Texas Fishing Forum

Swim bait storage

Posted By: Lbs4thewin

Swim bait storage - 01/15/18 04:47 AM

How in the heck is everyone storing swim baits? I have been leaving swim baits like the Keitech in the package and in long deep containers. Does anyone remove them from the packaging and store them in a sectioned off Plano box?
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/15/18 05:47 PM

I think you are doing the right thing. I have some shad body type swimbaits that came in a bag. Tails get all kinked after awhile. Anything in molded packaging, I think should stay in there. I have a handful of Z-Man swimbaits that I am trying to straighten out by handing them from their tails. They are not that expensive, I just hate to see them go in the trash.
Posted By: KC Injection Baits

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/15/18 09:26 PM

Drop the tail in boiling water for a few seconds, keep doing that until the tail falls out straight, and let it cool that way.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/15/18 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Lbs4thewin
How in the heck is everyone storing swim baits? I have been leaving swim baits like the Keitech in the package and in long deep containers. Does anyone remove them from the packaging and store them in a sectioned off Plano box?

store them in a sectioned off Plano box?

That's what I do. Seems to work good.
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/17/18 02:58 AM

Yes. I use those deep Plano Boxes. Never have a problem!
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/17/18 03:02 AM

Great tip KC!! Tried that on a few of mine and it worked like a champ.

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/17/18 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: KC Injection Baits
Drop the tail in boiling water for a few seconds, keep doing that until the tail falls out straight, and let it cool that way.

I meant to thank you as well

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/17/18 06:58 PM

Can you boil Elaztech?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Swim bait storage - 01/17/18 07:39 PM

Deep Plano box and lay it flat instead of standing it up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum