Texas Fishing Forum

Belton Theives PSA

Posted By: T Bird

Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 02:26 PM

Wed. 11/16 between 7:00 AM and 2:30 PM

Lake Belton, Temple Lake Park.

Scum bags sawed off the exhaust system on pardoners 2017 Tundra.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 02:51 PM

What a mess. Now that took some time and doing. Hope someone saw them and reads your post.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 02:51 PM

Unbelievable
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
What a mess. Now that took some time and doing. Hope someone saw them and reads your post.

From appearance of the cut, they used battery powered sawzall.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 03:02 PM

Dope makes idiots do unbelievable things
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 03:21 PM

I discovered that for a small amount ($50 per year I think) I can get a vehicle feature that will provide an email/text immediately anytime my vehicle's security system is triggered. I realize that doesn't stop anything, but at least I might be able to better deal with it.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 03:43 PM

That's plain sorry.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 04:09 PM

What?!, is that not a pay park anymore?
Posted By: Pitch

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 04:50 PM

Battery operated cut off tools are very cheap, easy to use and efficient. No telling what the real motive was, but boat ramps are an easy target for thefts of all kinds and are becoming more problematic, but stealing an exhaust system?
Posted By: skeeterdale

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 05:14 PM

WOW that's crazy. Sorry to hear that
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitch
No telling what the real motive was

Catalyst. As in the platinum in catalytic converters.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Yep. Did it trigger the alarm? I wouldn't think it would.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: fouzman

Yep. Did it trigger the alarm? I wouldn't think it would.

I agree that the question of tripping an alarm is up in the air. But, remember some of them have vibration sensors that trigger rather easily. Reciprocating saws do give off a good bit of vibration, so there's a possibility. Vibration from a loud passing motorcycle has set off such alarms.....
Posted By: GROD

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 06:05 PM

Fellow anglers probably seen someone under your truck, but now days people mind their own business and don’t start conversations often... as in “ hey bud what you working on, need any help?” Thief wouldn’t have known what to say... as long as the courts keep handing down slaps on the wrist for property crimes this will continue.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 08:06 PM

We definitely need much stiffer penalties for all crime in this nation. I agree with you that as long as our justice system keeps it profitable for these guys nothing will ever change. I would not be opposed to seeing thieves losing digits or more (if multiple offender) and make it public and painful. It would never stop it 100% but it would decrease it significantly I'd bet.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 09:15 PM

hung

fn criminals... I agree with Saks above that some SERIOUS penalties should happen if you are caught stealing and especially if you commit multiple offenses!!

if 3 thefts = 1 lost finger; 5 thefts = lost hand... then CRIME rates would seriously drop!!

can't we set up a bait truck?!?! about time to allow the turtles to eat up for the winter!
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Wed. 11/16 between 7:00 AM and 2:30 PM

Lake Belton, Temple Lake Park.

Scum bags sawed off the exhaust system on pardoners 2017 Tundra.

Dayum... I almost put in there this morning too...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/16/17 11:52 PM

If it was like my 2016 TSS.....it's a factory Magnaflo system. They are around $1900 to replace with the high flow cats......ask me how I know. mad
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/17/17 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: GROD
Fellow anglers probably seen someone under your truck, but now days people mind their own business and don’t start conversations often... as in “ hey bud what you working on, need any help?” Thief wouldn’t have known what to say... as long as the courts keep handing down slaps on the wrist for property crimes this will continue.

I had my pickup stolen out of my driveway once and the cops found it on I-30 between Dallas and Ft.Worth with the tires and rims gone. You're telling me nobody saw or thought something suspicious about somebody taking all 4 wheels and tires off a pickup on the side of an Interstate. People do not want to get involved.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/17/17 02:08 AM

A few weeks ago, someone stole at least 3 tailgates from the cedar springs ramp on the pines.
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/17/17 11:21 AM

Need to start cutting their hands off and then you'll know them when you see them..
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Belton Theives PSA - 11/17/17 06:53 PM

Thieves need to be shot dead. If the penalty is severe enough, they might just stop.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum