Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville timber

Posted By: i-Fish

Lewisville timber - 11/14/17 01:16 PM

You guys mind sharing the submerged timber areas to be careful around on Lewisville? Don’t want to be running water in an area that I should be avoiding or going around. Thx!
Posted By: SWH

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/14/17 01:21 PM

At least the West half of the lake is pretty clear. Haven’t been on the East Half.
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/14/17 03:04 PM

This is a quick cheap map to hopefully help. This is how I ran it when I was on it regularly. Green indicates running areas. Green circled areas are safe. Red areas are trees. I wouldn't run anything north or the LE bridge if you aren't familiar with the lake/area. The black lines are the old dam cuts. West of the cut I didn't mark but you are safe down the middle there too, at least to the bridge. Never went further West of the bridge much.
Posted By: D Egge

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/14/17 05:46 PM

be careful going back to the hickory creek side west of sycamore bend. you can kinda see the channel you should stick too on google earth.. there are some gotchas back there..
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/14/17 11:57 PM

I don't run the middle of the main lake north of Hickory Branch. Just the sides. There is a lot of timber in the middle under the water now. When the lake was low, it was amazing how much was in the middle.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/15/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeFriday
I don't run the middle of the main lake north of Hickory Branch. Just the sides. There is a lot of timber in the middle under the water now. When the lake was low, it was amazing how much was in the middle.

You talking about the arm that the 121 bridge runs across?
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/15/17 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish

Don't think so. About 500 yards off the dam to just past the telephone pole that marks the hump on the west side of thé main lake.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/15/17 05:04 PM

Where is this 121 bridge?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/15/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark C

Where is this 121 bridge?

South of the dam, just East of Mount Lewisville
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Lewisville timber - 11/15/17 06:51 PM

Navionics will give you a good starting point, they have areas of the lake outlined in dotted lines and labeled Flooded Timber. Avoid running in those areas and you will be safe
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum