Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek fishing report?

Posted By: parkershinsky

Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/27/17 05:10 PM

Planning on fishing squaw creek on the 6th. Any advice or reports on the lake would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/27/17 05:35 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/27/17 06:15 PM

Numbers have been up for fish in the 2.5 to 3.5 range this year. you can catch them really good just about anywhere on the lake . The cove just south of the Island has been really good as well as the coves down south by the powerlines. the area right before the river has been good too around the the deep trees on the banks. Top waters in or near the trees have been producing well too! points have been hit or miss, but you can usaully find a good school sitting on one and catch a lot of "cookie cutter" 2.5-3.5 pound fish. texas rigs , C-rigs, drop shots,spoons and jigs have all been producing fish. just fish your strengths and you will catch fish. good luck.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/27/17 06:44 PM

I wish I could find one over 3 lbs
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/27/17 09:13 PM

small fish, small fish, and small fish.
Posted By: stetson

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 12:44 AM

Wish I could find those 3.5s now can catch 2-2-2.8s all day
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: stetson
Wish I could find those 3.5s now can catch 2-2-2.8s all day

Oh c'mon dude!! haha
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 11:51 AM

For the good fish you need to be out in the deep rock piles
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
For the good fish you need to be out in the deep rock piles

How deep 20+? IM going tomorrow.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 02:30 PM

Full moon is Monday. There will be a bunch of fish moving up shallow with the water temps at 68 to 78.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 10:59 PM

Went today and it sucked. Not many fish shallow
Posted By: Raettig

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 11:41 PM

Was there a fog delay today?
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/28/17 11:57 PM

No
Posted By: Raettig

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/29/17 12:01 AM

Thanks for info.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/29/17 12:02 AM

Just follow the boats that turn off their lights before they launch and don't launch their boat, just let it slide off after backing in. Guaranteed on fish
Posted By: GROD

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/29/17 12:57 AM

Caught some good chunks today... all on soft plastics... 5-25 ft...
Posted By: buda13

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/29/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Raettig
Was there a fog delay today?

I was 6th in line yesterday, they held us for about 10 minutes after we launched before giving the green light. Not really much of a delay, think there was more fog on the water around 11am than at first light. We had a great morning, only fished 3 rods and caught the bejesus out of the 2-3 lb fish. Had one fish I saw roll on a big swimbait by the boat that was easily over 5 lbs, but that was the only big fish I saw all day and she didn't actually eat the bait. Spinnerbait, Pop R, and swimbait. What area of the lake didn't seem to matter, we caught fish from the far south end all the way up the buoys by the creek with the rock house... didn't go any further north than that. Forgot how hard those squaw fish pull, freaking tanks!

Had to call it quits about 1330, my partner fell out once his feet got so cold they went numb. Kind of a funny story, the whole way there he was bragging about these new socks he had that were the warmest and driest socks on the planet. roflmao
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: Squaw Creek fishing report? - 12/30/17 12:39 AM

It was decent today. Mid lake seemed to hold the best numbers. Think cloud cover has them scattered
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum