Texas Fishing Forum

What the heck is going on?

Posted By: Dabaker421

What the heck is going on? - 11/17/17 03:39 PM

Two weeks ago, I was catching a bunch shallow 0-4ft. I would say in the past week or so, I have been finding nothing but small (10-12") fish shallow and finding the bigger ones deeper around 20ft of water. It doesn't seem that the biggin's moved up at all like normal in these cooler temps. Is it still too early with all the warmer weather we have been having? Or did the "fall feast" end as quickly as it seemed to start? I blinked and missed it? Curious if anyone else is experiencing the same trend.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: What the heck is going on? - 11/17/17 03:55 PM

What are the water temps where your at? Shad will reverse their migration into creek arms when water temps get into the mid to upper 50's. Below about 55 a sudden temp drop could kill shad so they move back out over deeper water near the main lake with more stable temps to avoid this. If this has happened, it could explain why your having trouble shallow. 2cents
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: What the heck is going on? - 11/17/17 04:05 PM

Still finding good quality fish in the shallows on Lewisville. Water temps are 62-63. All near deep water though. Haven’t had to look back in pockets or up the arms.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: What the heck is going on? - 11/17/17 04:06 PM

temps are around 63-65
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What the heck is going on? - 11/17/17 04:08 PM

Target the spawning flats. Mimic the Crayfish and leave the Shad alone.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What the heck is going on? - 11/17/17 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

Please disregard Mr Harpers comments. The fish simply don't eat right now. As for the bald white guy in the white and red Skeeter? That's me. I'm up in the shallows fishing because I cannot swim and I'm afraid of deep water. Lol
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: What the heck is going on? - 11/18/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

Please disregard Mr Harpers comments. The fish simply don't eat right now. As for the bald white guy in the white and red Skeeter? That's me. I'm up in the shallows fishing because I cannot swim and I'm afraid of deep water. Lol

LOL awesome.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum