Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Spawn

Posted By: killachinchilla

Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 05:27 PM

Looking to get a guide (if not all booked) on lake fork for the spawn. I know no one has the exact time, but can i get some estimates on best timing? Taking a client so would prefer as much info as possible. Thanks
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 05:30 PM

Late March to late April
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 06:43 PM

Really depends on the weather. Last year we started catching them end of Feb. off beds and it lasted all the way thru May. But it was a warm winter. This winter is a lot cooler than last so Id bet it will start mid March and be on fire in April like normal.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 06:48 PM

The start of the spawn on Fork never begins the exact week every year. But one thing for sure it will always be happening in April. I would pick 3 days prior to the full moon and 3 days after the full moon in April. There will be a major move up in this timeframe.
Posted By: killachinchilla

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 06:51 PM

thank u all for the help
Posted By: Rog

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 07:08 PM

Full moon at end of March. If it keeps warming and no other major cold spells prespawn will be on full swing in a couple of weeks and some will be on beds around the Feb/March 1 full moon. Thr next several weeks are the best time for numbers of big fish as they will stack up when they stage. You find that sweet spot and could have a day of a lifetime. By April the beds will have been pounded if your looking to just bed fish and lake crowded but it will still be fun. To me the best, easiest for a novice angle to catch, and most fun time for numbers and some big ones is the shad spawn in late April/May. Just have to catch it right. Get your spooks and hit points at day light for some giants on top.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Rog
Full moon at end of March. If it keeps warming and no other major cold spells prespawn will be on full swing in a couple of weeks and some will be on beds around the Feb/March 1 full moon. Thr next several weeks are the best time for numbers of big fish as they will stack up when they stage. You find that sweet spot and could have a day of a lifetime. By April the beds will have been pounded if your looking to just bed fish and lake crowded but it will still be fun. To me the best, easiest for a novice angle to catch, and most fun time for numbers and some big ones is the shad spawn in late April/May. Just have to catch it right. Get your spooks and hit points at day light for some giants on top.

This guy is spot on. Call Andrew Grills and book a shad spawn trip. There is no one better! There are so many good guides at Fork, but Andrew can make dreams happen in the shad spawn. As mentioned, should be a few on beds then too!
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Fork Spawn - 01/29/18 08:57 PM

Pretty much last 2 weeks of March and the first 2 weeks of April every year you will have spawning bass on Lake Fork. I log my all trips and it has been this way forever.

I like April cause the main lake is on and there are giants to catch at that time. I have only a couple of days in that time frame that might work for you.If I can help let me know.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum