Texas Fishing Forum

Hook box

Posted By: Cali hunter

Hook box - 01/22/18 03:41 AM

Alright what’s a good hook box. I don’t want separator cause go underneath and then there all mixed up. Needs to be waterproof. I’ve had a lot of the Plano ones there not great, and can’t find much on doing research so let’s see it how do y’all keep your hooks? If you use a system different then a box show me I’d like to see!!
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 03:43 AM

the red coffin ones would be good.

I use a plano with the dividers, but I glued a piece of cardboard in the lid Ive never had any go under or over since doing that. It keeps the dividers tighter and closes the gaps.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
the red coffin ones would be good.

I use a plano with the dividers, but I glued a piece of cardboard in the lid Ive never had any go under or over since doing that. It keeps the dividers tighter and closes the gaps.

As above, or glue the deviders in.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 03:49 AM

sorry I think I did glue all the dividers down on that box also its been quite a while
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 03:56 AM

put your hooks on safety pins,..
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 04:17 AM

This Plano box doesn't have removable dividers. They are set and sized for hooks from 1/0 - 6/0 (iirc).

Plano Terminal Tackle Box
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 05:39 AM

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass_Mafia_Terminal_Coffin/descpage-BMTC.html

I got tired of Trokars rusting out when put away with any remaining moisture on the hook. This box solved that issue for me. The foam inserts dry the hooks completely hold them securely. I've been very happy with it.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 07:49 AM

+1 on Bass mafia terminal coffin they are the best you can get in my opinion
Posted By: Cali hunter

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: TX Strampion
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass_Mafia_Terminal_Coffin/descpage-BMTC.html

I got tired of Trokars rusting out when put away with any remaining moisture on the hook. This box solved that issue for me. The foam inserts dry the hooks completely hold them securely. I've been very happy with it.

Looks like exactly what I’m looking for, like these boxes ALOT!!!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 01:55 PM

I Keep my hooks in their original packaging and store them in deep 3700 boxes. No more hooks all over the place.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
I Keep my hooks in their original packaging and store them in deep 3700 boxes. No more hooks all over the place.

^This also for me. The inserts are molded in place so everything stays put. I also add one of those anti rust strips from TW on the lid.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 04:13 PM

My "hook box" looks like hooks in their original package with all the various sizes in a zip lock baggie.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 04:58 PM

Bass Mafia Terminal Coffin. Glue the dividers if you want to; not necessary though.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 05:53 PM

Bass Mafia Coffin will be the last be the last hook box you'll buy !!!.Don't care for the rest of them just to high for me.
Posted By: Charlie Brown III

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:07 PM

Please check me into Rusk State Hospital the day I spend $60 on a terminal tackle box. I don't care how good it is, even if I had endless funds I would never even consider the thought it. But hey, more power to them, people are buying them even at the 98% markup.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:13 PM

I like my old FTO hook boxes.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:29 PM

Bass Mafia Terminal Coffin is the best Ive ever used
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:37 PM

I got my coffin when Cabelas had them on sale paid 37.99 I believe
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:41 PM

I use small jewelry bags to keep my hooks from getting mixed up. I do use a Bass Mafia box only because I got it free. I love those boxes but they are way to expensive for my taste.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Charlie Brown III
Please check me into Rusk State Hospital the day I spend $60 on a terminal tackle box. I don't care how good it is, even if I had endless funds I would never even consider the thought it. But hey, more power to them, people are buying them even at the 98% markup.

Valentine's day, Birthday, Christmas and a couple others that will help with these purchases.
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 09:46 PM

I'm with you CB III; that's just crazy talk. been using the same 360 box for at least 10 years; probably paid $5 for it. I'm no professional so I don't have to have 10 of everything to enjoy a day on the water.
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
put your hooks on safety pins,..

^^^^
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 10:06 PM

I bought a Coffin 3700 at Cabela's for 30.00 and it was hard for me to pull the trigger on it but I'm tired of the latches on the others. The Coffin 3700 will hold a lot more hooks and weights than the Coffin terminal it doesn't have all that foam and it has alot more dividers.

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
Bass Mafia Terminal Coffin is the best Ive ever used

I didn't buy mine so I didn't know what they cost...love it though

Re: Hook box - 01/22/18 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: tin man 55
I'm with you CB III; that's just crazy talk. been using the same 360 box for at least 10 years; probably paid $5 for it. I'm no professional so I don't have to have 10 of everything to enjoy a day on the water.

Yep, I have one of the old falcon boxes I purchased around '09-'10. it was $10 bucks or so and has held up great.

Originally Posted By: BMCD

Valentine's day, Birthday, Christmas and a couple others that will help with these purchases.

Thanks, I'm pretty simple and don't see it as a need at that price point. I would MUCH rather tell my wife to take that $60 and pick out a kid to buy for on an angel tree during Christmas.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Hook box - 01/23/18 07:05 PM

I know where you're coming from, but it's pretty much in line with everything else related to fishing. $20 crank baits, $20 fluoro, $400 rods, $100k boats. It is what it is.
Posted By: B.Byars

Re: Hook box - 01/24/18 03:42 PM

bass mafia 3700 box with dessicant packs from old shoe boxes. same with a jig box

Re: Hook box - 01/25/18 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: TX Strampion

I know where you're coming from, but it's pretty much in line with everything else related to fishing. $20 crank baits, $20 fluoro, $400 rods, $100k boats. It is what it is.

The prices will keep going up so long people keep buying it all. I’ll save my money, plus it’s made in China.

Re: Hook box - 01/25/18 03:24 PM

Just ran across this on another site, thought some might be interested.
Gamakatsu G-Box $11.47

http://www.gamakatsu.com/gear.php?pid=1276

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum