Texas Fishing Forum

Dink Fest

Posted By: steelcurtain

Dink Fest - 11/21/17 01:58 AM

Went fishing at Naconichie and Nacogdoches this weekend and caught a slew full of fish the only problem is they were all under a pound. I know fall fishing is tough and isn't really the ideal big fish season but why is that. I know we had a cold front blow in and that can have a big effect on the bite but we had a ton of bites just not quality. I'm still new to the fishing game and just trying to get some good knowledge from more experienced anglers. Thank you for the info
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Dink Fest - 11/21/17 02:14 AM

I will be on Naconiche tomorrow most of the day, will get back to you after that and report how I did. Right now the lake is coming out of turnover so that may have had something to do with it, it can be tough during that time.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Dink Fest - 11/21/17 02:16 AM

How deep are you fishing

Re: Dink Fest - 11/21/17 03:01 AM

We were fishing anywhere from 15 to 2 ft. We got off in the boat lane and tried to target some that were suspended at 12 feet in the creek channel with crank baits, chatter baits, a rigs, you name we threw it and didn't get a single bite. Just frustrating how in those two fisheries which have a ton of quality fish it was hard to get them. I would love some pointers on how to target those fish this time of year if you guys have some

Re: Dink Fest - 11/21/17 03:02 AM

I say they were suspended at 12 but it was anywhere from 15 to 10

Re: Dink Fest - 11/22/17 04:02 AM

Naconiche fished today, not only for me but for some others that I talked to. I caught 5 fish all day, the largest was 4.3 pounds in 12 fow on grass. I broke off two others, one of them was pretty good I think. The water was 63 degrees, it was overcast and breezy. The water has cleared pretty good, I just couldn’t get on them good today. O well, back at it tomorrow.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Dink Fest - 11/22/17 12:21 PM

Throw a bigger bait
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Dink Fest - 11/22/17 03:29 PM

Naconiche isn't what it was. It's just another lake now imo. Can't have big expectations out there like when it was new with less pressure. Nacogdoches however is good but can be fickle. It's like nearly every fish is on one pattern and until you figure it out it will seem tough

Re: Dink Fest - 11/22/17 10:00 PM

Skipper, all I throw is big baits, I am after big fish. The biggest one I caught was on a Zman chatter bait with a Kietech swim bait on the back. I normally throw jigs, monster worms, crank baits, swim baits and such, the smallest thing I normally throw is a stick bait. So it ain't the bait. I was on Nacogdoches today and caught some fair ones on deep grass lines but nothing big, am going to Rayburn tomorrow morning. I only throw big because it is my goal to catch the lake record on both Nacogdoches and Naconiche, and then I want the state record. Once I have achieved that, who knows what is next. Yes, I have big plans.

later...etexbasser

Re: Dink Fest - 11/23/17 08:56 AM

thank you for the info. I was going to upsize on my tackle but being the armature fisher that I am I was thinking "if the fish are biting this bait then surely the big ones will too" we were fishing the most of the day with large Texas rigs and ended up catching 47 in 2 days but never any quality bass. Just confuses the heck out of me why small fish will target large creature bait while the large girls will sit back and not trigger. This game is tough for the rookie lol
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Dink Fest - 11/23/17 10:39 PM

as we have gotten smarter at learning how to catch fish they have gotten smarter at biting our lures.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum