Texas Fishing Forum

Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid!

Posted By: Okie Poke

Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 12:48 AM

Not looking for any hot spots that you have, but curious to know if any big fish have been showing up within the last two weeks. Our biggest for two days of fishing was 3.39lbs, caught around 70 total. Please let me know if any 4lbers or bigger are being caught. Thanks for the replies.

Okie cheers
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Not looking for any hot spots that you have, but curious to know if any big fish have been showing up within the last two weeks. Our biggest for two days of fishing was 3.39lbs, caught around 70 total. Please let me know if any 4lbers or bigger are being caught. Thanks for the replies.

Okie cheers

Not taking the ringer in the pink sweats?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

Okie cheers

Wear an Elvis wig this time!
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 01:19 AM

Lmao. Ballsy
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 01:43 AM

Taking about 20lbs to win events out there right now. I know of a few fish over 5lbs being brought in, but not many. I would guess a bunch of the bigguns died last year
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 01:51 AM

There was an 8 and a 6 caught several weeks ago at a high school tourney. I saw the 8 come in and the weigh in guys mentioned that the biggest prior to that was the 6. Some big are being caught but not a whole lot. Yet.

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

Okie cheers

Not this trip. He had his chance to show me the big stuff and couldn't get 'er done. Gotta take the boy before he heads back to school......

I found some good water at the end of our trip that I feel like will hold some bigger ones. We'll see!
Posted By: buda13

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 03:35 PM

Was going to head there Saturday also... looked at the reservation site and only 48 spots left. Think I'll pass on Squaw this weekend with 102 other boats... get there EARLY!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 10:58 PM

caught a lot of fish today but the biggest was 4 lbs
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/24/17 11:46 PM

We did pretty good today on t-rigs and drop shotting. Beautiful day on the water!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/25/17 12:07 AM

Go to cedar creek instead. Got a tourney there. It's fishing good.

Re: Headed to Squaw Saturday with my kid! - 11/25/17 10:58 AM

Well, we've changed our minds about heading to Squaw. We didn't make it in from outta town until late last night, so we've decided to make an easy trip to GV. Squaw is a hard trip for a one-dayer for this ole', fat guy.

We will be out at the dam at daylight looking for some big brownies, though. Bring cold milk with that, please...... huh
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum