Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Co-Angler Presentation

Posted By: gut hooked

Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 07:38 PM

So i'm co angling at Rayburn next weekend...what is youe preferred presentation for the back of the boat?assume that you are front ended all day and have to make the best of it.....
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 07:53 PM

Swimjig/baits,chatterbaits,squarebills,dropshot. Slow roll a spinnerbaits deeper. S-L-O-W rolled.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 07:55 PM

Lots of variables there. Nothing wrong with doing whatever your boater is doing, if he's having success. Obviously if you're on fish and not running a lot, something that you can finesse a little bit without getting hung up much would be ideal. Jig, dropshot, shakey head, etc. I know of some guys who are still catching them good on traps as of yesterday, but depends on where you're at.

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 08:01 PM

Keep the hits coming boys....thanks for the help. I appreciate tbe input.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 08:54 PM

What is next weekend the Fed state championship?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 09:26 PM

You have to fish at the same speed he is. If he's fishing slow with a jig you need to fish slow also, not necessarily the same bait but slow presentations. If he's running and gunning you have to be prepared to do that also. I think you have to be very observant, be willing to experiment with the structure and cover presented you. Most of all stay positive and keep chunking. Hope you get a good draw and have lots of fun. thumb
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 09:35 PM

Senko. Wacky style or shakey head trick worm.

Part of being a Co-Angler is being front ended. That's basically what a co-angler is.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 09:39 PM

Wacky if going slow enough. Weighted plastic if going faster.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 10:58 PM

Weightless swim senko....bought a boat with the winnings a couple years ago. All picking up the left overs behind pros. It's versatile....swim it, jerk bait it, drag drop it, flip it, etc. really only need three rods to fish the back of a boat. A flipping stick, a weightless stick, and a drop shot.
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 11:02 PM

The baby brush hog is pretty well known as a co angler staple

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 11:15 PM

This is why i love this forum....thanks guys....and i'm not complaining about being front ended, trying to plan for what could happen....everybody's input is appreciate

I have a 3 fish limit, so the pressure is off.....i can handle fishing for 3 bites

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
What is next weekend the Fed state championship?

Yup....friday and saturday

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/25/17 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
You have to fish at the same speed he is. If he's fishing slow with a jig you need to fish slow also, not necessarily the same bait but slow presentations. If he's running and gunning you have to be prepared to do that also. I think you have to be very observant, be willing to experiment with the structure and cover presented you. Most of all stay positive and keep chunking. Hope you get a good draw and have lots of fun. thumb

Thanks buddy
Posted By: Neches

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/26/17 01:01 AM

Split shot a fluke. Some call it a Chicken $hit rig, its won lots of money out of the back of a boat
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/26/17 03:23 AM

Drag a slit shot fluke, just like above. Best co bait going. Ask Bill Rodgers.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/26/17 09:22 PM

This article popped up in my Facebook feed today, might give you some ideas:

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/back_seat.html

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/26/17 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TinRangerJim
This article popped up in my Facebook feed today, might give you some ideas:

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/back_seat.html

Top notch buddy. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/26/17 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
Drag a slit shot fluke, just like above. Best co bait going. Ask Bill Rodgers.

Thanks for the input
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/27/17 12:56 AM

I second the swim Senko or lipless crank if he is fishing fast. Weightless Senko or fluke if fishing slow.

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/27/17 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter443
I second the swim Senko or lipless crank if he is fishing fast. Weightless Senko or fluke if fishing slow.

Thanks for the input.

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/28/17 04:38 AM

Ok so settled on 5 rods....1 spinning rod , braid w flouro leader...dropshot, wacky, neko, fluke, 2 mh rods w 15 flouro for drop shot senko, fluke, chicken rig,swim jig, 1 7'6" cranking rod for crank and trapping and 1 heavy work rod for trig, crig, frog, flipping

I am brining two extra spools for citicas, 1 w 60 lb braid for flipping, frogging...

Plan is to stay humble and drag soft plastics and change it up where I can

Thanks for all the input
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 11/28/17 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: gut hooked
Ok so settled on 5 rods....1 spinning rod , braid w flouro leader...dropshot, wacky, neko, fluke, 2 mh rods w 15 flouro for drop shot senko, fluke, chicken rig,swim jig, 1 7'6" cranking rod for crank and trapping and 1 heavy work rod for trig, crig, frog, flipping

I am brining two extra spools for citicas, 1 w 60 lb braid for flipping, frogging...

Plan is to stay humble and drag soft plastics and change it up where I can

Thanks for all the input

You should do good with all that but don't forget a couple different colors of jig/craw worms. Black/blue and pumpkin/green would be my choices.

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 12/03/17 11:03 PM

Ok so the co-angler was entirely positive. Day 1 I fished with a guy from Seven Coves Bass Club....what a good guy...we hit his first spot which didn't produce ao he quickly decided to make the move and decided to punch hydrilla.... i have never done this, so he let me borrow a 1 oz punch weight and a bait and we went to work. He was quick to offer advice to get me started and it was awesome... we lost a couple of fish, but on a day where bites were scarce, we ground most of the day and did what we could

Day 2 was with a guy from Coleto Bass Anglers....another good guy who was a pleasure to fish with. After a first stop where we found some fish, it was run and gun the rest of the day and i added a fish dragging a split shot rig w a fluke.

ALL OF THE ADVICE PAID OFF!!! I chilled in the back of the boat and had a great day.....i caught a limit but they were all small......but then again, a limit is a limit....

Both guys were awesome and were surprised and appreciated the cash hand shake with a thanks for a great day.....all in all it was a great time and I appreciate everyone's input leading up to the trip.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 12/04/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gut hooked

Day 2 i added a fish dragging a split shot rig w a fluke.
Your Welcome LOL.

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 12/05/17 02:33 PM

Yeah it worked out well.....thanks again
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 12/05/17 04:12 PM

Glad this worked out mate!
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 12/05/17 06:04 PM

I have a buddy who fishes with me a lot and he whoops my butt throwing a shakey head. As light as he can get away with depending on wind

Re: Favorite Co-Angler Presentation - 12/06/17 05:03 PM

Thanks buddy.....it exceeded my expectations by far
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum