Texas Fishing Forum

falcon lake during christmas

Posted By: Workfishngolf37

falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 05:28 PM

I'm going down south to visit family for christmas and was thinking about taking my 10 foot pelican boat. A couple of years ago i seen two ranger boats unload off some rock across from the state park. The road is called los lobos and there is about 15 to 20 houses that i see nearby on google maps. So the question is. Does anyone know if that is open to the public?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 05:45 PM

I think I know what road you're talking about, but I don't know if it's public or not. Why not just launch at the State Park?
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
I think I know what road you're talking about, but I don't know if it's public or not. Why not just launch at the State Park?

^^^^^
Correct, not a public launch.

Falcon has plenty of water now and its easy launching at the State Park. Enjoy !!

Debra cool

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 06:44 PM

Because if I unload at the state park boat ramp. It will take two days to get to the area I want to fish. Btw how痴 the fishing been?

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 06:49 PM

I'm confused, are you sure you're not thinking of the country ramp?

Fishing is good. Flip your favorite soft plastic into the hardwoods and retama bushes. You'll get bit.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 06:55 PM

Put in at Tigris.

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 07:17 PM

No I知 thinking of state park. I知 fishing out of a 10foot pelican boat with 3.5 hp motor. So it will take awhile to get where I want to fish. Thanks for the help.

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ring fry
Put in at Tigris.

I don't think there is enough water to launch there right now.

To the OP, I looked on Bing Maps and I see Los Lobos Rd. I don't know if that is public or not. I've never seen anyone launch there before. If you plan on not going any further South, and it's public, then go for it. Otherwise, launch at the State Park.

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 09:11 PM

Remember I値l I知 in 10 foot boat and don稚 need a ramp. I値l hit tigers and go ask around at los lobos. Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: backatit

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/06/17 10:12 PM

By chance are you fishing out of a 10' pelican boat?
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/07/17 12:12 AM

Call James at Falcon Lake Tackle. He can tell you exactly where to go.
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/07/17 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Workfishngolf37
Remember I値l I知 in 10 foot boat and don稚 need a ramp. I値l hit tigers and go ask around at los lobos. Thanks again for your help.

Los Lobos is closed to the public.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/07/17 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Lucky Al

Los Lobos is closed to the public.

Tried to tell him that already in an earlier reply hmmm

Debra smile

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/07/17 05:14 PM

YOU think state park would let me drive around to north end of park and unload off the bank?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/07/17 06:15 PM

YOU think state park would let me drive around to north end of park and unload off the bank?

Definitely ask first, but you can see tracks on google earth from multiple vehicles that have done just that.

Be careful out there. Any wind over 10mph on Falcon could be dangerous in a 10ft Bass Hunter.

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/07/17 06:19 PM

I would definitely ask first.
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: falcon lake during christmas - 12/09/17 01:44 PM

Just pay the $3 entrance fee and you can launch your 10' boat next to the ramp. Drive the dirt road down near the end of the point.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum