Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek Report

Posted By: cjbles

Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 02:19 AM

Heading to Squaw Creek, does anyone know what the fishing conditions have been? Water temp, clarity, fish locations?

Thanks,
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 02:25 AM

Closed Monday -Wednesday now. Just an FYI.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 02:55 AM

I've been staying deep. Fishing is tough right now. If you find some deep fish I'd just beat em up until 4 lol.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 03:07 AM

Water temp is low 70's near south end and mid to low 60's. Catching good numbers deep 35-45' but have to catch 30 before you run in to one over 3 lbs. Saw a few Giants on beds but either they've been caught already or have seen 75000 baits that day
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
Water temp is low 70's near south end and mid to low 60's. Catching good numbers deep 35-45' but have to catch 30 before you run in to one over 3 lbs. Saw a few Giants on beds but either they've been caught already or have seen 75000 baits that day

30-45ft deep! I'm going to need to put more line on the reels!

Never been to the lake but will give it a try on the 27th.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 03:17 PM

[/quote]

Never been to the lake but will give it a try on the 27th. [/quote]

Big tournament of squaw the 27th. The reservations are full..

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
Originally Posted By: John175 �

That's the one I'm learning to fish the Squaw. I hope the regulars are gentle with me. Got my reservation last week.

-Headlights off.
-Be ready before I get to the ramp.
-Dump boat and hitch a ride to my unmanned boat.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 04:25 PM

Fishing always gets tough when the spawn is on..... I feel for those fish, going to be beat to death over the next 2 months. Now that the big money tournaments are starting I'll bet the 25 lb bags start showing up again too.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 04:52 PM

That's the one I'm learning to fish the Squaw. I hope the regulars are gentle with me. Got my reservation last week.

-Headlights off.

Is this honestly expected? lol
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
Now that the big money tournaments are starting I'll bet the 25 lb bags start showing up again too.

I hope that correct, but unfortunately I think those size bags are things of the past.
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 06:12 PM

Same here
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 06:34 PM

Anyone know why they would not let anyone thru the gate Sunday until almost daylight. There was no fog. I heard a rumor that they are going to start doing that all of the time.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 07:15 PM

Took 17 1/2 to win our club tournament out there Saturday. 1/2oz jig and 6XD. My son won and beat me from the back of the boat. I had 5th with just under 13#. Caught most of mine on crank baits, nothing shallower than a 3XD, a jig, and one on a Tx rigged baby brush hog. I only caught 8 all day, all keepers. He caught 6, with 1 under. Out of 20 of us, 3 zeroed, several had 2 and 3 fish, and the top 4 went 17 1/2, 15ish, 14ish.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
Anyone know why they would not let anyone thru the gate Sunday until almost daylight. There was no fog. I heard a rumor that they are going to start doing that all of the time.

I usually fish on Thursdays, They always held us at the gate until we could just launch and go, usually about 7am after time change. Guess they do it different on the weekends due to the number of people expected?

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 07:27 PM

Yes..
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 07:38 PM

I really wished they wouldn't even let us launch until it was clear to get on the water and go.

That would cure the problem of their 100 boat shot gun start.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett

-Headlights off.

Is this honestly expected? lol

From you especially cause you know what your doing. Lol

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
I really wished they wouldn't even let us launch until it was clear to get on the water and go.

That would cure the problem of their 100 boat shot gun start.

3300 acre lake with a shotgun start!

Should be fun. roflmao
Posted By: J-2

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 10:27 PM

Now that the big money tournaments are starting I'll bet the 25 lb bags start showing up again too.

I hope that correct, but unfortunately I think those size bags are things of the past.

I agree. You just dont see many fish over 3-4lb showing up these days. All the pressure has taken its toll.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: J-2

I agree. You just dont see many fish over 3-4lb showing up these days. All the pressure has taken its toll.
Its not the pressure hurting it, I'm a firm believer it's the non fizzing taking its toll.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Its not the pressure hurting it, I'm a firm believer it's the non fizzing taking its toll.

Yup. That’s is certainly part of it.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/15/18 11:13 PM

Agreed. I had never fished a tourney there until last month...never seen so many floaters after a weigh-in. It's a shame.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 12:09 AM

Yep, running around all day with fish in the live well that need to be fizzed is not the best thing for the fish. At the rate that place is going to Hell next year 13 lbs will be winning.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 12:24 AM

I do know that there were some big bass caught that were between 7 to 9 lbs in September but the squaw people are a little concerned about the big bass not showing up.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 12:25 AM

Got myself some fizzing needles last week just in case I need to use them.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 12:37 AM

The rise and fall of Squaw.....hope those folks put back some of that killin' they're currently raking in by charging $30/boat, cuz it ain't gonna last much longer. I'll give it 2-3 more years. I would bet that 80% of the tournament fishermen doesn't know how to fizz a fish. If not, learn! It's pretty simple...

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 12:46 AM

I have both kinds of needs needles on my boat. One that can go through the mouth and I have 4 of the kind you use on the side.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 01:00 AM

Stop the bass tournaments!
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 01:01 AM

How deep is deep enough to need to fizz them? To be honest, I've never thought about it much (bc) I don't fish really deep.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Pico Pearch
How deep is deep enough to need to fizz them? To be honest, I've never thought about it much (bc) I don't fish really deep.
Dont go by how deep you catch them out there, go off there buoyancy in your livewell. I have had to fizz a lot of just caught out of 10ft, just depends they could of moved up out of 30+ ft to feed.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 01:43 AM

Dont go by how deep you catch them out there, go off there buoyancy in your livewell. I have had to fizz a lot of just caught out of 10ft, just depends they could of moved up out of 30+ ft to feed.

Yep, if you throw them right back they will go down 99 percent of time. When you put them in live well check after few minutes, if they are floating on side or belly up go ahead and fiz them right then. I'm a firm believer that after they have struggled in live well all day it's probably to late. They may swim off but the stress on their system will cause delayed mortality. Do it quick and you are good. Other people have said different but I'm pretty sure they are clueless.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: jiggmann
LOL, remember when they first re-opened in 2010 only tourneys allowed were supposed to be one for charitable cause... that didn't last long. Time before last seen a bunch of struggling fish that needed fizzing at the ramp.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 02:54 AM

Yep I remember! I hate seeing all the floaters after a tournament
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 02:57 AM

Agree. So dangerous. Or idle only until a horn/siren. Scary out there in the mornings.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 03:04 AM

It's not that scary. Man up
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 03:15 AM

I had to fizz every fish I put in livewell last weekend. Had needle ready and it only took a few seconds.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 03:19 AM

If you are fishing deep water good to pre-fizz your own self in case you fall in.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
It's not that scary. Man up

it's very dangerous.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

Yep, if you throw them right back they will go down 99 percent of time. When you put them in live well check after few minutes, if they are floating on side or belly up go ahead and fiz them right then. I'm a firm believer that after they have struggled in live well all day it's probably to late. They may swim off but the stress on their system will cause delayed mortality. Do it quick and you are good. Other people have said different but I'm pretty sure they are clueless.

this is true and I am not clueless. RIP LL records...
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Originally Posted By: jiggmann
LOL, remember when they first re-opened in 2010 only tourneys allowed were supposed to be one for charitable cause... that didn't last long. Time before last seen a bunch of struggling fish that needed fizzing at the ramp.

I do remember that now...

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 04:37 PM

If they'd start charging a $500 permit fee to have a non charity tournament on the lake most would go away...get into the the TD's wallet and the schedules for next year change real quick.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 04:49 PM

Saw 3 floaters on the points around the marina on Saturday. All good fish. One was 25 1/2 inches long! Looked like 8 or 9lber, hard to tell tho.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 05:45 PM

It WAS fun place to fish before all The PRO ‘S & Tournaments took it over , as always leave it too the all mighty $$$ , $crew$ every thing , what was it 2 day’s a week , 100 boats max. when it re opened .
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 05:46 PM

We had a limit by 8am @fish n chips and fizzed every fish. It really does help

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 05:58 PM

If they'd start charging a $500 permit fee to have a non charity tournament on the lake most would go away...get into the the TD's wallet and the schedules for next year change real quick.
some lakes already do that.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 06:00 PM

I believe Lavon does that (I may be mistaken)....... guess what lake you rarely ever see a derby on....... yep

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 06:16 PM

I'm going to give you a lesson in economics.

They require 500$ to host a tournament, all that'll happen is just raise the entry fees and or lower the payout and people will still fish just as many. I build homes for a living. When our cost goes up, we just pass it down in some form or fashion to the consumer as does just about any industry.

Only true change would be to manage the tournaments themselves as far as how many, when, and how often. Money wouldn't change a thing

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 09:11 PM

Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 09:37 PM

How is it that hard to fizz a fish that you see not doing well in the live well?? I don’t understand why this is even an issue.
Posted By: JWalls

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 09:56 PM

I do know the number of fish between 5 and 8 pounds being brought to weigh in has gone down. I am not sure if they are mostly dead and gone (killed by poor handling or old age) or if they have been enlightened by the number of baits they have bit and seen and just harder to catch. When it first reopened big ones were easy to catch shallow, then they were in 15 ft and now hard to catch in over 30.

There has been only two days since Oct. that there were more than 110 boats and one of them was Fish N Chips (Local Charity Tournament). Most weekends 40-50 of the people with a reservation do not show up. Media is only having one tournament and TTO is only good sized one that I have heard of this year. BLT is done. The opens are down and most only seem to have 25 boats or so in them. Some of them have gone to 3 fish and most of those guys are regulars and know how to fizz a fish. They would probably be out there fishing anyway. Blaming Pros and tournaments for the bigger bass not being caught and not including all the just for fun fisherman seems like a stretch. I have not heard of that on Rayburn, Toledo, Falcon and such. Speaking mainly to large fish dying in weigh-in from not being fizzed.

As to the fee to reduce tournaments. I think the tournaments have reduced themselves already. Does not seem fair to small clubs to have to pay a big fee to fish a warm water lake in winter. Still lots of keepers being caught. Only a couple of lakes in the state where most of fisherman have a limit at weigh in Jan. We got spoiled because of the lake not being fished for several years.

I think all lakes cycle. The bait fish grow good some years; the bass have good spawn other years. Fishing gets good, pressure comes, fishing gets bad pressure leaves. Starts over. Lots of variables. On Squaw these thing happen faster due to the year round warm water. Tilapia are a big issue in my opinion. They have helped some bass lakes like Falcon and wrecked others like Lake Calaveras. I like to blame them for reduction but it is all speculation.

I am curious to know how few tournaments a year the lake should have to bring back the larger bass and how that would be determined. Most clubs or opens do not check in with the park so I am not sure if anyone even knows how many have occurred over last few years.
Sorry cjbles we have gotten a little off topic on your post. I will shoot you a pm to answer that.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 09:59 PM

I've been going every week for the last month, i'm consistently catching 13 lbs. I just can't figure out how to get a good bite out there.
Posted By: JWalls

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 10:19 PM

We started counting how many we caught instead of best five weight because of similar weights. Have had over 100 on two occasions between two of us in last few weeks. 30-40 seems like a slow day. Too bad it is not a Major League Fishing format.
Posted By: EDO

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/16/18 11:01 PM

Last weekend most of the fish I put in live well were belly up fairly quick. Someone I trust told me to clip one or two alligator clip weights on anal fin and another weight on cull ring to keep nose down. I did this to all fish in the box, checked often and unclipped all weights a few minutes before weigh in. Before they went into the bag all were in excellent condition swimming belly down. All swam away at release. Only had to fizz one of my partners fish. So it appears that if you can keep them in the correct position they will equalize their bladder. Sound correct? Viable option to fizzing?
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 01:05 AM

Yes of course the tourneys and turnouts are down. This just didn't happen. This is a result of the last 3 years. I have been yelling the last few years on here about the multiple tourneys WEEKLY (Sat and Sun) that was occurring on a 3 month stretch that was taken place, but nobody wanted to listen. You can blame it on fizzing, fish care, its doesn't matter, too many tourneys...Speaking of which, where are those guys that held the weekly tourneys, where is their input now.....nothing!! Its good for the fish population [censored]!! Good for your pocket! Go look at my previous post, the lake had great potential for Texas, as usual we don't take care of anything.

Any idea if a fish can be fizzed multiple times and survive?? No studies on this. We cant control nothing but ourselves and we didn't, RIP 25# bag Squaw Creek.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: EDO
Last weekend most of the fish I put in live well were belly up fairly quick. Someone I trust told me to clip one or two alligator clip weights on anal fin and another weight on cull ring to keep nose down. I did this to all fish in the box, checked often and unclipped all weights a few minutes before weigh in. Before they went into the bag all were in excellent condition swimming belly down. All swam away at release. Only had to fizz one of my partners fish. So it appears that if you can keep them in the correct position they will equalize their bladder. Sound correct? Viable option to fizzing?
Seems like a lot to do when I can fizz one in just a few seconds & be done.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 12:06 PM

thumb Thanks for the fizzing heads-up. Tournament angler fish care is a must if we expect to be able to continue having tournaments.

I check on my fish often throughout the day and ensure they are doing well. Good thread for reminding us all to care for our catch.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 12:29 PM

wow
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: JWalls
I do know the number of fish between 5 and 8 pounds being brought to weigh in has gone down. I am not sure if they are mostly dead and gone (killed by poor handling or old age) or if they have been enlightened by the number of baits they have bit and seen and just harder to catch. When it first reopened big ones were easy to catch shallow, then they were in 15 ft and now hard to catch in over 30.

There has been only two days since Oct. that there were more than 110 boats and one of them was Fish N Chips (Local Charity Tournament). Most weekends 40-50 of the people with a reservation do not show up. Media is only having one tournament and TTO is only good sized one that I have heard of this year. BLT is done. The opens are down and most only seem to have 25 boats or so in them. Some of them have gone to 3 fish and most of those guys are regulars and know how to fizz a fish. They would probably be out there fishing anyway. Blaming Pros and tournaments for the bigger bass not being caught and not including all the just for fun fisherman seems like a stretch. I have not heard of that on Rayburn, Toledo, Falcon and such. Speaking mainly to large fish dying in weigh-in from not being fizzed.

As to the fee to reduce tournaments. I think the tournaments have reduced themselves already. Does not seem fair to small clubs to have to pay a big fee to fish a warm water lake in winter. Still lots of keepers being caught. Only a couple of lakes in the state where most of fisherman have a limit at weigh in Jan. We got spoiled because of the lake not being fished for several years.

I think all lakes cycle. The bait fish grow good some years; the bass have good spawn other years. Fishing gets good, pressure comes, fishing gets bad pressure leaves. Starts over. Lots of variables. On Squaw these thing happen faster due to the year round warm water. Tilapia are a big issue in my opinion. They have helped some bass lakes like Falcon and wrecked others like Lake Calaveras. I like to blame them for reduction but it is all speculation.

I am curious to know how few tournaments a year the lake should have to bring back the larger bass and how that would be determined. Most clubs or opens do not check in with the park so I am not sure if anyone even knows how many have occurred over last few years.
Sorry cjbles we have gotten a little off topic on your post. I will shoot you a pm to answer that.

I agree 100%

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 01:41 PM

I am pretty sure all of the net caster are keeping them. Get them off of the lake and I will bet you see an improvement over time. They have personally laid waste to several of my spots.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 02:41 PM

I am pretty sure all of the net caster are keeping them. Get them off of the lake and I will bet you see an improvement over time. They have personally laid waste to several of my spots.
I've never seen a single one there, now at fairfield thats a different story.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
I've never seen a single one there, now at fairfield thats a different story.
I see 5 to 6 boats with 4 to 5 in the boat everytime I go. realmad
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 02:56 PM

Go to paper tournaments only.
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 04:00 PM

The best way to ensure no fish are harmed is to not fish. Everyone has that choice. I read a study a few weeks ago that indicated that the mortality rate on just catching and releasing (due to deep hooked or tongue hooked fish)combined with the fish that you break off while fishing is just as high as the mortality rate caused by weigh in's at tournaments. Some fish for fun, some fish to keep and clean and eat the fish and some fish for tournament competition.....but the simple fact is that if you fish, you ARE going to kill fish.

Personally, I don't know of any tournament fishermen that fish the larger tournaments with bigger payouts that don't do everything they can to ensure the survival of their fish. Those pointing fingers at big tournaments, too many tournaments, etc.....need to focus on what they do and understand that they cause death in fishing as well simply by hooking and releasing and/or breaking off fish. Just because you don't enjoy what some of us enjoy doesn't mean that you are doing any less harm. Best way for YOU to ensure that you are doing all that you can do to not harm any fish is to go golfing instead.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 06:33 PM

Unfortunately I’ve killed quite a few things golfing as well. On a serious note perhaps part of the Squaw problem may be too many bass 3 lbs & under for the lake to support. I haven’t been in a long time but everyone seems to be catching large numbers per trip for several years now...maybe there are too many of that size class.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: JeffLStevens
The best way to ensure no fish are harmed is to not fish. Everyone has that choice. I read a study a few weeks ago that indicated that the mortality rate on just catching and releasing (due to deep hooked or tongue hooked fish)combined with the fish that you break off while fishing is just as high as the mortality rate caused by weigh in's at tournaments. Some fish for fun, some fish to keep and clean and eat the fish and some fish for tournament competition.....but the simple fact is that if you fish, you ARE going to kill fish.

Personally, I don't know of any tournament fishermen that fish the larger tournaments with bigger payouts that don't do everything they can to ensure the survival of their fish. Those pointing fingers at big tournaments, too many tournaments, etc.....need to focus on what they do and understand that they cause death in fishing as well simply by hooking and releasing and/or breaking off fish. Just because you don't enjoy what some of us enjoy doesn't mean that you are doing any less harm. Best way for YOU to ensure that you are doing all that you can do to not harm any fish is to go golfing instead.

Well said I agree with you 100% .
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 08:08 PM

The millions and millions of re-producing, fry/plankton/bait eating, Tilapia are the problem. All the decline coincides with their population explosion. If they would shock for them, and give to the needy, the lake would heal itself.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs

I agree 100%

I agree too.
But I think the lake is going through a cycle. I read the average life span of a bass is about 16 years, considering that number is based a regular non power plant lake. I wonder if that number goes down in a hot water lake like squaw creek? I'm no expert though. Just Relax LOL I also agree we got really spoiled when the lake opened back up.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225
Originally Posted By: James Biggs

I agree 100%

I agree too.
But I think the lake is going through a cycle. I read the average life span of a bass is about 16 years, considering that number is based a regular non power plant lake. I wonder if that number goes down in a hot water lake like squaw creek? I'm no expert though. Just Relax LOL I also agree we got really spoiled when the lake opened back up.

I agree as well. My guess is the average life expectancy of a bass on a powerplant lake is 40% of that. They live fast, love hard, & die young.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/17/18 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

I agree as well. My guess is the average life expectancy of a bass on a powerplant lake is 40% of that. They live fast, love hard, & die young.

I've gotten to know the TPWD Biologist for the area that includes Cypress Springs, Monticello and Bob Sandlin (Tim Bister) pretty well and he said about the same thing. The reason you don't see DD's coming from most power plant lakes is because they simply don't live long enough to get there. I haven't been on Squaw in years so have no idea what's happened out there. It sounds like there are several factors in play but unless they've done a recent survey there won't be any real science to back up any of the numerous opinions. I just hope it rebounds for those that fish it all the time. I don't go over there because I always forget to turn my lights off when backing down the ramp. bolt

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/18/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
I don't go over there because I always forget to turn my lights off when backing down the ramp. bolt

I don't mind people not turning off their headlights. I have a set of LED spotlights as my backup lights on my trailer.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/18/18 02:02 AM

went to squaw last summer and the water temp was 108 how can they survive in that????

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/18/18 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Champion1
went to squaw last summer and the water temp was 108 how can they survive in that????

By going down 80' deep and heading north
Posted By: LvilleLrat

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/18/18 04:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1BqpnVhr4&feature=share

Some helpful info on how to fizz.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Squaw Creek Report - 01/24/18 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Scoundrel
Unfortunately I’ve killed quite a few things golfing as well. On a serious note perhaps part of the Squaw problem may be too many bass 3 lbs & under for the lake to support. I haven’t been in a long time but everyone seems to be catching large numbers per trip for several years now...maybe there are too many of that size class.

OK, let's be serious. Your golf game needs a lot of help. roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum