Texas Fishing Forum

Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL

Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/30/17 10:30 PM

Folks after doing this for two years as a co I made the decision to run my boat this year, not that I am that great, probably should pick out who to give my money to, but I need to be in control of how I run in rough water. Don't get me wrong, every boater I had was outstanding, some days the conditions made it tougher.

For this one though, bring the right dang clothes. I will not put my second console in, takes up to much room, a large percentage of the boats will not have one. So essentially you will be subjected to wind chills that will be pretty dang nasty, and miserable. If you don't have a Goretex rain suit, at least get a jacket, good gloves, a face shield, head wear, hand warmers, insulated boots, wool socks and well if you are a guy, fuzzy under britches. I won't run 70, maybe, but I also plan on running to where I want to fish to maximize my time on the water. If it's rough, I won't, but you then run a chance of getting sprayed. I'm not trying to be a butt head, just stating facts.

Fishing wise I have no clue as of today, I have a general idea of what I am going to do, but won't know until I leave Umphrey. Water temps yesterday were low 50's, it could be in the 40's by Saturday. Them cold blooded green fish are not gonna be happy!!

And to all participants, be safe folks. See you Friday evening.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/30/17 11:20 PM

Best time of the year on Big Sam, lots of options to put a good bag in the boat
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/30/17 11:58 PM

Same guys who always catch them will. Same spots, nothing ever really changes, just the amount of guys donating. I don't suggest beating the bank with a trap
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/31/17 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Same guys who always catch them will. Same spots, nothing ever really changes, just the amount of guys donating. I don't suggest beating the bank with a trap

All those big sacks of "trap" fish always end up needing to be fizzed roflmao
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/31/17 01:10 AM

Exactly....but there are times when it's good. You know the high school captains will be beating the grass to death
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/31/17 03:18 AM

There will be lines of boats following each other slinging the same red traps. The trap bite will get good at some point but there's a few normal guys that can hammer them when it's cold.
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Open Letter to Co-Anglers for the 1/6/18 BFL - 12/31/17 04:01 AM

Brush piles in 25-30 foot anyone?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum