Texas Fishing Forum

How's Lake Lewisville?

Posted By: EastTexasBassin

How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/25/17 10:45 PM

Thinking about trying a different lake on Thursday. Never been to Lewisville, any suggestions? Good ramp info would be appreciated. Is the lake generally safe to run? How's the fishing been lately?
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/26/17 01:03 AM

I launch from Little Elm Park. Have launched from Tower Bay before and it’s fine too. Tower Bay side of the lake is all good. North of the I-35 bridge after about a mile you’ll see timber, gotta be careful. If you want to go towards Pier 121 marina from the main lake then run your boat AROUND to the entrance to that section. Do not run straight through the main lake to get to that body of water. Submerged timber leading up to if in the main lake. Fishing has been good for me, personally. Find the rock, crank the rock.
Posted By: Tiltedtitan

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/26/17 02:10 AM

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/26/17 11:39 AM

Thanks for the map! That helps a lot.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/27/17 03:43 AM

fishing today was very good. caught my personal Lewisville best good luck
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/27/17 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225
fishing today was very good. caught my personal Lewisville best good luck

I hear you had a good guide popcorn

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/27/17 02:16 PM

Well it looks like there's gonna be a 25mph north wind that day so I guess we're gonna launch at Tower Bay and head west and see what we can find.
Posted By: LargeMouthTripp

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/27/17 04:25 PM

People that say Louisville is fishing well......where are yall? Because I am out very weekend, and I hardly see anyone. And when I do see people at bridges or other spots, nobody is having good luck.

Actually went up to Texoma this weekend because how bad its been at Lewisville. Had a great day on Friday.

And lets be honest about Lewisville.....the lake is down over 5' right now. All the summer spots with structure are now well out of the water. And this summer it was slow too......especially when you put it into perspective of lakes that are fishing well.

OP, not sure where you are currently fishing lately, but I would not recommend Lewisville.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/27/17 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LargeMouthTripp
People that say Louisville is fishing well......where are yall? Because I am out very weekend, and I hardly see anyone. And when I do see people at bridges or other spots, nobody is having good luck.

Actually went up to Texoma this weekend because how bad its been at Lewisville. Had a great day on Friday.

And lets be honest about Lewisville.....the lake is down over 5' right now. All the summer spots with structure are now well out of the water. And this summer it was slow too......especially when you put it into perspective of lakes that are fishing well.

OP, not sure where you are currently fishing lately, but I would not recommend Lewisville.

To be honest, it's only down 1.79'.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/27/17 04:51 PM

yeah its down 1.79-1.80 feet exactly, That has a large effect on the shore line. I was going off eyeball level, but if were being technical, you are correct.

My points still stand on the fishing of the lake.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 12:23 AM

I fish during the week due to work when it’s nice and quiet on the water and I usually do quite well on Lewy since I’ve gotten to know many of the high percentage areas. The lower water level has negatively effected only a couple areas that I would fish this time of year. Otherwise I’m busy all day running from spot to spot.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 01:15 AM

yeah its down 1.79-1.80 feet exactly, That has a large effect on the shore line. I was going off eyeball level, but if were being technical, you are correct.

My points still stand on the fishing of the lake.

We caught some 4lbers yesterday and our 4 hours on the lake was quite productive. Better day yesterday for quality fish than I have had in a while.
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 01:24 AM

I fished it today for about 4 hours. I lost two bigguns, but only had a couple dinky spots

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 03:52 PM

So what I am getting at with my point and I think you guys are confirming this would be the fact, Lewisville is a tough lake to fish, especially if you do not have experience. And even if you do, you will spend a lot of time running from spot to spot. Which in turn means......this is not a lake that you would recommend. Especially when there are plenty of lakes fishing well right now.

From I-Fish: I fish during the week due to work when it’s nice and quiet on the water and I usually do quite well on Lewy since I’ve gotten to know many of the high percentage areas. The lower water level has negatively effected only a couple areas that I would fish this time of year. Otherwise I’m busy all day running from spot to spot.

So you have a few high percentage spots and spend a lot of the day running, because there is not enough quantity or consistency to stay at a spot

From Okie Pokie: We caught some 4lbers yesterday and our 4 hours on the lake was quite productive. Better day yesterday for quality fish than I have had in a while.

So a couple 4lbers, which is admittedly better than what youve had in while, justifies recommending someone come fish this lake? And no one is even giving OP pointers on where to go? Lewisville is giant

and from CoyAintNoGold Fish: I fished it today for about 4 hours. I lost two bigguns, but only had a couple dinky spots

So to bigguns, but mostly dinks.......another ringing endorsement.

I am not hear to argue, I just find it funny that these forums are to share accurate information, not blow smoke up peoples bums about how you have been doing. We all know Lewisville is tough lake to fish, and doesnt consistently produce. Yes its nice to get out this time of year when all the pleasure boats are done, and its the home lake for a lot of people in the area. But would you recommend it to a friend or forum member, the answer is a NO
Posted By: Gibby

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:08 PM

So what I am getting at with my point and I think you guys are confirming this would be the fact, Lewisville is a tough lake to fish, especially if you do not have experience. And even if you do, you will spend a lot of time running from spot to spot. Which in turn means......this is not a lake that you would recommend. Especially when there are plenty of lakes fishing well right now.

From I-Fish: I fish during the week due to work when it’s nice and quiet on the water and I usually do quite well on Lewy since I’ve gotten to know many of the high percentage areas. The lower water level has negatively effected only a couple areas that I would fish this time of year. Otherwise I’m busy all day running from spot to spot.

So you have a few high percentage spots and spend a lot of the day running, because there is not enough quantity or consistency to stay at a spot

From Okie Pokie: We caught some 4lbers yesterday and our 4 hours on the lake was quite productive. Better day yesterday for quality fish than I have had in a while.

So a couple 4lbers, which is admittedly better than what youve had in while, justifies recommending someone come fish this lake? And no one is even giving OP pointers on where to go? Lewisville is giant

and from CoyAintNoGold Fish: I fished it today for about 4 hours. I lost two bigguns, but only had a couple dinky spots

So to bigguns, but mostly dinks.......another ringing endorsement.

I am not hear to argue, I just find it funny that these forums are to share accurate information, not blow smoke up peoples bums about how you have been doing. We all know Lewisville is tough lake to fish, and doesnt consistently produce. Yes its nice to get out this time of year when all the pleasure boats are done, and its the home lake for a lot of people in the area. But would you recommend it to a friend or forum member, the answer is a NO

You aren't hear to argue yet you seem to be going out of your way to dismiss anything anybody says that could even remotely be perceived as a positive endorsement on the lake.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:15 PM

I appreciate your honesty. I was hoping to get an idea of where to start but I understand that especially on a tough lake, people are protective of their spots because they are limited. Ray Hubbard is my home lake, and it sounds similar.

I like a challenge, so I'm gonna give it a shot, but whether I do well or not it might be my last trip there. There's just a lot of other options that are easier to get to from home.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:26 PM

Im pointing out that nothing has really been positive. They are more or less.....We spend all day running and have caught 1 or 2 decent fish!!!

If there is a positive endorsement of the lake I honestly want to hear it. But lets be honest with someone thinking of spending money to come here to fish. Its not doing well, and if it were yall should be giving them good tips....IE where to go, what to look for, bait, techniques.....but nobody is having great luck, but still wants to chime in and say its doing well.

Its frustrating to see, especially when there are other reports on lewisville that back up the fact its been rough fishing for all fish(other than catfish) especially bass.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:34 PM

If you’re pulling up on one spot and pulling 20 keepers out within an hour then you are in a stock pond. Those days don’t happen on big water consistently no matter who you are or where you fish. I don’t spend all day running, you can run my motors’ hours if you like. It takes a few minutes to run from spot to spot but that’s how you pattern fish when they are seemingly scattered this time of year. On every lake.

Every lake takes time to learn and it’s called fishing for a reason. 10-15 fish, most of which are keepers, is a good day on the water for most. Lewy can produce that if you know what you’re doing.

If you want keepers in numbers without experience and time then enjoy that stock pond.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:41 PM

I said previously, find the rock and crank the rock. If you see rock, stop.

Here’s another nugget, most of the lake’s biggest fish have been caught in the hickory creek arm and I believe nearly all of them were caught south of the I-35 bridge. That will eliminate some water for you especially since you’re launching from TB. That marina has some good spots as well. Just use your imagination. Good luck, EastTexasBassin.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:43 PM

Im pointing out that nothing has really been positive. They are more or less.....We spend all day running and have caught 1 or 2 decent fish!!!

If there is a positive endorsement of the lake I honestly want to hear it. But lets be honest with someone thinking of spending money to come here to fish. Its not doing well, and if it were yall should be giving them good tips....IE where to go, what to look for, bait, techniques.....but nobody is having great luck, but still wants to chime in and say its doing well.

Its frustrating to see, especially when there are other reports on lewisville that back up the fact its been rough fishing for all fish(other than catfish) especially bass.

I know several different people that have done really well on "Sewerville" lately, so your posts here appear to aim to deter any new boats from fishing the lake. By several I mean 5+ different people that all fish different, so to me, that means the lake is fishing good.

You are either trying to "steer" others away or you could just be a d**k.

Happy Holidays

ole
Posted By: Mark C

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
yall should be giving them good tips....

I know several different people that have done really well on "Sewerville" lately, so your posts here appear to aim to deter any new boats from fishing the lake. By several I mean 5+ different people that all fish different, so to me, that means the lake is fishing good.

You are either trying to "steer" others away or you could just be a d**k.

Happy Holidays

ole

You're not doing it right, Doug.

11 posts.

SMDH.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 05:07 PM

It has taken me the better part of 8 years to figure that lake out, when all else fails jigs, jigs, finesse worms.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish

Here’s another nugget, most of the lake’s biggest fish have been caught in the hickory creek arm and I believe nearly all of them were caught south of the I-35 bridge. .

I'm very curious how you came up with this. I'm not saying that's not a good area, but I've found the exact opposite to be true. I spend a lot of time on the lake and so does my partner. just curious. The spring and summer fishing out there was better than I've ever seen it. The tourney results speak for that.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: txsuperman
Originally Posted By: i-Fish

Here’s another nugget, most of the lake’s biggest fish have been caught in the hickory creek arm and I believe nearly all of them were caught south of the I-35 bridge. .

I'm very curious how you came up with this. I'm not saying that's not a good area, but I've found the exact opposite to be true. I spend a lot of time on the lake and so does my partner. just curious. The spring and summer fishing out there was better than I've ever seen it. The tourney results speak for that.

Word of mouth. I was told by someone who grew up fishing Lewy and frequents this forum and is well sought after. I blame him. roflmao

My best fish personally have come from elswhere. I was just helping ETB elminate some water.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 05:54 PM

Cameron, fish the big marina off 35, there are some bluff type banks in the back of it as well. Fish the dam and the I-35 rip rap and I would bet you'll catch some fish.

That's about all I know about "Sewerville" wink

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 06:25 PM

Thanks Doug, I'll do that.
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Cameron, fish the big marina off 35, there are some bluff type banks in the back of it as well. Fish the dam and the I-35 rip rap and I would bet you'll catch some fish.

That's about all I know about "Sewerville" wink

You've got to love the hijacked thread... Doug R has given you some good info. I went Saturday before last and caught 2 over 4lbs an my buddy lost one just as big before noon. Chunk a square bill and get to moving....

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 07:13 PM

LargemouthTripp......you are so off base here. Lew has fished as good as any lake I've ever fished, over the last several years. And I would bet I've fished lots more lakes than you have. Are you 13, just curious? Granted, now is when it's not so easy to sack 'em up, although, they're still biting in certain areas. We caught our fish shallow. Prob 2-3ft. And we were flipping the main lake cuts between Hidden Cove and Little Elm arm. Caney sticks are your friend, my friend. Now get out there and do a little homework for yourself. You got dis!
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 09:14 PM

I didn't feel like fighting the wind this morning so I just stayed close to the ramp. Pretty tough morning, but my best 5 went 36# and I never cranked the outboard, which saved me some gas. I think I'd sell my boat if couldn't break 25# on any given day at Lewisville! stir
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TX Strampion
I didn't feel like fighting the wind this morning so I just stayed close to the ramp. Pretty tough morning, but my best 5 went 36# and I never cranked the outboard, which saved me some gas. I think I'd sell my boat if couldn't break 25# on any given day at Lewisville! stir

Hell I didn't even get the boat out in the winds today. Walked the bank for about 50 yards. Had 4 over 5lbs on whopper plopper and 3 over 8 on crappie jig under a bobber. I'd quit fishing if I couldn't bust 25lbs on any given day on lewisville
Posted By: rkd

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 09:57 PM

For what it's worth, I drove across the 2499 bridge on Sunday and saw three nice bass boats up in the river...or right at the mouth of it by the bridge. I stopped and watched for a few minutes (I was on a bike) but didn't see anyone catch anything. I cross that bridge several times a day and that's the first time I've seen more than one boat up there. What could that mean?!?!!?

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 10:04 PM

It's fishing terrible, we fished 9-1 Sunday only caught about 20 fish and best 5 only would have gone 25-26lbs. Everyone should go elsewhere!

Posted By: texasbass1

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 11/28/17 10:32 PM

Lewisville as anyone who knows me is not one of my favorite lakes, even though I live within sight of it. But it is a lake that can and does fish tough. That being said it is a very good lake to fish in the fall through spring. Once the pleasure boats come back out stay away. You have to go at Lewisville with the mindset that it will be tough then when you catch fish it is more of an accomplishment. I was out last Saturday for a few hours and had 3 keepers, one over 4. Was it a light em up day for most, no. But for me on Lewisville it was a better than average day. I have had 20 fish days but then again I've been skunked. Don't let nay sayers keep you away from a lake that may test your skills.

Do watch out for the wind, it can get ugly real fast with a strong N or S wind.

Good luck

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/01/17 01:38 AM

We caught fish all day. 28 fish. Only one big one but unfortunately she broke off at the side of the boat. She was at least 8lbs. We caught most of our fish in and around marinas on a shakey head w/ trick worm and a fluke on a c-rig. Caught a few spotted bass cranking the rocks. Not a bad day for our first time there. Thanks to everyone that sent tips and advice!
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/01/17 04:29 AM

I had a few bad days at Lewisville this year. I hate weighing 3 fish for 12# and not getting in the money.
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/01/17 05:58 AM

Lewy is either amazing or terrible. Never really have had any average days there. Never know til you go try.

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/01/17 02:30 PM

We fished yesterday and it was tougher. We only boated 7 with biggest being 2.5lber. We played a lot with the new Ultrexx is my excuse!

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/01/17 10:24 PM

Fished real good today boated around 20 fish nothing big, but probably 6-7 in the 3-4lb range
Posted By: D Egge

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/02/17 02:28 PM

Fished it yesterday for 5 hrs...caught 1 hybrid and 1 2 lb....Brad must be using very special bait or I just suck....probably the latter!
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/02/17 04:51 PM

With the next week being in the 30's at night and mid 50's during the days where Brad and I are catching our fish will change drastically. Now we are just hoping that we don't have hurricane winds next weekend. good luck

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/02/17 07:54 PM

can't seem to find em....what color is your boat and truck and what color clothes will you be wearing?????? Put a big flag onr your boat and maybe a strobe light! LOL
Good luck guys!!!

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/02/17 10:02 PM

Just look for the guy in lime green everything and a white skeeter....

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/02/17 11:03 PM

was just kidding..........but i might!!!!
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/03/17 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By: txsuperman
Originally Posted By: TX Strampion

Hell I didn't even get the boat out in the winds today. Walked the bank for about 50 yards. Had 4 over 5lbs on whopper plopper and 3 over 8 on crappie jig under a bobber. I'd quit fishing if I couldn't bust 25lbs on any given day on lewisville

WOW!! I guess I need to sell all my $#!+ and take up a new hobby cause I never do that good at Lewisville. 5 fish for 15# is the best I've done. Now I know I'm doing something wrong.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: How's Lake Lewisville? - 12/03/17 02:36 PM

Was out there yesterday, caught about 10 with 7 keepers. All shallow, main lake to secondary points. Didn't catch much in the back of creeks. Caught them on cranks and jigs all on rock. If the back was muddy, just skip over it and find the rock.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum