Texas Fishing Forum

A shout out to marine dealer

Posted By: Thad Rains

A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:14 AM

My friend had some work done to his boat by David Goodson of Shut Up and Fish. He took his boat in for some installs of some electronics and a new trolling motor. Took it in Monday morning and got it back Tuesday morning with everything done as he wanted, and a professional job at that. Said David went above and beyond his stated goal and satisfied his customer to no end and did such a beautiful job that it looked like it was installed by the factory. He had 2 Said it looked like a professional job and could not tell it from a factory job. He also got a Ulltrex Minn cota troing morer installed for less than face value, he said. He had priced it at over $10,000 before he took it to David and he got it back in the low 7000 range, so GREAT GREAT and A GREAT PRICE to boot. Said it looked factory installed and such a quick turn around, too. So codoes to David and his crew for such great quick work. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rainhs
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:22 AM

Damn dude.....you better get to spell checking and editing. You even misspelled your own name! Lol
Not very typical of your posts.

Fun-N-Sun is a pretty good place to do business. I only wish they were closer to where I live.

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:24 AM

Sorry, I had a stroke last Thrusday and I am trying to slowly work my way back. Sorry I messed up and didn't do things correctly.

TR
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
Sorry, I had a stroke last Thrusday and I am trying to slowly work my way back. Sorry I messed up and didn't do things correctly.

TR
holy moly! Serious?! Glad you're still here! I always respect your opinions on fishing.

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:35 AM

Thanks, going back to the doctor to see if I can get an MRI done w/o an appointment tomorrow. I have 3 doctor friends and they all say I had a srong, to get to the hospital and get some test run. Trying to make do, until I can get the test run, an MRI, I think. I had a brief deal of not seeing well, but I have had bad headackes (sp) to see what is what tomorrow. Still driving, but things are slowly getting worse, so I need to go see the doctor tomorrow. Tried today and got the run around from my PMP, so I am going directly to teh hospital this time. Happened last Thrusday. THANKS for your thoughts and prayers.

tr
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:41 AM

Sorry to hear this Thad, prayers for you.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 02:41 AM

Man...get better Thad.David is good people
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 03:49 AM

Hang in there Thad.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 05:41 AM

Good luck Thad. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on and get you back to 100%.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 06:59 AM

Praying for you Thad.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 10:33 AM

Best to you Thad.

You can guarantee to get good work and a good price from David.
Posted By: 361V

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/22/17 12:28 PM

Thad, I thought you were making a bad joke. You're serious. 30 years(and counting) as a firefighter/medic I've learned/seen a few things. You don't "wait for an appointment" with a suspected stroke! Great strides have been made in emergency medicine recently in the area of CVA/strokes. Amazing things can be done with clot busting meds IF they are administered within hours not days. Dude: good luck and go the hospital! 361v
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/23/17 05:56 AM

What he said. Get to the docs soon. Prayers sent
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/23/17 05:45 PM

Prayers, They did great work on my boat also.
Posted By: MillerTimeFishing

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/23/17 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Damn dude.....you better get to spell checking and editing. You even misspelled your own name! Lol
Not very typical of your posts.

Fun-N-Sun is a pretty good place to do business. I only wish they were closer to where I live.

good job forum police chief

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/24/17 04:57 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments and prayers. I went to the doctor, actually emergency room in Lubbock and got some good help. They let me out tonight with promises to get more help when the offices opened up after Christmas. Said I had a mild stroke and my good overall health helped me mitigate the damage. SO, waiting on offices to open back up after Christmas to get some mroe help. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS and good thoughts.

Respectfully,

Thad Rains
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/24/17 04:59 AM

Prayers Thad!
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/24/17 02:59 PM

Get well soon.

Re: A shout out to marine dealer - 12/26/17 05:07 AM

THANKS to everyone for their PRAYERS!!!!!!!!! I am SLOWLY getting better and try not to push too hard, but advance a little each day. It is TUFF to not trust yourself like you used too do. But, such is life. I hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and is planning on a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!! Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum