Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 04:35 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 04:44 AM

GPS coordinates on TPW site.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 01:03 PM

I was going to try to help you out but it is like someone completely erased it from the internet. It has been around for years so maybe someone can post it again but I couldnt find it anywhere when i googled it.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
roflmao

Doug --- why the ROFL emoji ?
Bradley only has 12 post --- new to the TFF
Give the guy a break before you start laughing at his post.

Bradleybriscoe --- do a "search" for Palestine maps on here and one should pop up somewhere.
there have been many many threads on the subject in the past and there are some really good maps showing the stump fields circulating.
I am also sure that as others read this thread they will post the maps again.
"MOST" folks on here don't laugh but do try to help ..... especially help the new folks just getting on here.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 01:45 PM

May be a high school angler or boat captain that has never been there. Bradley, Palestine north of the 155 bridge is like one huge stump field. Someone will post a map. Be careful out there.

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 01:50 PM

Here you go, I found it on a past thread here:

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/12432899/Searchpage/1/Main/995622/Words/%2Brunning+AND+%2Bpalestine/Search/true/Palestine_navigation#Post12432899

run the green lines,
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 02:42 PM

Take total surface acres and subtract 1,000 acres. What's left is surface acres with stumps...
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 03:10 PM

Just wondering, how many of you actually believe your GPS is accurate enough to run a boat, at speed, through a stump field?
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: FlatBack4
Just wondering, how many of you actually believe your GPS is accurate enough to run a boat, at speed, through a stump field?

You can do it if the refresh and tracking rate is quick enough, done it a whole lot on fork.
Posted By: breauxmule

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/29/18 03:24 PM

Go on google earth and use the time bar to go back and look at Palestine during the drought. Flat has more than Kickapoo
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 12:47 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 12:48 AM

Flat is a nightmare!! It’ll make you mad trying to get through that mess!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: bradleybriscoe123
does anyone know where i can find a stump map of lake palestine

There's not one Bradley and all you have to do is launch at Flat Creek, turn left and go under the bridge or Launch at Kickapoo, turn left and go under the bridge. You want go far before you hit a stump. Probably the stumpiest lake anywhere. There are guys who have fished the lake for 20 + years and they still idle in many places. And it's not only Flat or Kickapoo but they are probably the worse. Learn to be patient, get in a hurry and punch a hole or tear up a lower unit.

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 01:51 AM

You will damage fiberglass at some point in the areas listed. Guaranteed
Posted By: pres

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 09:42 PM

Friend and I new to the lake are fishing it this weekend. Has anyone launched out of the ramp off of 315 up near Kickapoo? We were wanting to launch there since it is easy access to Kickapoo. Is it in good condition/usable?

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: pres
Friend and I new to the lake are fishing it this weekend. Has anyone launched out of the ramp off of 315 up near Kickapoo? We were wanting to launch there since it is easy access to Kickapoo. Is it in good condition/usable?

Yes, the ramp is usable, small parking lot though so show up early. The ramp is in a narrow cove as well so it will not accommodate too many boats launching at one time so there can be a wait for the other boats to get out.
Posted By: pres

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
Originally Posted By: pres

Yes, the ramp is usable, small parking lot though so show up early. The ramp is in a narrow cove as well so it will not accommodate too many boats launching at one time so there can be a wait for the other boats to get out.

Thanks!

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 09:58 PM

Of course, any wait you have at the 315 ramp is still faster getting into Kickapoo then trying to get into that part of the creek from another ramp. Just know that in order to go under 315 from there you have to stay about 20 yards off the bridge in order to stay off the old road bed and you can not go straight under the 1st under pass, you have to pass the underpass about 5-10 feet then cut across the old road bed. This will make more sense when you get there but just watch for the old bridge under the water directly in front of the 1st underpass (of course I havent been on Palestine since September so I couldn't tell if the water is down low enough to make the old bridge visible or not)
Posted By: Slefler

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/30/18 11:18 PM

OP, check your PM's
Posted By: RandyD

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/31/18 01:59 AM

Palestine is shagnasty... be careful
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/31/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
roflmao

Doug --- why the ROFL emoji ?
Bradley only has 12 post --- new to the TFF
Give the guy a break before you start laughing at his post.

Bradleybriscoe --- do a "search" for Palestine maps on here and one should pop up somewhere.
there have been many many threads on the subject in the past and there are some really good maps showing the stump fields circulating.
I am also sure that as others read this thread they will post the maps again.
"MOST" folks on here don't laugh but do try to help ..... especially help the new folks just getting on here.

Simply because I thought it was a funny question, Palestine is the worst lake in Texas as far as tearing your equipment up. Plus I got to pay $9k to repair damage from Palestine, from just fishing not running, a few years ago.

So, I think I've paid for my right to simply post an emoji without you scolding me or trying to add to my simply posting an emoji.

I guess you knew what my post meant more than I did. wink

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/31/18 03:22 AM

We had alot of damage twice also but won 2 Championships because of it. The good stuff is pretty nasty sometimes
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/31/18 02:23 PM

I launch up there all the time with no issues and they rebuilt the walkway there and it is nice. Looks like they dug it out also.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 01/31/18 05:42 PM

A lot of guys running the TM have had swimming lessons there. clap
Posted By: C130

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/18/19 11:16 PM

How are guys tearing stuff up ($9000 damage) without running? I’ve read about the roadbed. I don’t want to tear my boat up, tore out a lower unit a year ago. I was planning on meeting my son up at Palestine to fish since he’s at UT Tyler. My plan is to just idle around.
Posted By: RKT

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 01:51 AM

C130- If you are going to put your boat on Lake Palestine do yourself a favor and spend a little money on one of Tom Maynes map cards with trails.

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 02:13 AM

You can easily tear it up idling. Unless you are going so slow the second you bump one you back out immediately, there's always the chance of sliding over one and onto another before you're off the first. Had it happen a couple times and seen it happen. Once a bass boat has high centered with a stump in front and in back you are kinda screwed. Either get out and push or hammer down
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 02:41 AM

Not $9000 worth, but I did a bunch of damage getting stuck on one of the underwater bridges in Kickapoo once. Also been stuck so bad on a couple of stumps I thought I’d have to leave my boat there if help hadn’t been around. And in my opinion Flat creek is even worse.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 02:57 AM

Invest in Tom Mayne’s chip, worth every penny!
Posted By: C130

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 11:11 AM

I’ll definitely get the Tom Maynes Chip, thanks for the other info.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 11:44 AM

From that other post. I have only fished there once years ago and was a co-angler but Def looked interesting all those stumps!! Reminded me of the Red River and going into White House with a stump every 4' and needing a pushpole to help get off of them!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigVes

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by RKT
C130- If you are going to put your boat on Lake Palestine do yourself a favor and spend a little money on one of Tom Maynes map cards with trails.

What he said thumb
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 02:32 PM

The road bed in Kickapoo can certainly cause plenty of damage to a boat if you don't know where to cross. However, the thing that scares me the most about Palestine is there is a ton of stumps out there with rebar sticking out of the top. People think they are helping by driving rebar into a stump and putting some pvc on it, but when the next flood comes the pvc floats off. In a year or so you have a rusted boat killer coming out of a stump. Tom's chip is great for getting around the lower 2/3 of the lake. I would HIGHLY recommend buying it. That basic map above is missing lots of dangerous spots. There is no trail in Kickapoo, Flat, or Neches. No map chip will help you there.
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 05:47 PM

so.. if I launch at the kickapoo ramp... where do I cross over the bridge at without tearing stuff up to go under the highway bridge?

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
The road bed in Kickapoo can certainly cause plenty of damage to a boat if you don't know where to cross. However, the thing that scares me the most about Palestine is there is a ton of stumps out there with rebar sticking out of the top. People think they are helping by driving rebar into a stump and putting some pvc on it, but when the next flood comes the pvc floats off. In a year or so you have a rusted boat killer coming out of a stump. Tom's chip is great for getting around the lower 2/3 of the lake. I would HIGHLY recommend buying it. That basic map above is missing lots of dangerous spots. There is no trail in Kickapoo, Flat, or Neches. No map chip will help you there.

^^^AMEN... whatever "good" someone though they were doing at the time doesn't take away from the fact that now instead of a piece of WOOD that you run into NOW ITS METAL causing much more Damage to a boat/human unfortunate enough to encounter it... almost every lake I've been too has these "hazards" and its really ridiculous!!

Re: Lake Palestine Stump Map - 09/19/19 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by TexasMo
so.. if I launch at the kickapoo ramp... where do I cross over the bridge at without tearing stuff up to go under the highway bridge?

Typically you would go just past the first "underwater" bridge and immediately cross over. Now that bridge isnt underwater now, and I havent been up there in recent months, so I couldnt tell you if you can actually get across there right now or not. It is shallow crossing to begin with and the water is down a foot and a half right now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum