Texas Fishing Forum

Any Rocks on Fairfield?

Posted By: BNKrust

Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 02:38 AM

Have never been on the lake before and I was wondering if there were any rocky banks or just grass/reeds? And with this cold snap, I would assume that the plant would be running? At least for a couple of days... any help appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

Re: Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 02:54 AM

And feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here.
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 02:59 AM

Have not been in over a year but my understanding the coal burning plants shut down around the 1st of Jan.
1/2 way between the hot discharge and the intake there is a point that has some rocks (big rocks) if the lake is low they can be seen on the bank but there is more under on that point. If the lake is high you can see them on side scan. There is also a rip/rap dam can not miss it north side by the employees park
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 03:15 AM

the same cove that was mentioned above has a rip rap bank "dam" where the original discharge was built. there are rocks at the intake, in front of the power plant, along the east bank north and south of the plant, along the dam there are scatttered rocks. hydrilla can be found where ever you want to fish, growing out to about 6 feet. the was down about 18 inches two weeks ago. 60 degree water was found outside the discharge cove, the rest of the lake was about 56.

Re: Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 03:33 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Sucks that the plant isn't running.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 03:55 AM

RIP Fairfax
Posted By: addicted

Re: Any Rocks on Fairfield? - 01/16/18 01:26 PM

According to this article, if the Big Brown Plant is not sold, it will shut down Feb 12.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/bi...3e96540a6a.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum