Texas Fishing Forum

Legend V20 or V21 owners....

Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/04/18 08:44 PM

Looking for feedback from owners. Anything you can tell me about your experience is appreciated. Post or PM me. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/04/18 08:50 PM

I have the V21... 0 complaints here... tons of storage and deck space... great ride to
Posted By: Jeff F

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/04/18 09:43 PM

Jerry,

I ordered a V21 6 weeks ago. Was called and delayed a month. THEN got a call today and was told that they are NOT building any more Legend Boats. So take that for what it's worth. It was a huge kick in the crotch to find the boat I've been planning for the last year to get, isn't gonna be made any more.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/04/18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff F
Jerry,

I ordered a V21 6 weeks ago. Was called and delayed a month. THEN got a call today and was told that they are NOT building any more Legend Boats. So take that for what it's worth. It was a huge kick in the crotch to find the boat I've been planning for the last year to get, isn't gonna be made any more.

Good ol Johnny
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/04/18 10:08 PM

Whatttttttt that’s not good
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 05:28 AM

Can't imagine they would just shut it down.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 03:44 PM

So is that the end of Legend boats?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 03:55 PM

Legend web site still up and running. No other shutdown articles on net. confused

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 04:29 PM

I wonder if they will just change the name and tweek the boat.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 04:33 PM

I wonder is Vexus bought the rights to them.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 04:38 PM

Jerry,

My guess is they will shut down the old Ranger factory and move it to the current Legend factory. Legend built a state of the art modern 115,000 sq ft facility about five years ago in Midway Ark.

Legend may very well go the way of Champion. Sad news but mine is paid for. I have no immediate plans to buy a new boat. I hardly have time to use the one I have now. I suspect resale prices will remain strong on the used Legends as everyone knows the build quality is second to none.

As with anything else, a boat is worth what someone is willing to pay. Used Champions are like gold. Folks pay premium prices to get them.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
I wonder is Vexus bought the rights to them.

They tried but Johnny out bid them
Posted By: 361V

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 05:46 PM

Legend: I love their boats. Another high end quality product with a good reputation for customer service bites the dust. Sad. Brutal business!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 06:07 PM

On another forum it has been said that there is now a Triton banner at the Legend boat facility. Maybe they will incorporate the 2, who knows.
Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 07:38 PM

Ok everyone... Legend Boats are not going anywhere! Straight from the horses mouth, "They just had a board meeting and they are RAMPING UP productions of the Legend V models". "They are still building one boat per day (5 day week)".

They are building Legends and Triton boats in the same factory now.

Dealers have been told back in December... that they could not take anymore orders for 2018 Legends, Temporarily. Dealers are being notified this week that the factory is now back in full production mode after the Christmas shut down.

This is the truth from Legend Management! So stop all the BS going around that Legend has closed their doors, that was started by Legend haters. Some people just can't handle the truth...
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat
Ok everyone... Legend Boats are not going anywhere! Straight from the horses mouth, "They just had a board meeting and they are RAMPING UP productions of the Legend V models". "They are still building one boat per day (5 day week)".

Dealers have been told back in December... that they could not take anymore orders for 2018 Legends, Temporarily. Dealers are being notified this week that the factory is now back in full production mode after the Christmas shut down.

This is the truth from Legend Management! So stop all the BS going around that Legend has closed their doors, that was started by Legend haters. Some people just can't handle the truth...

Actually Paul, I don't think anyone was hating on Legend at all. The guy named "JEFF" above is the one that made a statement about Legend. And he bought a V boat.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 09:06 PM

below is a quote from a guy that purchased a Legend boat, I would not think one that is a "Legend hater", as you put it, would have purchased a boat.

Originally Posted By: Jeff F
Jerry,

Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 09:17 PM

Yea I don’t understand that. Jeff F is a really close friend of mine and I was actually his first phone call after Sartin marine called him and told him that the plant is shut down and his boat is not going to be getting built anytime soon. They had no idea of a date of when production will start up again. So no they are not building boats right now because his was next in line and got snipped. When will it open back up? No idea but that left a bad taste in Jeff’s mouth and I don’t blame him.

He is devastated by this news. He wanted nothing more to have that V21 sitting in his driveway right now! I don’t know who your source is, but his legend dealer is the one who notified him.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 09:44 PM

thumb thanks for clearing up the Triton part and that they are still in business. Guys on other forums will be happy to hear it.
Posted By: RW1984

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 10:14 PM

FWIW...someone on the Legend owners Facebook page said a dealer told him today they were notified to start taking orders again. Same dealership was told previously that orders were suspended and was lead to believe they were shutting Legend down.

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 10:21 PM

Guys... I'm not calling out anyone, especially another Legend owner. What I am addressing are those that continue to push the rumor mill with "what they think or what they think they heard or what a friend of a friend said". If you don't have first hand knowledge, then why continue what might be a lie until you've verified it.

The Legend plant is in the middle of ramping up production of Legend boats. Over the next few weeks, there will be a shut down or limited production in progress due to "expansion" of the facility and installing 3 more paint booths. This has been going on for a while. But they are at that point where they have to make room, and they have lots of room, to install the paint booths. While that is going on, it will impact production as it is extremely difficult to continue production while these booths are being installed, tested and approved for use.

BTW, the equipment that has been purchased and been utilized by Legend boats for manufacturing, is garnished by boat builders as the best in the industry. Yes, even better equipment than used by Ranger or anyone else. I can speculate that this was one of the reasons White Water Marine Group wanted the Legend brand and facility itself. There are no plans to discontinue the Legend brand. Additionally, separate from the sale, WWMG also purchased additional land with intentions for further expansion.

I can not confirm this but there will probably be two lines for Legend and two for Triton or three for Legend and one for Triton. This is pure speculation on my part, not a fact.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 10:23 PM

Sounds like a case of poor communication between the Legend factory and it's dealer network. And that ladies and gentlemen is how rumors get started.

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
Sounds like a case of poor communication between the Legend factory and it's dealer network. And that ladies and gentlemen is how rumors get started.

That is correct TTID... The dealers have limited knowledge of what goes on at the factory during a time like this of transition. All they know is that the method of ordering boats has changed significantly and will take a while to understand the new process.

The factory is already behind in production and this period of limited production will hurt, but, once they get all four lines up and running in a month... Look Out, they will catch up pretty dang quick.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 10:37 PM

Sounds like your response should have been to Legend bread and dealers so they were on the same page. Hopefully they stay around for a long time and keep the same quality and maybe even produce more annually
Posted By: Jeff F

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/05/18 11:45 PM

I started this string because I got the call from the dealer and was told that my Legend that has been on order since the first of November was not going to be built. And that Legend was closing the Legend productions. This wasn't a case of internet BS. To be fair, I got another call today that was a different discussion. I feel bad for my dealer who had to make the same call that he made to me to 3 others. Obviously someone above him was misinformed. So keep . Was reporting the most up to date and accurate information available at that time. I sincerely hope that the news I got today is accurate because it was a punch to the gut when I got the call.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/06/18 12:20 AM

Well, You are still next in line for the next boat made aren't you? That would be good news.
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/06/18 01:42 AM

My email to Kody and his response below:

Hi John,

At the time of acquisition, Mr. John Morris along with Les Crawford, President of White River Marine Group issued a letter to current Legend Dealers stating their commitment to the brand and the folks behind it. This letter has been posted around the community and can be found on most of the major fishing news outlets. Since then, we've introduced the new 2018 V-20, a complete redesign of our most popular model, and also introduced a new line of premium apparel on our website.

We're still building Legends in Midway, and look forward to the future.

Kody Bradbury
Brand ManagerLegend Boats
870.***.6750
ridewithalegend.com

On Wed, User <john> wrote:

Name - John
Email - john
Message - Good evening,

Are you all ever going to formally announce if White River Marine Group is going to keep the Legend brand alive longterm or if they plan on phasing it out? By not saying anything people are assuming the brand is going away. By not saying anything results in my V20 value is going downhill quickly not allowing me to sell it so I can then by a 2018 model. Please be honest with the public, current Legend owners deserve that.

Respectfully,
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/06/18 04:26 AM

Guys... I'm not calling out anyone, especially another Legend owner. What I am addressing are those that continue to push the rumor mill with "what they think or what they think they heard or what a friend of a friend said". If you don't have first hand knowledge, then why continue what might be a lie until you've verified it.

I mean when the owner of the purchasing dealer calls you and said that he received a call from Legend and it turns out that Legend has stopped production on current order boats, with no timeline if the plant will/if ever reopen. That’s not much of a rumor mill. Trust me that purchasing dealer wants that boat to be built and sold more than the buyer wants it in his possession I’ll guarantee you that. He would never want to make that phone call to a customer if he didn’t get that news from legend. Apparently another phone call was made and the purchasing dealer was misinformed and that boat is going to be built in the near future. That’s just a bad way to do business if you ask me. No fault to the legend brand but someone dropped the ball.

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/07/18 05:23 PM

popcorn
Posted By: C130

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/07/18 05:32 PM

You would think they would have stopped orders if necessary but completed the orders already received. Too many other great choices to be dealing this type of customer service, at least to me there is.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/07/18 11:43 PM

......so you getting a new Legend? Or what!

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 01:42 AM

Jerry open that fat wallet and let some of those moths out and buy you a new boat
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 02:53 AM

Chill out bud. The guy was literally trying to buy a Legend boat. My goodness...
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 02:07 PM

I don't get why you wouldn't want the reigning classic champ in your brand if your not going to keep it around for the long haul, I think there must be some mixed messages about what was intended to happen with the brand after the former owner sold to Johnny Morris...
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Jerry open that fat wallet and let some of those moths out and buy you a new boat

Jerry started this thread and probably hasn't looked at it since then... roflmao
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Jerry started this thread and probably hasn't looked at it since then... roflmao

He has been watching. He and I have been talking about this on a regular basis.

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 06:05 PM

I know you miss me Tom. eek I am lurking around still. Would like to hear from some actual owners especially the V21 guys about their experience with the boat.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
I know you miss me Tom. eek I am lurking around still.

Come home Jerry. All is forgiven! roflmao I agree with Doug. Go buy a boat! cheers
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/08/18 08:36 PM

I purchased my new V-20 last March and have loved every about it. Have had some issues with the Humminbirds not working correctly but that has nothing to do with the boat itself. The ride is great...its not going to beat a Bullet in a race but it rides really well and comfortably. The storage is insane including what my friend Heath calls the storm shelter, which is the center storage compartment. The deck is obviously very large and roomy. Live wells are large and really well circulated and aerated. There is really easy access to batteries, bilge pump, etc. There's also are small "fine touches" like 4 USB phone charger plug ins and LED courtesy lights on the front deck and in storage compartments and live wells.

Only things I would change about the boat would be the addition of vented storage areas similar to Skeeter's and would move the plug in for charging the batteries. It's right behind the drivers seat vs on the back of the boat.
Posted By: big marc09

Re: Legend V20 or V21 owners.... - 01/10/18 05:45 AM

I have 2017 v21 best boat on the market not a fast boat but I haven't caught 1 fish running 60 mph across the lake an it takes big water like a dream love it to me best boat out there. Hope this help
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum