Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount.

Posted By: Lbs4thewin

Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/06/18 03:58 AM

I’m looking to purchase new helix unit and humminbird doesn’t offer a trolling motor mount kit with the units? I’n curious what everyone does normally. Does everyone purchase the unit and then ship back the transducer for exchange for the correct one? Seems a bit silly, especially if ordered online, it could be a month or more from purchase to the time I could mount the unit?
Posted By: CowboyVet

Re: Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/06/18 04:18 AM

Use the transducer that came with it and get a bracket from transducer shield and saver. Call them with the specs on the transducer so you get the proper bracket.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/06/18 05:22 AM

I buy the proper one for the trolling motor after having too many of the others break. If I'm not mistaken, you call and order it on the exchange program and they mail it out and you mail yours in. I don't believe you have to wait until they get yours first before they ship. Shipping is only a couple of days. In the mean time if you have it linked to another humminbird you can share the other transducer.

It would be a stocking nightmare to have some units with one and others with the other. They'd have to stock twice as many or be out of the one you are looking for. Would be nice if it could be taken into a local retailer and exchanged.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/06/18 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: CowboyVet
Use the transducer that came with it and get a bracket from transducer shield and saver. Call them with the specs on the transducer so you get the proper bracket.

This = I just bought a transducer bracket and shield for my Helix 10 from them. They are amazing and their products have no equal. The lady that answers the phone ( yep a real person ) is very knowledgeable about all their products and will fit you with exactly what you need. I got mine stuff in 2 days and they're in Alabama.

334.514.7147 Mon. thru Fri.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/06/18 01:39 PM

First of all, the standard transducer for different models are different even if the technology is the same.
All units come with a transom transducer and for some models that transducer is not suitable for trolling motor mounting. The only ones that are suitable for both are the HDSI Side Imaging transducers and the MEGA SI transducers.
You should use the proper transducer for the application if you want the best results.

Humminbird's transducer exchange program consists of calling them to arrange for the exchange, send in your transducer, and they will ship when they received the transducer from you.
There may or may not be a cost difference, depends on which transducer model.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/06/18 03:22 PM

Ditch whatever mount you get with the transducer and give Transducer Shield and Saver a call. Or look them up online. You'll be glad you did.
Posted By: Lbs4thewin

Re: Humminbird trolling motor transducer mount. - 01/07/18 04:45 PM

Thanks for all your input!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum