70 grand on your name brand if you like, not me.
Posted By: Mo

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:28 PM

It would not be a bass boat.

MO
Posted By: Cast

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:30 PM

I already had my dream bass boat. I would take a big well equipped pontoon now and love it.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:41 PM

Bells and Whistles-You will need them to ring while people pass by you.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:42 PM

Lulz
Posted By: K.D.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:50 PM

I walked into Fun N Sun this time last year and bought exactly what I wanted. It was a combination of value, size based on lakes I like to fish, tandem axle with brakes for safety, SHO 4 stroke, dual power poles, linked HDS Lowrance, proximity to a good dealer and other factors. It’s rigged exactly the way I wanted it. The only thing I’m toying with upgrading is putting an Ultrex on it. I will probably have one by summer. It’s a 19’6” Skeeter Zx200. I spent 4 months pouring over every bit of info I could find and looked at every major brand. I almost bought a Ranger Z118 but the thing that sealed the deal for me is that I live a mile from Fun N Sun. Long term service after the sale is important to me. I hate to work on anything.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:51 PM

I'm so out of the loop now days, but I always thought it'd be awesome to have a Gambler or a Bullet with a 300xs hung on the back.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:53 PM

Legend Alpha Tactical, Lowrance graphs and an Ultrex with Power Poles.
Posted By: kcb

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 10:55 PM

Legend Black Diamond Edition. They had one at the Classic in Houston last year.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 11:34 PM

Ranger Z520C Intracoastal
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 11:37 PM

Big O Elite
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 11:45 PM

Bullet 21xrs with 300 merc or even blazer 625 with 300merc.. loaded of course if we are dreaming.
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 11:47 PM

Ranger Z521 Icon with Evinrude 250 G2. Nothing needs to be added.

It needs a shelter/home too, so a large boat hangar with doors on each end so you can drive through, heated and AC. Now put those two together and I’d be happy.

Wait! an F250 Super Duty Power Stroke 4x4 Super Duty to pull it with will round out the wishlist. Can’t have one without the other.

I’m up to about a quarter million. I’m not asking for much, am I?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 11:54 PM

Prolly FX21-LE w/ SHO.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/01/18 11:55 PM

If someone is giving it to me I think a Charger Elite 210 with all the best (?) accessories. SHO 250, PP, HB. MK Ultrex.

Can I have a new GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 while we're at it?

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Good question. I just bought a 2018 Nitro Z18 after looking at a bunch of different brands. First off was the cost difference which was 10's of thousands of dollars depending on brand (I could afford them but why spend the extra money). I had a lot of wiggle room to rig the boat with what I wanted (tandem axle trailer w/brakes, Lowrance graphs, and other lesser add-ons) I have had this boat for 7 months and I have not found a single issue with it and I have already put on close to 80 - 100 hrs. It has a great hole shot, huge deck, tons of storage and runs an easy 65 (GPS) with full load, 44 gallons and partner (should get close to 70 if I mess with the jack plate and weight but it is fast enough for me).

Beautiful boat. Congratulations.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:15 AM

This:

https://www.basscat.com/boats/page/16/lynx#info-modal
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:17 AM

Whatever boat Cody Malone has for sale that year.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian Spagnola
Whatever boat Cody Malone has for sale that year.

Just buy his truck. I hear they pull double duty as submarines.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:20 AM

Ditch Picklefork

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:22 AM

has a Vexus been made yet? haven't seen any pics.
Posted By: a777pilot

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:33 AM

I had my dream boat. I gave it and most of my fishing gear away last year. It was a good run, but life moves on.

Posted By: Pintail711

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:37 AM

Legend V21 with 2 Solix 15’s at the helm and 2 Solix 15’s at the bow, Ultrex and Merc 250... no power poles because poles are for panty boys

Or a Charger 210 Elite with the same set up.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: KingwoodCat

I've always thought the Jaguar was ticket but the deck layout on the Lynx is amazing.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:16 AM

octagon steering wheel?
Posted By: Gusick

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:18 AM

I don't know, something really fancy.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: KingwoodCat

I wonder how many people end up in the lake with the trolling motor pedal where its at? I know I would fall off at Fork.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:31 AM

A Basscat just has a weird looking hull to me. It just doesn’t flow right.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan_n_Texas
I remember when I was a kid (over 50 years ago). I wanted a water moccasin like this.

There was a candy apple red one docked at the Shady Glade on Caddo the last time I was there. It was gorgeous.
Posted By: Mister Sir

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:38 AM

Its whatever I'm fishing out of. In the eighty's it was a 12' Jon boat with a sea king 4hp, I upgraded to a 14' Jon boat with a 9.9hp 1994-2011, then a 16' jon boat with a 25 hp.

Now I sold the 16' and have a order in on a Tracker 40th anniversary heritage model 17' with a 40hp mercury. I'm very stoked about it. My dad had a original 1978 bass tracker 2 16' with 40hp and I have a lot of fond memory's of fishing with him in that boat. Wish I had got it from him but I let him sell it. I hope me and my sons have some fond memory's out of this new boat that is very reminiscent of the boat I let get away. Did I mention I'm happy about my new boat.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:39 AM

Bullet
Posted By: Neches

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Funny, Ive never owned a BassCat but I think its one of the best looking boats on the water. Way better looking than a Skeeter IMO. Different boats appeal to different people I guess. I think a Skeeter is crazy looking with those pontoons that stick out of the back.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I am not trying to be funny but to me I already have it. Fully loaded Skeeter FX20. Got everything on it I could every want on a boat.

This!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:43 AM

Allison XB-21 Pro Sport. No carpet, padded deck.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:47 AM

But it runs well, handles well, takes rough water well, has plenty of storage, and just plain does everything well. I’ve had two Skeeters, two Rangers, and a Kitty and the Cat was the best, hands down.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:48 AM

921, red, white, silver and black with a SHO, twin PP, 3- 12" birds, Ultrex, Atlas hydraulic, 15" chrome spokes, ratchet cover and electric brakes. All I need is 6 good numbers. thumb
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:53 AM

223 champion with 400r on it
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 01:56 AM

A Ranger that would run 80, had to compromise and get a Triton that would. grin

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:03 AM

To me, there ain’t nothing sleeker, more sexy, more nimble, more fun to drive and a flat out fishing machine than a Bullet! I’ve ran the 20 footers and now a 21XRS but my next one will be the 21’ even SST. The 20’ is fun to drive but lacks the layout and the rough water ride of the 21’10” XRS. On the other hand the XRS is a beast and you lose a little bit of the performance thrill the 20’ offers. The 21’ SST with the XRS layout should be right in the middle. The SST will run 95 solo and 90 with a partner with only a 250XS.

Posted By: Pintail711

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:20 AM

To me, there ain’t nothing sleeker, more sexy, more nimble, more fun to drive and a flat out fishing machine than a Bullet! I’ve ran the 20 footers and now a 21XRS but my next one will be the 21’ even SST. The 20’ is fun to drive but lacks the layout and the rough water ride of the 21’10” XRS. On the other hand the XRS is a beast and you lose a little bit of the performance thrill the 20’ offers. The 21’ SST with the XRS layout should be right in the middle. The SST will run 95 solo and 90 with a partner with only a 250XS.

I never rode in a bullet, do they ride good? How do they perform in rough water? I’ve heard they will surprise you.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:27 AM

Nitro Z20 or 21
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:29 AM

My buddy should be picking this up Saturday. I bet I can catch fish in this too.

Posted By: HasBen

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
Allison XB-21 Pro Sport. No carpet, padded deck.

Got a ProSport a few years ago. Heck of a ride. Quality and innovation still amazes me every time I use it.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:41 AM

Basscat Jaguar with a Seven Marine engine.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:04 AM

Bullet 21SS with 300XS on the back, Chris Dunn custom cowl, DBR flash, ultrex, 2 Solix units. 100 mph boat fully set up to tournament fish and ride in rough water at 21 feet long, with MORE than ample storage. 250XS if I for some reason made the Elites. (Not). And I’d settle for low 90s speed wise.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:12 AM

FX21LE for me.....8' blades, 4 10" graphs, Ultrex, lithiums, and a few dozen other options. Red, black, and white.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:22 AM

Paid for
Posted By: SAKS

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:38 AM

I’m with Mark Perry on this one. I have the boat I was looking for. Now I just accessorize as needed.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK
Paid for

yep
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 04:59 AM

My 1996 CHAMPION 221 Elite! I hope to add a Mercury 300 VERADO someday,but if it doesn't happen I still have my dream boat!

Posted By: RayBob

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Champion 221 Elite
My 1996 CHAMPION 221 Elite

True BIG water bassboat.
Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 12:32 PM

2013 Ranger 520c Carbon with 250 SHO!
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark C
Ranger Z520C Intracoastal

yessir! But a 21.
Posted By: Dosser

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:28 PM

BassCat Lynx
Yamaha sho 250
MK Ultrex 112
10' blades
Lowrance hds 12's
Posted By: Dug71

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:35 PM

21+ foot Skeeter boat with and a motor with a 15 year warranty. Now that would be a dream. cool
Posted By: rj74955

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 02:47 PM

A brand spanking new Coosa Cobra, still my favorite boat of all time.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:21 PM

Basscat Jaguar
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:27 PM

Dream come true. 2017 FX21
Posted By: BToombs

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:32 PM

Ferrari of bass boats!
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:34 PM

My boat that I'm in now is the best boat I've owned to date. So I'd have to say it. 2018 Phoenix 21 PHX!
Posted By: reinke

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:36 PM

Have my dream boat now just not in the color I would have liked. Do not like what Skeeter is doing with color selection.

Skeeter FX20. Dual 12 Talons, 112/52 Ultrex, 3 Lowrance touch, odyssey batteries.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 03:57 PM

Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 04:22 PM

For me, it's more of what I wouldn't own more than having a particular "dream" boat.
Today's market has a lot of excellent boats to choose from and you can add any accessory to it you want to tailor it to your taste.

One man's Ranger is another man's jonboat.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 04:40 PM

Probably 920 w/250 SHO.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion 221 Elite
My 1996 CHAMPION 221 Elite

Tournament partner and I have almost same boat but a 1997. Haven't had it out in the real rough stuff yet but that's why we bought it. For those extreme days on Rayburn and Toledo. Adding a 250pro xs in the next couple weeks
Posted By: Redfoxone

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Hell Yes!
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 06:18 PM

I'm running a Majek 22 Extreme with Yamaha 250 SHO. Neat thing about it is the adjustable trim tabs, really keeps the nose down in rough water. I've run on Rayburn in waves my 22' Champion couldn't take!

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 06:20 PM

I grew up on rayburn. I've never seen it where you couldn't run it in a 22 Champion. If you know how to drive it..
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 06:27 PM

Allison or Ballistic fully loaded with all the toys.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Mo

MO
+1, when I was younger it was a Ranger without hesistation. Now it is what I have with a few mods. One is another 7" HDS on the console. It should be sitting on my porch when I get home. #2 is a 250 hanging on the back and #3 would be a wash down pump. I have added the gauges it did not come with. Bimini and back rest for leaning post are also on the list.
Posted By: mamrine

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 07:00 PM

A white Legend v-21 with a etec gen 2 on it. 12 inch garmin on the bow and the console. an ultrex and two white 12' talons. That is it. But man it is just out of the price range for a hs teacher/coach.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 07:05 PM

BassCat Eyra with a 250 SHO, Humminbird Solix's, and a pair of Blades.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper

MO
+1, when I was younger it was a Ranger without hesistation. Now it is what I have with a few mods. One is another 7" HDS on the console. It should be sitting on my porch when I get home. #2 is a 250 hanging on the back and #3 would be a wash down pump. I have added the gauges it did not come with. Bimini and back rest for leaning post are also on the list.

Good looking boat!

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper

MO

Good looking boat!

#3 Wash down pump.
It's on my short list for my bay boat. I have to say too I switched to a bay boat because of spinal surgery and getting in and out of the drivers seat of a bass boat became next to impossible. Now that I've had mine for a year I dont think I would go back to a bass boat even if I could.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/02/18 09:31 PM

I did - TRITON
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711

I never rode in a bullet, do they ride good? How do they perform in rough water? I’ve heard they will surprise you.

I've owned five of them. Three 20 footers and two 21' 10" boats. Everybody that has ever ridden with me in my big Bullets was amazed at the performance, speed, maneuverability, and ride. Folks that think a bassboat hull has to weigh 1,900# to ride well in rough water are misinformed.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

I've owned five of them. Three 20 footers and two 21' 10" boats. Everybody that has ever ridden with me in my big Bullets was amazed at the performance, speed, maneuverability, and ride. Folks that think a bassboat hull has to weigh 1,900# to ride well in rough water are misinformed.

I have to agree I was really surprised when I rode with Randy in his 21'10" Bullet, and it fished better then I thought it would to.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 02:02 AM

For a bass boat. Phoenix 921 won in a raffle. 250 Mercury pro XS with life time warranty. 2 12" Huummingbirds at the console and another 2 on the front deck. Minnkota Ultrex and two power poles.
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 02:55 AM

This one rigged out just like this is perfect for me.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

I have to agree I was really surprised when I rode with Randy in his 21'10" Bullet, and it fished better then I thought it would to.

So many nice boats on the market these days. I don't know what I would replace my Legend with if I were in the market for a new one. I would definitely consider another Basscat. I was also impressed with the new Phoenix's I fished from recently. Skeeters look great.

I love the looks of the new V20 & V21 Legends although the future of Legend may be uncertain. My gut tells me Mr. Morris bought it for the modern facility to build Ranger & Triton. I fear Legend will go by the way of Champion.

I will admit I am intrigued by the upcoming Vexus boats. I hate the name but I am anxious to see what Keith Daffron & Randy Hopper come up with. My guess is they will come out with a premium boat that looks suspiciously similar to a Ranger but at a very reasonable price for three to four years until they start signing some of the Elites then the price will take a big jump much the way Phoenix did.

So to answer the OP's original question about my "dream bass boat" that's a tough one.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

So many nice boats on the market these days. I don't know what I would replace my Legend with if I were in the market for a new one. I would definitely consider another Basscat. I was also impressed with the new Phoenix's I fished from recently. Skeeters look great.

I love the looks of the new V20 & V21 Legends although the future of Legend may be uncertain. My gut tells me Mr. Morris bought it for the modern facility to build Ranger & Triton. I fear Legend will go by the way of Champion.

I will admit I am intrigued by the upcoming Vexus boats. I hate the name but I am anxious to see what Keith Daffron & Randy Hopper come up with. My guess is they will come out with a premium boat that looks suspiciously similar to a Ranger but at a very reasonable price for three to four years until they start signing some of the Elites then the price will take a big jump much the way Phoenix did.

So to answer the OP's original question about my "dream bass boat" that's a tough one.

Everything out their says Legend is only going to build the V-20 going forward and only till the end of 2019 for the time being. That may change then depending on how it goes. The Vexus is interesting to see the final outcome of what they build.
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 07:35 AM

BassCat Eyra with cavalier hull
Posted By: barbarian

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 01:49 PM

That is such a hard question for me to answer. I honestly don't think my dream boat is made. In no particular order it would be one of the following in Blue/Silver/Black color combination

Bullet 21XRS with a removable passenger console or at very least dual console, but its only made in single

Charger 496 with a little more modern thought of fishing style update on top cap and removable console

Charger 210 and give me an option to change the large front center storage to 2 separate lids and compartments

Bass Cat Cougar/Puma - Get rid of day box compartment in front storage on Cougar or net storage on Puma

Some of that is nit picking, but you said dream boat. I've owned all but the Bullet and I'm in a Charger 496 now. They are all great boats built by great companies and all did something better than the others and all didn't do something as well as the others.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 02:31 PM

Allison xb21 for fun or Charger 210 for fishing.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 02:45 PM

This^^^ the old Champion 221 was listed at 1600lbs and will outride pretty much any bass boat in the nasty stuff

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: barbarian
That is such a hard question for me to answer. I honestly don't think my dream boat is made. In no particular order it would be one of the following in Blue/Silver/Black color combination

Bullet 21XRS with a removable passenger console or at very least dual console, but its only made in single

Charger 496 with a little more modern thought of fishing style update on top cap and removable console

Charger 210 and give me an option to change the large front center storage to 2 separate lids and compartments

Bass Cat Cougar/Puma - Get rid of day box compartment in front storage on Cougar or net storage on Puma

Some of that is nit picking, but you said dream boat. I've owned all but the Bullet and I'm in a Charger 496 now. They are all great boats built by great companies and all did something better than the others and all didn't do something as well as the others.

They do make the XRS in dual console now ... here's one below without the windshields installed

Posted By: barbarian

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 04:59 PM

[quote=Huckleberry
They do make the XRS in dual console now ... here's one below without the windshields installed
[/quote]

Interesting. I looked on the website right before posting too and its not listed. Do you have picture of front deck? Is it exact to the XRS? What do they do with the small day box/ice chest in front of deck?

What is the model #?

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: barbarian
[quote=Huckleberry

Interesting. I looked on the website right before posting too and its not listed. Do you have picture of front deck? Is it exact to the XRS? What do they do with the small day box/ice chest in front of deck?

What is the model #? [/quote]

Yes, exact to the XRS .....Bullet 21SDC

Yeah I don't know why they have'nt got it pictured on the website yet, same with the SST. You can find pics on the web though, here's what I found

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 05:07 PM

It's not removable though
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 05:29 PM

I am blessed and got mine a few months ago
2018 Legend V21... best boat I’ve ever had or been in

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 05:42 PM

If I were looking for a new boat I would strongly consider this one with a Yam 250 SHO.

https://www.facebook.com/bulletboat/photos/pcb.1571682646280123/1571682196280168/?type=3&theater

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

I need to grab your father and come fish with you!

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 05:49 PM

I need to grab your father and come fish with you!

Yes you do ol buddy... I may or may not know what their biting on! Lol
Posted By: MMosher

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/03/18 08:59 PM

Basscat
Allison
Charger

Mid 90's 202 ChampioN, light and dry, Bass N Bay with a warmed up HydroTec Yammy and a gas card.
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 03:23 AM

Recently retired and just took delivery of my "dream bass boat" 2018 521 L

Posted By: Pitdad

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

Copper mounts?

They turn the fish green.

Ha!
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 04:23 AM

Sold my boat due to work constraints and now beat the bank when I can find a moment.

Anything that floats would be a dream at this point!

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 01:43 PM

Mo_Cat,

Nice rig, what a beast! All you need now is a F250 Platinum ... ha ha
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 02:00 PM

2019 skeeter 21i with a 300 sho
you said dream now if only skeeter would make the iclass again flehan flehan
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 04:55 PM

Jaret if you grew up on it surely you remember the 88 B.A.S.S. tournament that canceled the last day? Wash from the waves was hitting the dam road! I would have like to have seen you running it! Or the countless other tourneys that have canceled for wind.
Posted By: Stonebriar

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 05:35 PM

It would be a boat that disappeared after I was finished using it and would reappear when needed.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 08:13 PM

I don’t think Legend will be here much longer.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 08:13 PM

BassCat Lynx
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 10:29 PM

Mo Cat, that's a beauty!

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78
BassCat Lynx

That would be a nice boat for sure with a 300 verado
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/04/18 10:47 PM

Pick mine up next week, fully loaded Phoenix 920 pro xp
Posted By: Mr. Skeeter

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 04:35 AM

The boat I grew up fishing in. 97 Skeeter ss140 with a 110 Johnson. Daddy’s old boat. Don’t know if I would run it but it would be a dream to still have it will all original stuff like I remember.
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 05:42 AM

Take the bass cat lynx dimensions and fit the cougar or eyra layout into it. 12" Garmin and Bird at the helm and 10" versions up front with panoptix. Twin 8 foot blades and an ultrex
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Mo_Cat

Wow, very nice rig and truck!
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 02:58 PM

Legend V 21, Lowrance, Power Poles. No question
Posted By: BMCD

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 03:18 PM

Yeah, a boat that has speed 75+, ride, quality, storage, deck space and looks good. Ability for large electronics, and all the goodies. Reality is alot of boats are close.
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 03:40 PM

https://www.skeeterboats.com/images/boatbuilder/2018/FXLE/side/FXLE_2018_ColorOptionD.jpg

This... texas
Posted By: bradleybriscoe123

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 05:33 PM

Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Originally Posted By: Mo_Cat

Wow, very nice rig and truck!

THIS ONE,..!!! pollo
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/05/18 11:02 PM

STROKER
Posted By: brennansgrandpa

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/06/18 12:11 AM

Already got it - BassCat Jaguar, paying it off this year and I am set for retirement!

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/06/18 03:55 PM

Didn't expect such a response. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/06/18 04:00 PM

New GAMBLER

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/06/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bbexotics
New GAMBLER

Good luck with that, (New).

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/07/18 09:05 PM

Posted By: ThatOneBigKid

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/07/18 09:50 PM

I refer to this as my "Lottery Boat" as I would only be able to afford it by winning the lottery, but:

Phoenix 921 PHX
Yamaha 250 SHO with Atlas Hyd. Plate
Minn Kota Ultrex 112 - With Humminbird 360
15' Talons on tilt brackets
Humminbird Solix Graphs (2 on Console, 2 on Bow)

Again, "lottery boat" but a guy can dream, right??
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/08/18 12:49 AM

The one I own smile
Posted By: Jweb0828

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/08/18 11:08 AM

Ranger

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/08/18 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S

Not enough storage.
Posted By: MV

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/08/18 12:12 PM

19' with a 175 merc
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/08/18 01:28 PM

Was lucky enough to buy my dream boat. Was shopping used and came across this boat as a demo model from Fun N Sun. Had 30 hours on it.

Absolutely love it.

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/09/18 01:10 AM

Here’s mine... it’s a 2018 V21... I picked it up a few months back... I love it

Re: If you could pick our your "dream bass boat" what would you select? - 02/09/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Was lucky enough to buy my dream boat. Was shopping used and came across this boat as a demo model from Fun N Sun. Had 30 hours on it.

Absolutely love it.

Those are great boats, my buddy has one and they are fishing machines and can take some really rough water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum