Texas Fishing Forum

Custom Made Spinnerbaits

Posted By: DaleMcCutchen

Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 01:21 AM

Does anyone out there know of a good company/person that makes good looking spinnerbaits?? I am looking for someone to make me some nice looking Hot Pink spinnerbaits. Any info is helpful.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 01:40 AM

I would say SOB, but I do not know if they have pink as an option. Might try them, though, Ryan Coleman might put that together, dunno..

https://www.spotsticker.com/product-category/spinnerbaits/mini-me/

Hope this helps Dale. When are you coming back down? Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 01:50 AM

Donald Harper should probably be in this conversation.
Bumper Stumper spinnerbait will also build them for you.
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 01:57 AM

Donald Harper makes good ones. He’s on the TFF quite a bit.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 04:19 AM

Contact Mark Hall

http://www.papasbaits.net/
Posted By: brushhog1

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 11:48 AM

Contact Joey Watts at Flatlanders.com he makes a awesome spinnerbait...
Posted By: brushhog1

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 11:49 AM

DaleMcCutchen

Give Joey a shout Flatlanders.com
Posted By: Mike TT

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 12:32 PM

www.jigs4bass.com

Posted By: Joey Watts

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 12:39 PM

I just sent the OP an instant message.

Thanks
Posted By: "TexasFight"

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 02:43 PM

Without out a doubt!, call Donald Harper. You won't regret it. The baits he has put together for me have out caught store purchased baits 3-1. Send him a message, he will take care of you.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 03:23 PM

By "make" spinnerbaits so you mean a company that pours their own, bends the wire, installs hardware, and puts a custom skirt on it or just a company that buys the bait basically intact puts blades and a skirt on it and calls it theirs? Talon Fishing Unlimited is a true custom bait company, if you don't see it on their site just put in a phone call, Miss Andi can make you anything imaginable from scratch with top of the line components. They don't make it till you order it. thumb
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 06:32 PM

JoBaby made by Falcon Lake guide Jim Edwards.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: "TexasFight"
Without out a doubt!, call Donald Harper. You won't regret it. The baits he has put together for me have out caught store purchased baits 3-1. Send him a message, he will take care of you.

Another vote for Donald Harper
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
By "make" spinnerbaits so you mean a company that pours their own, bends the wire, installs hardware, and puts a custom skirt on it or just a company that buys the bait basically intact puts blades and a skirt on it and calls it theirs? Talon Fishing Unlimited is a true custom bait company, if you don't see it on their site just put in a phone call, Miss Andi can make you anything imaginable from scratch with top of the line components. They don't make it till you order it. thumb
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 09:42 PM

www.jigs4bass.com

Highly Recommend! Awesome lures and Great Customer Service Also.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
Originally Posted By: "TexasFight"

Another vote for Donald Harper

+1 and get some of his minner sauce on it
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/04/17 11:33 PM

Just send me a PM. with what you want and I will make it happen.

Thanks,
Donald
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 12:40 PM

Got my order from Donald Harper just recently on some chatterbaits and spinnerbaits and they are awesome baits. It is great when you get a custom made bait and can tell immediately the difference in just your run of the mill mass produced bait.
Went to my next door neighbors pond just to try them out and see how good they looked and felt with limited time being on Christmas decorating duty. 20 casts totaled 8 fish on the four different baits I tied on. They definitely passed the test.
Thanks Don also for the tips on keeping the baits and skirts in tip top shape.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 01:43 PM

Is that the Halloween spinnerbait yall are talkin about???

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
Is that the Halloween spinnerbait yall are talkin about???

It is a stormy weather spinner bait for extreme weather conditions. It is a long way from pink.

I would like to add that when choosing a solid color like pink or even white make sure whoever builds it adds a few strands of a scale pattern which seems to up the catch ratio.
Posted By: PhishWhisperer

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 06:49 PM

I have special ordered a bunch of spinnerbaits from Talon. They are beautiful and well made.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 06:56 PM

Donald Harper has good stuff and can do custom.
jigs4bass has good prices and colors.
A guy in our club started up a company making spinner/buzz/chatterbaits/jigs recently and everything can be custom made. Look up "funk buster spinnerbaits" on facebook or at funkbusterspinnerbaits.com
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 08:05 PM

I would give Bionic Custom Baits a look. I believe they do custom work too. If not, their pre-made spinnerbaits are killer. I have several and they are of high quality.

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 08:33 PM

I recently got a few of his bladed jigs, I think he calls them baby doll bladed jigs, and really like them. Come through cover really good and good action.

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: TBassYates
Got my order from Donald Harper just recently on some chatterbaits and spinnerbaits and they are awesome baits. It is great when you get a custom made bait and can tell immediately the difference in just your run of the mill mass produced bait.
Went to my next door neighbors pond just to try them out and see how good they looked and felt with limited time being on Christmas decorating duty. 20 casts totaled 8 fish on the four different baits I tied on. They definitely passed the test.
Thanks Don also for the tips on keeping the baits and skirts in tip top shape.

I recently got a few of his bladed jigs, I think he calls them baby doll bladed jigs, and really like them. Come through cover really good and good action.
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/05/17 10:34 PM

Haven't had the pleasure of fishing one of Donald Harpers customs but from what I've seen he makes a fine spinnerbait, Hand tied skirt, Premium hook, good wire and blades, the only other one that I have fished is Talon , I have some of those I've been fishing for over 5 years and there still like new, except for the ones torn up by some big fish 30" Striper will wreck the best made baits

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/06/17 01:13 AM

Hopefully soon! Been fishing Hubbard Creek some this last year. It has been real good. Hope to make some trips down there on some nice day actully starting in January/Feb this next year... will let you know!!

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/06/17 01:18 AM

Thanks for all the great info.. I will be in touch with maybe one or two of them!!

Blessings, Dale
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/06/17 02:39 AM

Dale,

Just let me know when and I will have that DVR I owe you so you can take it back with you. Good to hear you hvae been on some fish in Hubbard Creek. People said that we were having a rough tournament because the lake was not putting forth greater numbers. Heck, we fished 12 times and had 6 over 6 lbs, that sounds pretty good to me. Especially with a 3 fish limit. Have a good one and a Merry Christmas. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/17/17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: DaleMcCutchen
Does anyone out there know of a good company/person that makes good looking spinnerbaits?? I am looking for someone to make me some nice looking Hot Pink spinnerbaits. Any info is helpful.

PM. Sent for approval as discussed: No Reply.
Hope these will work.

Posted By: KRM

Re: Custom Made Spinnerbaits - 12/18/17 03:42 AM

I called Bumper Stumper a few days ago left a message. Guys called me right back and took my order down. Said they would call me back when they aredone. Really excited to get these baits. If they are half as good as their customer service then they should be awesome.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum