Texas Fishing Forum

Fairfield report???

Posted By: DieselP2

Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 03:25 PM

Anybody been recently? Haven't been in about 4 years and was looking for a Squaw alternative. Thanks
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 03:39 PM

pretty slow last time I was there
Posted By: MikeW07

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 03:58 PM

Went on the 15th pretty slow for me too - did catch a bunch of small ones in the discharge but nothing really anywhere else - if you planning a trip soon check the website - pretty sure they are currently closed for the deer hunt
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 05:10 PM

Drop Shot everything and everywhere (Points)
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 06:15 PM

youth hunt ends today and then there is another jan 1 thru the 3rd
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 07:28 PM

Pm sent.
Posted By: Firebassin

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/22/17 09:53 PM

Anyone know what the water temp has been out there?

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/23/17 01:43 AM

Mid to upper 60's last weekend.

I'm going tomorrow. Looking for another 80+ fish day. That lake has been CRUSHING my line lately. Who would EVER want to hassle with Squaw , the reservations, the entry fee, the KVD wannabes, and the 2 pound lameness. 25 pound sacks are what's in the money on Fairfield lately.
Posted By: Freecobasser

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/27/17 10:00 PM

PM sent
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/27/17 10:16 PM

Anything new to report
Posted By: Firebassin

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/27/17 10:31 PM

I went last weekend and was able to catch some smaller fish flipping jigs but no good ones. I’m definitely curious to know how people are catching the better fish right now. especially the 25 pound sacks mentioned above
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/27/17 11:28 PM

Dumb question I know, but I just want to be sure: you guys are talking about the Fairfield Lake where Fairfield State Park is, right? The reason I ask is the TPWD page for Fairfield Lake acts like the fishing there is dead yet I see these kinds of reports...
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/28/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger
Dumb question I know, but I just want to be sure: you guys are talking about the Fairfield Lake where Fairfield State Park is, right? The reason I ask is the TPWD page for Fairfield Lake acts like the fishing there is dead yet I see these kinds of reports...

It's almost like TPWD or whoever writes those reports is afraid to take down the reports of fish kills in 2004 or whenever.

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/28/17 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger
it's anything but dead.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Fairfield report??? - 12/28/17 03:25 AM

I fished it 4 or 5 times last winter and had a blast. Caught several in the 5 to 6 lb range, lots in the 3 lb range.. jigs, spinnerbaits, and swimbaits in water 3 to 10 feet of water. Lots of grassj, reeds and brush. Other than not catching anything larger than 6, it was better than Martin Creek hands down and almost as good as Monti to me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum