Texas Fishing Forum

Muenster Lake

Posted By: Rooster Cruiser

Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 02:10 AM

Anyone familiar with bass fishing @ Muenster Lake? Boat Ramp fee?

Tks for any info.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Rooster Cruiser
Anyone familiar with bass fishing @ Muenster Lake? Boat Ramp fee?

Tks for any info.

Only been two times, no ramp fee, drop trolling motor at ramp and head north, caught several nice bass last spring up to 6 pounds.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 02:13 PM

One of my clients fish this lake quite often and tells me he does very well with some descent fish. Keeps telling me I need to go fish it with him. It is just to hard to leave Fork.

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 03:23 PM

tks guys
Posted By: 361V

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 03:35 PM

Muenster full?
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 03:53 PM

According to their website.... "Motor boats over 30 HP not allowed"

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 04:42 PM

Interesting. Thought it was an "idle only" lake. Anyone know for sure?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 07:09 PM

Best way to make sure it's not a good small lake anymore, mention it here laugh
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 07:15 PM

Idle only lake don’t get on plane. Small clubs have tournys there. Takes upper 10 to 20lb to win individual

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Im RICK JAMES
Idle only lake don’t get on plane. Small clubs have tournys there. Takes upper 10 to 20lb to win individual

Just reading the rules on their site. Sounds like it isn't enforced.

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 07:31 PM

It is not idle only, TPWD made them take the motor restrictions off, I had my 21 foot boat with 300 XS on the lake, even opened it up once, had to shut her down rather quickly.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 07:44 PM

Per a game warden there idle only. Doesn’t matter size of motor...

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/05/17 08:32 PM

Thanks again

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/06/17 12:45 AM

"Slow LIMITED wake only" and "operators of motorized craft shall operate safely.... with minimal water surface turbulence". Can interpret that as "idle only" but would not interpret it as "no motor" or "30HP" or anything else. https://www.cityofmuenstertx.com/muenster-lake

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/06/17 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Im RICK JAMES
Per a game warden there idle only. Doesn’t matter size of motor...

That may be true, the couple of days i was there i did not see a boat idling unless it was in the timber. There are no signs posted stating this as well.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/06/17 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
"Slow LIMITED wake only" and "operators of motorized craft shall operate safely.... with minimal water surface turbulence". Can interpret that as "idle only" but would not interpret it as "no motor" or "30HP" or anything else. https://www.cityofmuenstertx.com/muenster-lake

this is somewhat comical... if you'll scroll thru the pictures on the link you provided you will see a giant sign that is in the parking lot, by the restrooms. It clearly says "Powered boats with motors larger than 30HP are not allowed".

That's why their is the confusion. It's on the sign in the parking lot.

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/06/17 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.

this is somewhat comical... if you'll scroll thru the pictures on the link you provided you will see a giant sign that is in the parking lot, by the restrooms. It clearly says "Powered boats with motors larger than 30HP are not allowed".

The motor size has been lifted for sure, I am not sure on the idle only.

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/06/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: K.D.

thumb
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/06/17 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
It is not idle only, TPWD made them take the motor restrictions off, I had my 21 foot boat with 300 XS on the lake, even opened it up once, had to shut her down rather quickly.

And here I thought the emails I sent went unnoticed.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8035086/Re_The_Muenster_Lake_debacle
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Muenster Lake - 12/14/17 12:58 AM

It was my understanding idle only when I took my kayak there in Sept. Lots and lots of timber, from my experience I would throw almost everything weedless.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum