Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Bob

Posted By: Rob plumb

Ray Bob - 12/06/17 01:33 PM

I know this has been posted several times before, but I’m going to Ray Roberts Saturday.I don’t have much experience running the lake , and saw a map on a post here last year or so. Any general advice would be greatly appreciated I know it’s super stumpy, thanks again
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 01:38 PM

I miss the guy that used to get so upset when you called the lake Ray Bob... banana
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 01:39 PM

Anything north of Wolf Island you need to know where your going, the lower end is open to run.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
I miss the guy that used to get so upset when you called the lake Ray Bob... banana

Yeah or the guy that called Ray Hubbard -" Ray Hybrid ".
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 02:43 PM

Idle buck, idb, Indian, wolf, lick and walnut, pierce, sand branch, and airplane, and the main lake east of wolf island, other than that your fairly safe to run. Honestly if you put in at pond access you fishing good water at the ramp several good rock structures and points very close by shad pattern square and medium divers and a finesse jig and you should be good to go.
Posted By: furim2

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Delvec
Anything north of Wolf Island you need to know where your going, the lower end is open to run.

It's Ray Roberts
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 04:09 PM

Or the lake of no fish
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 04:20 PM

Good ol ray bob , the lower unit molester
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 04:34 PM

Helps keep Classic fiberglass in business
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Ray Bob - 12/06/17 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Idle buck, idb, Indian, wolf, lick and walnut, pierce, sand branch, and airplane, and the main lake east of wolf island, other than that your fairly safe to run. Honestly if you put in at pond access you fishing good water at the ramp several good rock structures and points very close by shad pattern square and medium divers and a finesse jig and you should be good to go.

Pond access?
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: Ray Bob - 12/07/17 12:06 AM

Pond Creek ramp..
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Ray Bob - 12/07/17 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: dlwfish
Pond Creek ramp..

Roger, I assumed but I was only referencing Navionics app and what is labeled “pond creek” doesn’t have a ramp but there is one in the small arm just south of it. Went to state park website for clarification. Thx.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ray Bob - 12/07/17 02:11 AM

TP&W shows a ramp and courtesy dock at Pond Creek unless they demo'd it. I always launched there when I fished RR especially when the wind was from the south.
Posted By: Rob plumb

Re: Ray Bob - 12/07/17 01:06 PM

Thanks again I really appreciate it Guy’s.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum