Texas Fishing Forum

will you take your boat where the fish live?

Posted By: beartrap

will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 02:14 PM

one of our group caught a 13lb fish back in the thick stuff on a trip to guerrero several years ago and that inspired all of us to go back in the thick stuff........didn't catch one that big but my son and I caught several 5-7 lb fish back there..this is what my boat looked like after a day back in the brush...
got another picture someplace that I tried to find....it's a picture of that red ranger boat that turned gray after a trip down that road to tigers creek launch ramp on Falcon....that alkaline dust won't come off at the car wash...I had to take my boat home and scrub it off with a sponge and soapy water...
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 02:38 PM

YEP every time smile
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 02:41 PM

Of course.
Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 02:52 PM

Thats why I have a solid white boat. Scratches and dust don't show as bad grin
Posted By: GROD

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 02:59 PM

Can’t think of anywhere I wouldn’t take my boat...

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon
Thats why I have a solid white boat. Scratches and dust don't show as bad grin

agree with your choice of colors....had a sponsorship/demo boat deal with OMC/Javelin for several years and when OMC/Javelin folded,my dealer had this new 2 year old boat sitting on his lot and offered it to me at his cost...I didn't want a red boat but the price was too good to pass up...
Posted By: 361V

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 04:19 PM

That's what my boat looked like a few years ago when Falcon filled up past full after decades of low levels. Going back into the new flooded brush on the Mexican side had us coming out each time looking like you were stealing a cord of firewood. Can't buy a boat and then not go fish where the fish are.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 05:23 PM

Always, it's a bass boat not a pleasure cruiser!
Posted By: senko9S

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 05:27 PM

its been a decade since I washed my boat...
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 06:51 PM

Used to fill the boat up with that kinda stuff in the early years on RayBob.

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 09:15 PM

this is pic I mentioned in my original post.....my boat was nice and shiny until the wind on falcon forced us to launch in tiger creek for 2-3 days that week....note the wet spots under trolling motor head where water dripped down..I stopped at a car wash on the way home and all that did was lighten it up a little....had to use soapy water and sponge to scrub that alkali dust off....
p.s. we caught hell out of the fish that week in 2009..bass were on the bed and magic depth was 6 ft....drop a mag lizard down in a bush at that depth and hang on...
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 11:01 PM

Why wouldn’t you?
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/10/17 11:50 PM

That's what they're for , mine is like that almost every time I go out , it is made to catch fish and bring you back to the ramp .
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 12:12 AM

I'll admit it. It bothers me, anytime I put a scratch on my boat. I'm that guy that cleans his boat after every trip and sprays it down with Lucas Quick Wax. banana
I'll go where the fish are and cringe the whole time I hear rubbing and scratching.
Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 12:27 AM

And why do we put our rigs thru this? CAUSE IT'S WORTH IT!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 12:31 AM

Everytime it starts.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 01:12 AM

Is there any other way to fish? Took my knife out when I pulled it out of the dealership and put the first scratch in it myself. I take care of it so it runs right but I fish where I find them no matter how many scratches it gets.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 01:27 AM

Wool sure......
Posted By: Cmack

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 01:51 AM

A couple of my old Guerrero pics. Ain't skeerd at bit.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 01:57 AM

Freaking send it!
Posted By: rj74955

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 02:03 AM

Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 02:07 AM

When Choke Canyon opened, we used to pull enough mesquite out of our boats to BBQ with.

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Cmack

A couple of my old Guerrero pics. Ain't skeerd at bit.

looks exactly like brush I've fished on that lake...did you ever see Mexicans back there wading around and hand casting with beer can and mono line wrapped it casting lizards at bedding fish?...or trees full of snakes...or rattlesnakes swimming around?
Posted By: pil,b

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 03:29 AM

If your going to knit in it park it it in living room. bannana2
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 04:38 AM

Of course I will .....................as long as there a proper amount of H2O in the lake, No stumps, weeds, reeds, mill foil, hydrilla, rocks, a boat ramp with proper bumpers where I tie up, sirus radio reception is available , and HD 4K Tv is accessible....................other than that, I'm game.
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 12:32 PM

I go where the fish are but I suspect most that do are in older boats. I too clean mine everytime but still go,where others won’t. Might be gun shy in future as I have a new Phoenix 920 on order
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 02:17 PM

yeah, that why it looks like it is and hard to keep the boat registration stickers on the sides
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
yeah, that why it looks like it is and hard to keep the boat registration stickers on the sides

Exactly!!
Posted By: buda13

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 02:41 PM

Absolutely... I bought a fishing boat, if I just wanted to ride around and look good I'd have bought a cruiser.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: rj74955

I have been this guy, tell myself everytime never again.

I would rather take cinder blocks and cut limbs on the water next time
Posted By: rj74955

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 05:18 PM

Nothing to it, the blocks are already tied down, just roll it over the side. That boat is just for that purpose, I have to admit we don't do it out of our big boats lol.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/11/17 05:35 PM

In all honesty, probably not. It isnt the fear of scratching my boat, because I do that all the time, its is more the fear of damaging something that has to be repaired and then paying for that repair. I guess I am just not there yet. Luckily there are fish in other parts of the lake though.
Posted By: Can't fish

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/12/17 01:41 AM

Anywhere it can get to. Including I-10 in Houston when it was flooded a couple months back. But lately I've only been taking it where the fish aren't.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/12/17 02:00 AM

a boat is made to be scratched smile i'll go wherever the fish are as long as I don't get stuck.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/12/17 02:27 AM

My first trip to the Hwy 83 Bridge in Tiger Creek on Falcon with my less than 6mo. Old BC Cougar had me puckered up.
Posted By: bubbaque

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/13/17 03:41 AM

I drive down a 7 mile dirt road to fish stumps, I think I mean yes
Posted By: Workfishngolf37

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/13/17 01:28 PM

one time i went down to falcon and robert amaya told me the fish are in a foot of water and i needed to get to the very back of the creeks. i had to pull trolling motor up and use push pole to move about. but you would be surprised at the amount of people that would rather go home rather than get their boat scratched.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/13/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
In all honesty, probably not. It isnt the fear of scratching my boat, because I do that all the time, its is more the fear of damaging something that has to be repaired and then paying for that repair. I guess I am just not there yet. Luckily there are fish in other parts of the lake though.

It's not even the repair cost that worries me the most, it is the time off the water because shops take so long to fix boats. I'm fishing tournaments every month, including the winter. I don't have a month for a shop to order parts and eventually get around to fixing something.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/13/17 03:26 PM

I fish out deep.... where they live.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/13/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Razorback
Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters

It's not even the repair cost that worries me the most, it is the time off the water because shops take so long to fix boats. I'm fishing tournaments every month, including the winter. I don't have a month for a shop to order parts and eventually get around to fixing something.

Completely agree with this as well.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: will you take your boat where the fish live? - 12/13/17 04:11 PM

Fishing is the same as life, some people are passive and cautious and then others are very aggressive, edgy and take risks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum