Texas Fishing Forum

Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake

Posted By: opie

Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/19/17 06:31 PM

Im headed to Inks lake in the next few weeks. I would like to fish for guadalupe bass. I need advice on lures (can I use my black bass lures), line size anything would be helpful. I will be in my kayak. Thanks for the help. God Bless.
Posted By: Dosser

Re: Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/19/17 07:55 PM

I hope you are going before Jan 1st. The TPWD has a statement out about a draw down of 8ft from Jan 1st to Feb 18th. Says the ramp and everything will be closed. I don't know if that will affect you being in a kayak or not, but you might touch base with state park officials down there
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/19/17 09:13 PM

Don't know if you're tied down to Inks but have you considered Lake Travis for Guadalupe Bass? It's much better.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/19/17 09:16 PM

1/8oz leadhead jig, 2" smoke glitter grub.... Guadalupe city!!!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/19/17 10:54 PM

Typical light tackle stuff. Shaky heads with finesse works and small crankbait. They like small swimbaits like a keitech 4" too
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/19/17 11:59 PM

Instead of Inks, I'd go to Buchanan only 5 mins away. There are some huge guads in there! My buddy caught the lake record last year.

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...7_2245028818823[/img]
Posted By: Matt Newsom

Re: Guadalupe bass on Inks Lake - 12/20/17 02:23 PM

Travis is a great lake for Guads but you have to know how to fish them. Guads like crawfish a lot more than LMB so anything that mimics them is best. Dont just beat the bank like you would for LMB. Find main lake points ~30Ft of water with a drop off. Use your electronics to mark them then stop and drop right on top of them. Most succesfull stuff I have seen is a shaky head and a baby brush hog, jig with craw type trailer, or carolina rig.

Matt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum