Texas Fishing Forum

Just an FYI (tackle storage)

Posted By: LearnedHat

Just an FYI (tackle storage) - 01/09/18 09:04 PM

Costco has 5 Plano 705 XLs for $20. They usually range from $8 to $11 each.
And if you have a Michels close by, they had Plano XXL Pro Latch Utility Box 7080 for $5.99 each and they usually run $15 to $18. They were low on stock though.

Disclosure: They do have pinks and oranges and pink latches and so forth because they are sold by Creative Options Crafts which must be Plano Molding's craft line. Still stamped with Plano Molding and the model number though.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Just an FYI (tackle storage) - 01/09/18 09:47 PM

Walmart was selling some huge boxes with movable/removable dividers for $7–look to be designed for storing Christmas ornaments. Very good latches.
They are about 3X the size as the Plano XL boxes

Picked one up (wish I’d bought 2 or 3)
Perfect for big topwaters, swimbaits, jigs, etc

Size comparison to the Plano spinnerbait/buzzbait box

Posted By: ratandjmt

Re: Just an FYI (tackle storage) - 01/10/18 06:54 PM

I like that you labeled the individual sections. I saw these the other day and didn't even think of picking one up to do something like this. It would be nice for plastics. Right now I have 3 different containers in my boat. It would be nice to consolidate and separate by size and worms, stick-o's, lizards, flukes, ext.
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Just an FYI (tackle storage) - 01/10/18 06:59 PM

I am buying the size I am buying because my latest kick is to have a latching utility box that is as small as possible but still big enough to hold loose bags/packages of baits, a smaller terminal tackle box, and a utility box for "used/rigged/ beat up but still usable" baits. And I'll have one of those boxes for D-shot and one for swimbaits/paddle tails and one for C-Rig, etc.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum