Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card

Posted By: SWAC

Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/23/17 07:13 PM

Has anyone here used the Hummingbird Smart Strike card? If so how do you like it? Is it worth it the money?
Posted By: C130

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/23/17 07:28 PM

I bought it for a couple of lakes to try it out first before buying the card. If I had it to do over I'd just buy the card but I already had the Hummingbird Lakemaster card for my area and wanted to see what I thought about it. I think it gives you pretty good areas to fish, saying that I can't say as I'm catching more fish but I haven't used it a lot yet either. You can download just one lake and see what you think before buying the card.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/23/17 07:48 PM

I like it. If you fish new lakes regularly it gives good suggestions. I wish it considered a few more factors, but it does work.
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/24/17 04:49 AM

Definitely helps cut down on searching. I've had one and never used it. Went to Hubbard Creek for a tournament and it was my frist time there. Struggled for 2 hours. Ran my smartstrike and the 2nd spot I tried was loaded! Definitely helps get you and idea of a new lake.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/24/17 10:16 PM

I like it overall. The suggestions are pretty good and the ability to search for similar areas that you can select is really good to quickly run a pattern on most lakes.

You can buy an individual lake instead of the whole chip for $10-25 depending on the lake if you wanted to try it first.

Be aware the smartstrike is completely useless if you're on a lake that isn't near pool though. The lake I fish the most is 14' low and while it will offset the depths and move the shore line where it is supposed to be exactly like lakemaster, the 'smartstrike' part of it does not adjust at all. It will highlight stuff that is now on shore but would have been great at pool lol. I called Humminbird and after some time with their techs he told me there is no fix and he refunded my money.

Hope this helps,
Good luck
Posted By: Diezel_Rocker

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/25/17 02:51 PM

There is a big difference on Smart Strike between Helix and Solix. On the Helix, it is pretty limited what you can search for; on the Solix (probably Onix also) there are a ton of additional criteria you can take into account. I don't use smart strike very often but I like it. I need to get confidence in some of its suggestions.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/25/17 08:30 PM

Ok, I am confused.
I looked online and the Smartstrike cards are very similar to the Lakemaster cards in that they are set up by region. So to get Texas I would have to buy the mid- South card.

So how are y'all getting just one Lake to try it out ?

I have the Lakemaster card, and am dubious about spending another $150 plus for something similar to what I have.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 11/25/17 08:43 PM

You would need the chart select . It allows you to download lakes idividually ( for a cost) then it would allow you to add smartstrike for an additional cost.

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/Technology/ChartSelect/
Posted By: Basstradamus

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 02/23/22 11:35 PM

Hey. I have not seen any posts on the smart strike system for a while. Anyone using it have comments please???
Posted By: Theroofingguy

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 02/24/22 02:28 AM

I’ve had the smart strike for 4 years and as previously stated, if the lake is not at normal pool, it’s useless. I wasted money on that purchase, it sits in my console now.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 02/24/22 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Basstradamus
Hey. I have not seen any posts on the smart strike system for a while. Anyone using it have comments please???

I have it but haven’t used it lately. I probably need to as it would force me to try new spots. I did use it one time looking for hybrids and it highlighted an odd little spot I would never think to fish and caught some really nice fish on it.
Posted By: carlots

Re: Humminbird SMARTSTRIKE Card - 02/24/22 03:14 PM

i have had mine for about 4 years. i'm running solix 10 and a 12. i have found this card a total waste of good money. nothing more than pie in the sky. i run both lake master and lorrance cards. good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum