Texas Fishing Forum

Measuring Board

Posted By: mox22

Measuring Board - 01/29/18 03:02 AM

Is there a certain brand most tornaments use?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 04:12 AM

Nope... Depends on who the sponsor is in some cases. Look at the trail/event you are looking to fish. Or have the two major ones on board at all times:

Check-It Stick
Pro-Rule

Or just get what you want, and use the courtesy board to place painter's tape at the appropriate length for the lake you are fishing. For standard limit lakes, catch bigger fish so you don't have to worry about it! roflmao
Posted By: toofy

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 05:01 AM

Are these really different?? An inch is an inch....
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 05:15 AM

The width of the line, the curve of the stop, the trueness of the board itself. They are not manufactured to that level of accuracy between brands. They are close, but if you are on a slot lake like Fork, and the difference between a penalty/DQ/fine is the width of a hair, you want to be sure where the line is for the tournament. Especially if you are talking about the big bass events for BIG BUCKS!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 06:58 AM

Go see Texas Nameplate. They will make a customized board for you and it is certified accurate to .003 of an inch. Great people over there!

http://www.nameplate.com/
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 04:18 PM

Do NOT use a Golden Rule!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: toofy
Are these really different?? An inch is an inch....

Yes! I carry a Pro Rule and a Check It Stick. If you are going to tournament fish it is a wise (and cheap) investment to have both and use the one the TD specifies.
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 05:02 PM

I'm glad that tape measures are accurate or houses would look funny. Seems odd cause like above a
Inch is a inch
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 05:10 PM

Always check you stick with the TD
Posted By: mbassn

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 07:42 PM

I keep a check-it stick in the boat because at one time that was what the Texas game wardens used. Now they use the stick you have in your boat. I like the idea of carrying the 2 major brands though.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 07:56 PM

My Skeeter came with a check-it. So....that's what I use. I have slid the Walmart gold ruler next to it and it's EXACTLY the same.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE
I'm glad that tape measures are accurate or houses would look funny. Seems odd cause like above a
Inch is a inch

Are they accurate? Who ever built my house must of Had a "lemon".
Posted By: mox22

Re: Measuring Board - 01/29/18 11:23 PM

Thanks for the inputs
Posted By: SuperSpookJr

Re: Measuring Board - 01/30/18 02:13 AM

Hawg Trough. A million kayak anglers can't be wrong. It's the industry standard for kayak CPR (catch-photo-release) tournaments. Runs about $18.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum