Texas Fishing Forum

Throwin in the towel

Posted By: B-Deuces

Throwin in the towel - 12/15/17 04:50 PM

I need help on lewisville. It continuously kicks my butt. I cannot seem to get more than 1-2 bass on a trip. Can someone help with this??
Posted By: squib

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/15/17 05:57 PM

" If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire..."
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/15/17 06:30 PM

This time of year look for rocks. Shaky head and crank baits. The dam always holds fish. Squarebill on 35 rocks. It gets tougher as the water gets colder
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/15/17 08:00 PM

Have you been out there with James Biggs? If not, you might look into that...
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/15/17 09:49 PM

Everything said about is accurate. & yes I can help. I can help teach you to pattern not just fish spots on a lake.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/16/17 11:35 AM

Can be tough. And ditto for using James Biggs’ services. He’ll help you eliminate a ton of water and find the pattern that you can then duplicate on your own.

Let google earth be your friend during the drought years also.
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/16/17 02:45 PM

A team now thats a good one.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/16/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: squib
" If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire..."

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/16/17 09:46 PM

Past 3 days have kicked my butt on Lewy. Big cold front for 2 days and today was a heavy-ish south wind with mostly overcast skies and I could not figure them out. Not sure what to think. Maybe it’s me. Maybe it’s fishing. bang
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/16/17 09:50 PM

I think they are getting on a good finesse jig bite on the rocks

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/17/17 12:33 AM

They clearly weren’t commited to my 1/2 oz football jig! Shoulda downsized.
Posted By: squib

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/17/17 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Originally Posted By: squib

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

I think that is KVD in the middle in the back. He’s the one you want teaching you some shakey headin’.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/17/17 03:00 AM

“Pity the Fool” that fishes the frozen wasteland of LL.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/17/17 03:26 PM

Crank bait on rocks and a jerkbait is working good
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Throwin in the towel - 12/17/17 04:09 PM

caught a few yesterday on square bills and a 1/4 oz jig. nothing over 3 lbs but solid fish, the majority of them came on the jig. everything revolves around rocks right now, still getting 1 or 2 on a jerk bait too. you got to cover a lot of water to find the bite. good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum