Texas Fishing Forum

Spooking bass question

Posted By: demok83

Spooking bass question - 01/07/18 09:13 PM

In your opinion, does idling over a group of bass spook or startle them? For example, if I find bass clung to structure deep, do you guys think that idling over the top of them and dropping a buoy spooks them? Should I just come back later to the spot? Thanks in advance for your input.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Spooking bass question - 01/07/18 09:22 PM

no, if it did you probably wasn't going to catch them anyway
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Spooking bass question - 01/07/18 10:32 PM

No
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Spooking bass question - 01/07/18 11:20 PM

I used to wonder the same thing. Then one day at Fork a guy ran on pad right by us. My buddy cussed him and threw his C rig at him as he sped past. The bait literally landed in the bubbles from the prop wash. He picked up on the bait and a fish had it. The fish went 8.89. The water could not have been more than 6 feet deep!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Spooking bass question - 01/07/18 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I used to wonder the same thing. Then one day at Fork a guy ran on pad right by us. My buddy cussed him and threw his C rig at him as he sped past. The bait literally landed in the bubbles from the prop wash. He picked up on the bait and a fish had it. The fish went 8.89. The water could not have been more than 6 feet deep!

I believe it. Sometimes I can sit on a spot without a bite until a boat cruises by or over them. Then tap tap.

I've also smashed my boat almost on top of bass....in 2 ft of water and punched mats directly underneath the boat and within a foot of the sides of the boat and caught great fish. It was even a winning pattern for me one weekend. I could have won that day with a 4 ft cane pole. No casting all day.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Spooking bass question - 01/07/18 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

That's why trolling is illegal in tournaments.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum