Texas Fishing Forum

Best flourocarbon line

Posted By: redskeeter190

Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:21 PM

I've given up on flourocarbon line....I've used Berkley 100% and the BPS version.....The problem I encountered was breakage....here in East Tennessee, the water temps are lower than in the South. I'm curious if the lower temps causes that or if I'm using the wrong brand. I've researched f/c line and found that Seaguar Red Label to be the highest rated.
My question.....has anyone used it and what is your opinion? If you don't like it, I'd appreciate your reasons.
thank in advance....
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:23 PM

Seguar Tatsu
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:23 PM

Sunline shooter or seaguar tatsu high end

Mid range price sunline sniper or seaguar invizex
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:26 PM

I've used Seaguar Red Label and I thought it was garbage. Lots of memory and weak knot strength. If it were me I'd try Sunline FC Sniper.
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:27 PM

I’ve had the best performance from Sunline Sniper and Shooter as well as Seguar Invisx and Abrazx. All four have been good lines for me.
Posted By: squib

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Seguar Tatsu

Correct answer in my opinion
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:43 PM

Sunline Sniper
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Sunline Sniper

^^^
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: squib
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Seguar Tatsu

Correct answer in my opinion

another vote for Tatsu.

I would also suggest checking your knots. I have used the BPS line and its tough as it gets but I didn't like how easy it curls. The 20# BPS line would take me tying to the boat to break but if I didn't wet the knot before pulling down it would break with a simple snap of the wrist. The Fluorocarbon will burn and break very easy if you do not wet the knot.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 04:12 PM

I've really liked the P-Line 100% fluoro
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 04:24 PM

SEAGUAR.

I mostly use InvizX, but will use Red Label in a pinch. Never had any issues with either.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 04:35 PM

Red label is cheap enough to respool as needed... I first used 15 lb mono for backing and then spool on about 75 yards or so... get 3 reels out of 1 box. So I have $3.75 in each reel. I will use the higher end stuff sometimes as well.
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 04:36 PM

Invisx or sunline shooter are my favorites, yet red label still gets the job done.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 04:37 PM

Sunline for me
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 05:07 PM

I have had good luck with Red Label for the past year..no complaints yet
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 05:37 PM

I'll use Red Label for line that I change often (12 lb for cranking) and InvizX for heavier more "contact" baits. (17-25 lb)
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 05:41 PM

Seagar AbrazX
Posted By: centexChamp92

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 05:45 PM

Invisx on my worm/jig and Red Label for cranks/spinnerbaits. Very few breaks with palomar knot.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 06:12 PM

I like the Sunline flouro (Assassin or Sniper) is what I use. Only use it on feel presentations. Moving baits I just use a mono or a copoly. I see no benefit for flouro on moving presentations. Just be careful tying your knot and check for knicks and kinks often with flouro and you should be OK.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 06:15 PM

Seaguar Red Label is garbage IMO. It breaks in my spool, has memory, etc.

Now Invizx, I love, at least in 12 lb. I got an 8 lb box the other day and it broke (mid-line) in my spool a bunch of times the first day. Maybe I just got a bad batch, because the 12 lb has never done that to me.
Posted By: Coydog

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 06:29 PM

Sunline sniper
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 06:52 PM

Invisix. I would probably love Tatsu, but it's a little pricey for my budget. Wetting your knot sufficiently is key. I never cared for Berkeley FC, but never had an issue with BPS
Posted By: 1Cast 1Fish

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 07:10 PM

This is one of those loaded questions, like do you prefer Ford, Chevy, or Dodge trucks.
But I will put my 2 cents in anyway...I prefer Shooter or InvisX.
They provide me with good middle ground...not overly expensive and adequate strength.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 08:00 PM

Tatsu or AbrazX but to be honest I've just about switched all of my reels to braid w/leader. Using 6 -10 ft at a time makes the cost not so bad.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 08:06 PM

Zero problems with red label. Use a quality line conditioner. 12,15,20lb
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 08:20 PM

Looks like ya got enough votes....but one more for InvisX. I've pulled logs up from the bottom to save hooks and tungsten. HARD to break.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Zero problems with red label. Use a quality line conditioner. 12,15,20lb
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
I've used Seaguar Red Label and I thought it was garbage. Lots of memory and weak knot strength. If it were me I'd try Sunline FC Sniper.
I've never used red label but know lots of guys used to, was it better when they used to level wind it?
Posted By: Drummond1

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 10:53 PM

I'm a big fan of Invisx, I have never had a break off. Then again, I'm not much of a fisherman, I hardly ever catch fish.
Posted By: Jigaholic

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 11:07 PM

vanish 4lb test is all you need
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 11:43 PM

Well, one thing is that you can always go back to mono as so many of them are so greatly improved now. Maybe you are trying too hard to "like" and use fluoro. I know there are circumstances where fluoro is the line of choice.

No, cold weather has less effect on fluorocarbon than other lines. It is often preferred by ice fishermen for this very reason. Since the really good fluoros don't absorb water, they aren't as subjected to turning stiff, freezing up.

Nope, fluoro does NOT burn easily, at least not as easy as mono. Someone said that way back and it has been picked up and repeated as a mantra ever since. It is just a much more dense line than mono and certainly braid, so when you tie a knot with it, it is a bit harder to get a good tight knot in it. An analogy? It's a bit more like tying a knot in a piece of light wire used for hanging pictures . . . harder to tug down into a snug knot.

I use Invisx, like it as leader material. Sufix Elite is a super monofilament if you retreat that direction!

Brad
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 01/31/18 11:44 PM

Don’t buy P-Line, that stuff is junk
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Jigaholic
vanish 4lb test is all you need

Which one? All Vanish breaks at 4 pounds. It's why it's called "Vanish"..... as in the fish vanished with my lure. Or contact with the bottom of the lake made my lure Vanish.
Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 12:37 AM

Gamma is really good but for the $ it's hard to beat red label
Posted By: "TexasFight"

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 02:56 AM

Sunline Sniper
Posted By: mbassn

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 03:34 AM

I like the Sunline Super Flouro. Its their little less expensive line but I have never had any problems with it. Runs about $15 for a 200 yard spool and about $45 for a 660 yard spool.
Posted By: burner42

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 06:43 AM

Gamma
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: redskeeter190
I've given up on flourocarbon line....

smart man.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 04:39 PM

12-20 Invisx,25 Abrazx for flipping and pitching
Posted By: J-2

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/01/18 06:02 PM

I prefer Sunline Shooter.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/02/18 01:02 AM

thanks for the replies.....I went out and got 15# Invisx...spooled up my Revo SX/Cashion combo.....I'll give it a try....
Posted By: Neches

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/02/18 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: redskeeter190
thanks for the replies.....I went out and got 15# Invisx...spooled up my Revo SX/Cashion combo.....I'll give it a try....
YOu better learn to tie the right knot or you are going to be very disappointed with 15lb fluora,, youtube Shaw Grigsby fluorocarbon knot
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/02/18 05:34 AM

HATED that red label bs. A friend of mine convinced me to try fluro one time at walmart for our trip the next day.. Got #12 red label spooled on a Concept C, had nothing but issues all day. After about an hour I ripped all that [censored] off and spooled up with what I usually use

The GOOD STUFF is Seaguar Invizix. I use it mainly for a braid leader
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/02/18 06:31 AM

Sunline Sniper
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/02/18 09:12 PM

I've used mostly Red Label in 15, 17 (when they used to make it) and 20 with no problems. I spool 50 yds at a time and replace when I start getting down to my splice knot to the backing when casting. I did have some trouble with 8lb on spinning tackle.
I use mostly P line in the lighter weights. Can't see spending more money if I don't have to.
Posted By: KC Injection Baits

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/02/18 09:22 PM

Sunline love it
Posted By: pkskeetersr

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/03/18 01:54 AM

P line the best I have found just tie a good knot, pack knot
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/03/18 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Sunline Sniper

^^^
That's what I have settled on.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Best flourocarbon line - 02/03/18 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Sunline Sniper

^^^

This, and Yamamoto's Sugoi, but not anything below 12lb. on Sugoi!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum