Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/15/17 03:19 PM

Like the title says I'm looking for a guide to help me with some of the deeper water bass fishing techniques like football jigs, c rigs etc. The last 10 years or so I have spent mainly fishing for whites, hybrids, etc. I feel pretty confident in my ability to use my graph to find fish. However, I just don't have much confidence in my technique. Not real particular on the lake just looking for a guide that doesn't mind doing some detailed instruction. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/15/17 03:19 PM

Clark Reehm on Rayburn.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/15/17 03:24 PM

Mark Pack at Fork
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/15/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
Clark Reehm on Rayburn.

Clark is great at this and will come to your lake to guide you if you want or he has great spots on Sam Rayburn and area lakes.
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/15/17 06:50 PM

Those are the 2 guys I would recommend also. Clark has been spending a lot of time on Rayburn, so he should be on some fish.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/15/17 08:47 PM

I have seen a lot of posts on here for James Biggs also. I may be getting him and Clark Rheem mixed up but I think he will come to you also but not sure about that.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 12:37 AM

Greg West on Fork would be another good choice.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 01:45 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated!
Posted By: FishFAN

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 01:59 AM

Our deep-water pro and Lowrance teacher/guru for Elite Guide Services (www.eliteguideservices.com) just qualified to fish the Elites for this next season. A real pro (he was also a college all-american).

The other suggestions, above, are great.
Posted By: Pete Robbins

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 11:25 AM

I spent a full day offshore with Clark last Wednesday and learned a ton.

Offshore Firsts
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 01:47 PM

Look up Jay Kendrick. He's a young gun but he's a really proficient deep water guy.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 02:21 PM

+1 for James Biggs. He keeps it simple, makes a ton of sense and the results are great. Biggest factor in my opinion is the simplicity of how he fishes.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 03:11 PM

+1 James Biggs. He teaches you how to use common sense in fishing. You already know it, but he will teach you how to put it in action and then some. Keep in mind he's a teacher, not someone who is there to put you on fish.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 03:13 PM

Clark Reehm on Rayburn, and Mark Pack or Lance Vick on Fork.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 04:06 PM

James Biggs
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 07:15 PM

Vick on Fork. I have not fished with James Biggs, but have never seen anything negative about him
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 07:50 PM

I’d be glad to teach deep fishing on Squaw creek.
Posted By: BrianFox

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 07:57 PM

James Biggs
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 09:32 PM

James Biggs. He teaches techniques and patterns as well as how to read the lake. He isn’t trying to be a guide and trying to put you on fish as his primary function but you will catch fish, if that makes sense. Like others have said he keeps it simple and keeps the lures simple so you know what to use and not spend your time trying to figure out the best bait to choose.

So far he has been the most efficient instructor that I have used. His mindset is different than a guide because he isn’t worried about numbers but teaching you how to go to various lakes and duplicate what works. Plus he’ll do it in your boat if you want and he isn’t worried about you marking spots to use later because he isn’t using them daily like a typical guide.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/16/17 11:18 PM

Also Justin Margraves on Fork
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/17/17 11:33 PM

One of the best & nicest guides I’ve met on Fork was Lance Vick & Tom Reddington. I actually took my dad on a trip with Tom out there.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/19/17 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
James Biggs. He teaches techniques and patterns as well as how to read the lake. He isn’t trying to be a guide and trying to put you on fish as his primary function but you will catch fish, if that makes sense. Like others have said he keeps it simple and keeps the lures simple so you know what to use and not spend your time trying to figure out the best bait to choose.

So far he has been the most efficient instructor that I have used. His mindset is different than a guide because he isn’t worried about numbers but teaching you how to go to various lakes and duplicate what works. Plus he’ll do it in your boat if you want and he isn’t worried about you marking spots to use later because he isn’t using them daily like a typical guide.

+1
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Looking for a guide to teach me some deep water techniques - 11/19/17 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt1212
Mark Pack at Fork

if you can get a trip,...he was running a special, he's the best at deep.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum